xxMATTGxx
08-09-2014, 09:29 PM
http://mattgarner.net/uploads/2014-09-08_22-27-36.jpg

Main Announcements:

New iPhone model(s)
iWatch / New product range
iOS 8 (most likely)
Not sure what else...

Apple will also be doing a live stream and the event will start at 6pm BST.

What are you most excitited in seeing for this announcement, if anything at all?

Stadiums
08-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Looking forward to the new iPhones and the iWatch should be interesting! Going to miss the live stream but I'll probably watch it after.

Chris
08-09-2014, 10:42 PM
I'm interested to see the iWatch to see how it compares to Android Wear.

Drew
09-09-2014, 05:01 AM
Excited about everything :) I think we'll hear some updates about Yosemite as well.

e5
09-09-2014, 07:00 AM
Excited to hear about the new iphone. If the iwatch is any good i'll get one

Mikey
09-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Gonna watch this, should be good. :)

xxMATTGxx
09-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Interesting to see that Apple have been doing their own live updates on the Apple site. I think that's a first for them

lemons
09-09-2014, 05:16 PM
iphone 6 and iphone 6 plus

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxG2SjBIYAABA79.jpg

wixard
09-09-2014, 05:18 PM
size of iphone 6 plus in comparison to iphone 5s please? anyone?

lemons
09-09-2014, 05:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxG3olpCIAA9e4m.png

- - - Updated - - -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxG3TZdIUAAKZZX.jpg

wixard
09-09-2014, 05:20 PM
i'm not digging it, too big

might be able to handle the 6 but will have to actually have a hold of it
if i don't like it just gonna get 5s

http://i.gyazo.com/9d2ddac1cce4d6817f3e428e865f2dbe.png

Jssy
09-09-2014, 05:43 PM
It looks like a samsung phone

Red
09-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Lol i hate those samsung phones!! they r massive can't even hold them properly.

lemons
09-09-2014, 06:08 PM
iWatch !!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxHCE5kIMAAyeS_.png

Chris
09-09-2014, 06:12 PM
The apple watch looks quite nice. I like the UI!

Smurfed-
09-09-2014, 06:16 PM
I'm in love. I wonder how much the watch is going to cost though.

Draqom
09-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Actually loving the iphone 6 and iwatch
will have to go look at models when they hit the shops and test them out in my hand.. can't wait for my contract to end in january now

iBlueBox
09-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Contract ends next month so going to upgrade to the iPhone 6 Plus.

Also get paid on thursday and student loan comes in soon, so going to try and get an iWatch as soon as its launched.

xxMATTGxx
09-09-2014, 06:49 PM
Need to wait until Feb to get my hands on the iPhone 6 :(

Smurfed-
09-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Need to wait until Feb to get my hands on the iPhone 6 :(

Nice for some! I've got until 2016!

xxMATTGxx
09-09-2014, 07:11 PM
iOS 8 GM is now out on the Apple dev accounts. Currently downloading :D

peteyt
09-09-2014, 08:46 PM
iphone 6 and iphone 6 plus

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxG2SjBIYAABA79.jpg
While I'm not an Apple fan I think they've made a good decision here. One thing Apple has failed to see in the past is some like it big some like it small and having two options should hopefully increase their sales while keeping both sides happy.

I still think they need a cheap iphone and no the iphone c is not cheap. If apple had something with the price equivalent of a cheap or middle android phone people wouldn't have the issue of wanting an iphone but having to settle for android because they couldn't afford the premium price. I think if Apple did that they'd gain a lot more of the market share and they already have a lot.

As to the iWatch not sure yet. It looks nice but will have to see how its used in general as a lot of the watches currently have had problems in their day to day usage. Does anyone know how long a charge is estimated to last?

xxMATTGxx
09-09-2014, 08:50 PM
While I'm not an Apple fan I think they've made a good decision here. One thing Apple has failed to see in the past is some like it big some like it small and having two options should hopefully increase their sales while keeping both sides happy.

I still think they need a cheap iphone and no the iphone c is not cheap. If apple had something with the price equivalent of a cheap or middle android phone people wouldn't have the issue of wanting an iphone but having to settle for android because they couldn't afford the premium price. I think if Apple did that they'd gain a lot more of the market share and they already have a lot.

As to the iWatch not sure yet. It looks nice but will have to see how its used in general as a lot of the watches currently have had problems in their day to day usage. Does anyone know how long a charge is estimated to last?

I doubt we will see a "cheap" iPhone. Apple is all about making premium products and they do very well at that - They are competing against the higher end up phones from the other companies (Android etc).

lemons
09-09-2014, 10:00 PM
both iphone6 and watch look nice but dont feel thrilled enough to go buy them

Kardan
09-09-2014, 10:04 PM
Why would people buy the iWatch? I mean, everything on the iWatch you can pretty much get on your iPhone/iPad - the only thing really is the size? So why would you need an iWatch if you carry your iPhone around with you everywhere?

