PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Pistorious Trial Approaching Verdict.

Danny
11-09-2014, 08:30 AM
So finally, either sometime today or tomorrow we shall have a verdict in this trial.
It's been a long time coming, so I'm hoping it is over today.

As far as I am concerned, the man is guilty. He should serve a good period of time in jail what ever the outcome,
because he still killed Reeva, whether he did it on purpose or not.
Even if it was an intruder, he was in no danger seeing as they were looked in the bathroom.
But regardless, I feel he is guilty, that he knew who was in there.

It is going to be frustrating for me, I can see it being a long day or two.

Matt
11-09-2014, 08:35 AM
It's dragged on forever!

I think he's gulity and I think they'll say he's guilty too.

I just want it to be finished, so fed up seeing clips of him crying in court :/

lemons
11-09-2014, 09:01 AM
Been watching it all morning

Danny
11-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Seems like he isn't going to be charged with premeditated murder.

Matt
11-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Do you think he'll appeal any decision made? He's had a pretty tough time since the trial started, so can he really go through it all again?!

wixard
11-09-2014, 11:09 AM
cleared on all murder charges

then judge takes a break, what the ****.
surely it will be culpable homicide (learnt this from twitter i feel so smart)

watching also lemons;

Matt
11-09-2014, 11:13 AM
If he's not found guilty of culpable homicide then god knows whats going on.

He didn't have a license to have his gun or the ammunition either so I'm sure that comes with a sentence too????

wixard
11-09-2014, 11:19 AM
i just don't buy the fact that he thought she was in the bed, he would have noticed she wasn't there, and then why shoot into the bathroom? coupled with his noted violent past and watching the trial, having surely heard the same thing the court has heard i don't really get how he wasn't found guilty of murder

lemons
11-09-2014, 12:52 PM
So I wonder how much the judge was paid

Danny
11-09-2014, 01:23 PM
I'm so sure that he is guilty of murder, but if he doesn't even get guilty of culpable homicide, which at the very least he should be, then there is something very wrong. She did sound like she was leading up to culpable homicide though.

wixard
11-09-2014, 01:24 PM
i think that the prosecution just made a complete balls of the case, and that there was no way to find him guilty of murder

which really really sucks because i'm sure a lot of people including myself think that he's guilty

-:Undertaker:-
11-09-2014, 03:49 PM
I found it interesting watching clips that the South African legal system doesn't appear to have a jury and is instead decided by a judge, surprising really given the long British imperial history of the country. Is this due to the (pre-British) Dutch imperial legal system I wonder? I assume then that the legal system there is a mash up of British and Dutch elements?

I suspect our legal expert Ryan (GommeInc) may have an answer. :P

Kardan
11-09-2014, 03:59 PM
It's pretty obvious he's going to get done for homicide, the judge pretty much used the definition of it, saying he was 'negligent'.

He didn't get done for premeditated murder because it wasn't planned. At least, that's the basics I've took from all of this. Seems pretty simple to follow.

Danny
12-09-2014, 03:20 PM
How has he even been granted an extended bail?

Kyle
13-09-2014, 08:12 AM
looks like he will get around 5-10 years when he is sentenced next month. i wonder if they'll let him have his springy leg things in prison

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!