PDA

View Full Version : Has Habbox changed you?

scottish
12-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Has habbox changed the way you act/behave?

Has it had some effect on how you feel about subjects (for example, more understanding on mental illnesses, more accepting of homosexuals than you may find irl, etc)

Kardan
12-09-2014, 04:20 PM
It's probably made me defend Muslims more to be honest. And Europeans coming over here for work.

Jurv
12-09-2014, 04:24 PM
yh i've learnt about mental illness a lot more just by reading through threads
i didn't really know anything about it before signing up, which is quite worrying...

um it hasn't changed my opinions/thoughts on sexuality as i've always felt the same

but maybe i've learnt not to be so judgemental and speak to people maybe i wouldn't have years ago

Kardan
12-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Oh, it's probably made me dislike UKIP more than I would do naturally I suppose.

Empired
12-09-2014, 04:28 PM
It's helped me see from other points of view. Like I don't normally contribute to debates on hxf but I do read a fair few. I can't be sure but I'd like to think I'm a bit better at debating because of it.

scottish
12-09-2014, 04:38 PM
Oh, it's probably made me dislike UKIP more than I would do naturally I suppose.

because of supporters/opposer's or just more exposure to the news relating to UKIP?

Kardan
12-09-2014, 04:42 PM
because of supporters/opposer's or just more exposure to the news relating to UKIP?

More exposure really. I wouldn't have read as much about UKIP, or explored their policies as much. Now that I have, I can see that on the majority of things, I disagree with them.

Matt
13-09-2014, 01:30 AM
It's changed my perception of the internet and highlighted the fact that people on it can all have different personalities, problems and issues and they express them in different ways. Also the fact some people take their inflated egos to try and get their own way and walk around like a god when actually they're nothing special. It's increased my tolerance level too and has taught me to just ignore people!

I guess this is a mixture of Habbo as well not just solely Habbox!!!

Gina
13-09-2014, 02:02 AM
probably about the way i feel about people who are gay etc
a lot of the people in my year are soooo homophobic and i dont think theyve ever actually met a gay person or trans or anything
i think if it wasnt for habbox i prob would be the same as them just because i wouldnt have spoken to anyone gay or trans etc it feels so nasty saying it omg
never know like might not have been because i know my sister and friend both say theyre bi soooo but def did change my opinion
i think on people who like crossdress especially like theres 1 person whos an ex dj i speak to a fair bit and wants to be a female so crossdresses etc like if it wasnt for habbox and me speaking to people who do that id prob just idk

def have a better understanding with things like mental illness etc

Shar
13-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Its made me more open minded about things such as mental illness and sexuality, I'm more accepting.

-:Undertaker:-
13-09-2014, 11:42 AM
It hasn't really.

I've realised more so that there are a lot of control freaks out there, and it's improved my writing skills. Other than that, nope.

Sho
13-09-2014, 08:58 PM
hasn't really changed my opinion on anything (that I can think of anyway), but it's definitely given me a lot more confidence

nobody probably remembers when I first joined but I was so quiet and rarely spoke to anyone cause I was just super shy and now I'm nothing like that :P

OldLoveSong
13-09-2014, 09:41 PM
habboxlive has- its made me less afraid of speaking in public and i have more articulate sentences. as for the forum not really much has changed me

IzzyUhh
13-09-2014, 11:44 PM
HabboxLive definitely had. It's acted as a hobby and a distraction from things irl and I enjoy it. Habbox has helped me be more open minded, and realised that not all people on the internet are predators and that there are a lot more people.

I also find jokes from people here to use on my irl mates

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!