Someone that wants to buy the watch, please explain.

Prosiary
10-09-2014, 12:56 AM
I want that iWatch

e5
10-09-2014, 05:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/9TD3Tei.png

Wow, the size difference between a 5s and the 6 plus !!

Prices aren't too bad... staring at £539 for the iPhone 6 (Which is cheaper than the previous phones) and £619 for the iPhone 6+. Although I can't decide which one to get. Part of me wants the biggest and the better one, although, will it be practical? Will it be too big? Got to think that I carry it around in my pocket most of the time too.

Why are you guys waiting :O I'm pre-ordering mine :D

mrwoooooooo
10-09-2014, 06:42 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxHWndmCIAAV70q.jpg

iBlueBox
10-09-2014, 07:39 AM
Why would people buy the iWatch? I mean, everything on the iWatch you can pretty much get on your iPhone/iPad - the only thing really is the size? So why would you need an iWatch if you carry your iPhone around with you everywhere?

Someone that wants to buy the watch, please explain.

- Health tracking, monitors your health, steps, exercise and heart rate.

- Easy glance notifications, not having to take your phone out every minute to see who texts you.

- Taptic vibrations, the digital touch is a pretty great idea, the fact you could tap the screen and your friend would feel and receive the same taps you created.

peteyt
10-09-2014, 10:54 AM
I doubt we will see a "cheap" iPhone. Apple is all about making premium products and they do very well at that - They are competing against the higher end up phones from the other companies (Android etc).

Well it's debatable how well they do it. The problem is a lot of people find iphones too expensive. Samsung has gotten where it is because of its variety but admittedly it has went a bit over the top and has too many phones confusing people about which to get.

I'm certainly not suggesting apple do a Samsung but having a couple of key phones would work well. If apple had a top end phone and a bottom end phone they could tap both ends of the market, especially in foreign countries such as third world countries where cost is a big thing. If they then added a middle rang phone they'd basically have the market covered. Obviously not everyone would buy them but they'd have more chance as I know lots of people who would buy an iphone but can't due to costs.

Matt
10-09-2014, 10:56 AM
That 6plus is massive!

The watches look so cool though, I wouldn't mind one.

Kardan
10-09-2014, 03:39 PM
- Health tracking, monitors your health, steps, exercise and heart rate.

- Easy glance notifications, not having to take your phone out every minute to see who texts you.

- Taptic vibrations, the digital touch is a pretty great idea, the fact you could tap the screen and your friend would feel and receive the same taps you created.

But can't you just do all of that with the iPhone? (Regarding the 2nd point, you'll just be looking at your watch every minute to see who texts you).

xxMATTGxx
10-09-2014, 04:30 PM
But can't you just do all of that with the iPhone? (Regarding the 2nd point, you'll just be looking at your watch every minute to see who texts you).

I don't think the iPhone can monitor your heart rate when it's not connected or touching your body. Unlike the watch or any of those devices that can do that (fitbit might be one as well)

Kardan
10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Can the watch monitor your heart rate when it's not connected or touching your body?

xxMATTGxx
10-09-2014, 04:44 PM
Can the watch monitor your heart rate when it's not connected or touching your body?

How the hell does it do that Kardan... As I meant that the device needs to be connected to you some way or form. As the watch touches you surely.

Kardan
10-09-2014, 05:32 PM
How the hell does it do that Kardan... As I meant that the device needs to be connected to you some way or form. As the watch touches you surely.

But you did say:

I don't think the iPhone can monitor your heart rate when it's not connected or touching your body. Unlike the watch or any of those devices that can do that

Which I read as, the iPhone can't do it, unlike the watch, or any of those devices that can do it.

xxMATTGxx
10-09-2014, 05:37 PM
But you did say:

Which I read as, the iPhone can't do it, unlike the watch, or any of those devices that can do it.

Yeah I re-read it afterwards and edited my other post. I meant, because the watch will always be touching you then it's got a way of monitoring it better than a phone could technically. Like those fitbit devices or whatever else is out on there on the market that monitors these things.

Kardan
10-09-2014, 05:47 PM
So why wouldn't people already with an iPhone, just buy a heart rate monitor if they really needed one? I mean, I can understand if someone doesn't have an iPhone, but I don't see why you would ever get both.

xxMATTGxx
10-09-2014, 05:48 PM
So why wouldn't people already with an iPhone, just buy a heart rate monitor if they really needed one? I mean, I can understand if someone doesn't have an iPhone, but I don't see why you would ever get both.

The same people who want any sort of Smart Watch really. I don't really know, I think the device is pretty cool but I'm not looking at getting one.

