PDA

View Full Version : Micro SD card trouble

Catchy
11-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Hi, bought a micro sd card 128gb and it arrived today. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S and for some reason it wont let me transfer my files over to it using the stock my files app as Kitkat doesn't allow 3rd party apps to write to sd cards anymore. I'm constantly getting the error message can't copy file

I've tried everything, formatted to fat32 and to exfat - no luck
Restored my device - no luck

Surely it's not a problem with the card itself as it works fine copying files on my laptop and my lumia phone. helppppppppppppppp

-Nick
11-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Why not use a card reader and use a computer to copy the files?

Brad
11-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Sometimes your phone stores information in a different file than what the mini SD card reads. I know I've had this happen to me with my SD cards, and sometimes things have to be formatted to work with the same file.

Catchy
11-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Why not use a card reader and use a computer to copy the files?

Because that is just so inconvinient, I download a lot of torrents directly from my tablet too.

Sometimes your phone stores information in a different file than what the mini SD card reads. I know I've had this happen to me with my SD cards, and sometimes things have to be formatted to work with the same file.

As I said in my post, I've tried formatting numberous times :(

Brad
11-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Because that is just so inconvinient, I download a lot of torrents directly from my tablet too.

As I said in my post, I've tried formatting numberous times :(

Maybe it's the tablet itself that is blocking access to move anything via SD card? Maybe something in your settings could enable it?

Trinity
11-09-2014, 10:52 PM
Hi, bought a micro sd card 128gb and it arrived today. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S and for some reason it wont let me transfer my files over to it using the stock my files app as Kitkat doesn't allow 3rd party apps to write to sd cards anymore. I'm constantly getting the error message can't copy file

I've tried everything, formatted to fat32 and to exfat - no luck
Restored my device - no luck

Surely it's not a problem with the card itself as it works fine copying files on my laptop and my lumia phone. helppppppppppppppp

Where did you get the card from? A lot of the cards on ebay and amazon aren't really the size they claim, they're just small cards that pretend to be big, and then either give errors when you try to write to them or when you try to read from them.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!