Mr-Trainor
10-09-2014, 07:17 PM
The only thing putting me off is the way the camera sticks out of the phone a bit.. I'd rather be able to place my phone flat on the table (and I don't use a case).

Shar
10-09-2014, 08:44 PM
iPhone6 doesn't really sound much different from phones already on the market

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOXQo7nURs0

GommeInc
10-09-2014, 08:48 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxHWndmCIAAV70q.jpg
I love this image. It pretty much sums up the whole event :P

As for the iWatch - it makes the Moto 360, the LG and the Samsung smart watches look even better. It's what the designer said that was interesting. The iWatch has been in the making for the last 3 years - and you can tell, as it seems so out of date with its useless UI which shames how intuitive iOS is. Who on earth thought tiny icons on an already tiny device was a good idea? Apple have lost their product testing touch :/

As for smartwatches in general, I'm with Kardan. Just use a smartphone which does everything a smartwatch does and more. Smartwatches seem to be for people with more money than sense. Basically what are the key characteristic of your farm fresh douche :/

xxMATTGxx
10-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Don't see why people are comparing it with the Nexus 4, we all know it's about the user experience and that is where Apple do a high class job as they always do on their products. Hence why they didn't rush doing NFC payments like Google have done with wallet where many people have said the "experience" is crap.

It's not always about doing something first, it's about getting it right.

iBlueBox
10-09-2014, 09:05 PM

Cant do taptic vibrations.

and the health monitoring works with the health app together to give more accurate readings such as your heart rate.

GommeInc
10-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Don't see why people are comparing it with the Nexus 4, we all know it's about the user experience and that is where Apple do a high class job as they always do on their products. Hence why they didn't rush doing NFC payments like Google have done with wallet where many people have said the "experience" is crap.

It's not always about doing something first, it's about getting it right.
Multiple experiences can "get it right". That's an incredibly poor argument as if it wasn't done right no one would have Android, Apple or Windows Phone devices to begin with. Different user experiences all aim to do or already do the same thing, but differently. Has this come from some cheap Apple published book of terrible answers? I say cheap, it probably cost a lot. Also, as far as I am aware, NFC doesn't really change as it all does "the same thing", a re-occurring theme that comes up with Apple based releases.

If they just admitted that it's amazing because it's new to Apple it would be fine, but there's nothing new to this event to the world at large which they always try to push during these events - only their tiny eco-system that has been coasting a long for quite some time now has had changes (2012 if that image is anything to go by).

xxMATTGxx
10-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Multiple experiences can "get it right". That's an incredibly poor argument as if it wasn't done right no one would have Android, Apple or Windows Phone devices to begin with. Different user experiences all aim to do or already do the same thing, but differently. Has this come from some cheap Apple published book of terrible answers? I say cheap, it probably cost a lot. Also, as far as I am aware, NFC doesn't really change as it all does "the same thing", a re-occurring theme that comes up with Apple based releases.

If they just admitted that it's amazing because it's new to Apple it would be fine, but there's nothing new to this event to the world at large which they always try to push during these events - only their tiny eco-system that has been coasting a long for quite some time now has had changes (2012 if that image is anything to go by).

Yes and they do get it right (they have made mistakes, everyone does). They look at the existing tech, put it into their products and push it a couple of steps forward. Apple taking on NFC payments means it will be pushed out even more and more people will start to use it. Why? A) Massive user base around the world. B) They make it work and have a great experience.

In regards of your whole "NFC does the same thing" well yes in general but it's about doing it right.

As quoted:

It’s no wonder, then, that the last high-minded attempt from a big company to fix this mess failed. Google Wallet, though it has been rebranded and repurposed as an all-around solution for buying things through Google, was unable to overcome the incredibly strong entrenched interests in the payments space. Carriers, in the thick of developing Softcard, openly blocked Wallet on their branded devices without consequence — a peril of an open platform like Android. Google Wallet’s dynamic, straightforward, and intelligent VP Osama Bedier left for greener pastures just over a year ago — and Google’s ambitions for Wallet look much smaller today than when it originally launched.

As Google Wallet has been through it's issues since it's launch. If Apple can over come these problems and the most likely will then that;s a good thing for anyone who wishes to use it.

Tiny eco-system? How do you work that out. Also Windows Phone is a ******* joke compared to Apple.

Apple will make millions again from these products because people want them. They know how to make devices that sell and also know how to market it. Apple are doing a fine job. Everyone laughed at them for the iPad - Look how that turned out.

GommeInc
10-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Yes and they do get it right (they have made mistakes, everyone does). They look at the existing tech, put it into their products and push it a couple of steps forward. Apple taking on NFC payments means it will be pushed out even more and more people will start to use it. Why? A) Massive user base around the world. B) They make it work and have a great experience.

In regards of your whole "NFC does the same thing" well yes in general but it's about doing it right.

As quoted:

As Google Wallet has been through it's issues since it's launch. If Apple can over come these problems and the most likely will then that;s a good thing for anyone who wishes to use it.

Tiny eco-system? How do you work that out. Also Windows Phone is a ******* joke compared to Apple.

Apple will make millions again from these products because people want them. They know how to make devices that sell and also know how to market it. Apple are doing a fine job. Everyone laughed at them for the iPad - Look how that turned out.
It's as if you've been reading "Things Apple Users Say" :P Your random bit about they have made mistakes sort of contradicts your idea that Apple always get it right but you have been reading your cheap-yet-overpriced guide on things to say. Firstly, Android works. So does iOS and so does Windows Phone. They all sell well. Saying it is joke compared to Apple is just an opinion, but it still sells. If you read that as a comparison then no idea where you go that but I shall assume for now this is just being over-defensive. For some reason smartphones are still seen as being part in package of being part of a cult when they all do the same thing, just differently.

Also, it's tiny as it always seem to be playing catch up - nothing ground-breaking in the tech world but only ground-breaking in its small, local world.

No one has said they won't sell. They sell because they're Apple and many have bought into the eco-system and these will sell because these incredibly old features and functions are new to Apple. If they just said it was new to them rather than preach they're being innovative these tedious discussions wouldn't be met with images of "This is the iPhone 6 - this is two years behind the Nexus 4 and even further behind the Samsung Galaxy 5 and Nexus 5."

I just hope this iteration actually has a long battery life :/ It's the major downfall.

xxMATTGxx
10-09-2014, 09:55 PM
Windows Phone is a joke compared to Android as well. You do realise how long it took them to get decent apps in the App Store right? Hell Microsoft even had to make the facebook app. Not sure if they still do. That's why I moved away from that platform as the app market place was better on other platforms. Windows Phone still has a long way to go.

Why would any company say bad things about their products and say its two years out of the date? You make it like Apple is the only company who does this. ALL of them do this.

It's a good job you aren't part of their marketing department or Google / Microsofts as it seems you would do a bad job at it :P

Kardan
11-09-2014, 05:56 AM
Cant do taptic vibrations.

and the health monitoring works with the health app together to give more accurate readings such as your heart rate.

So people are essentially paying for two new features, one of which you could buy a more cheaper device to achieve (a heart rate monitor). I also don't see the point on these new vibrations but I suppose we will have to wait and see more on that.

xxMATTGxx
15-09-2014, 12:59 PM
From Twitter:

@verge: Breaking: Apple sold a record four million iPhones in 24 hours http://t.co/VgOYyM7uLv

xxMATTGxx
17-09-2014, 05:20 PM
Just to let everyone who owns iOS devices that iOS 8 has now been released to the public.

lemons
17-09-2014, 05:27 PM
UNABLE TO CHECK FOR UPDATE AHH

is there new emoji

wixard
17-09-2014, 06:17 PM
grrr mine wont download

j0rd
17-09-2014, 06:44 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/18/6u4ety8a.jpg

[emoji30][emoji30]

xxMATTGxx
17-09-2014, 07:16 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/18/6u4ety8a.jpg

[emoji30][emoji30]

Do it via iTunes if you can - It will require a lot less space. It's because you are doing it over the air it requires the 5.7GB.

scottish
17-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Downloading it atm

j0rd
17-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Do it via iTunes if you can - It will require a lot less space. It's because you are doing it over the air it requires the 5.7GB.

Ta Matt!!

MilksAreUs
17-09-2014, 09:36 PM

16 hours left over iTunes :/

Hannah
17-09-2014, 09:49 PM
I have to wait until next year until I can get the 6. Only got the 5s last year and EE no longer do their 'swap' thing.

I really want the watch but I'm far too poor to be spending that sort of money on it.

Just have to deal with iOS 8 alone atm. ;(

Mr-Trainor
18-09-2014, 01:02 PM
I ended up buying another 5s rather than a 6 (water damaged my other 5s which meant the speaker wasn't functioning properly, but was able to sell it for £300 so it worked out cheaper buying another 5s than to get it repaired, and there's nothing the 6 has that I really really want to have :P). Might be time to get phone insurance..

--

16 hours left over iTunes :/
Both my iPad and iPhone took roughly an hour each over iTunes, whereas the OTA was claiming 63 hours remaining at one point! Definitely quicker, and like Matt said there's no need to clear up loads of storage space :P. Hopefully yours sped up eventually!

--

Forgot to mention, after updating my iPhone through iTunes I had no data left - somehow my phone had used up the ~125mb of data I had left on O2. Did anyone else experience a similar problem or heard of anyone who did :S?

e5
19-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Mine took forever because of the amount of people doing it, and I did it on my phone... had to delete everything and then re install it all after the update lmao.

Anyone camp out and buy the new iphone yesterday? :P Mines processing still :( didn't wanna camp out lmao

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!