PDA

View Full Version : Is your countries flag important to you, and would you be angry/upset if it changed?

The Don
25-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Just curious to find out how highly you all regard your countries flag. I know some people get really patriotic over these sorts of things so it would be interesting to find out the general consensus on here. Personally i'm not particularly fussed about our flag, i'm really not a patriotic person though so it's not really a shocking revelation.

How important is your countries flag to you, and would you be angry/upset if it was changed?

David
25-09-2014, 04:47 PM
would be confused if scotland flag got changed, not angry.
and couldn't give a **** if the union flag changes

scottish
25-09-2014, 04:49 PM
Yes my countries flag is important to me and I'd be annoyed if it was changed.

That goes for Scottish flag, idc either way about the UK flag.

The Don
25-09-2014, 05:06 PM
would be confused if scotland flag got changed, not angry.
and couldn't give a **** if the union flag changes

Yeh, I should've put more options or changed it from angry if it changed, to would mind if it changed.

Yes my countries flag is important to me and I'd be annoyed if it was changed.

That goes for Scottish flag, idc either way about the UK flag.

Interesting, How come you consider the Scottish one as important but not the UK one?

scottish
25-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Yeh, I should've put more options or changed it from angry if it changed, to would mind if it changed.

Interesting, How come you consider the Scottish one as important but not the UK one?

Because Scotlands my country moreso than the UK.

Just like i'd consider myself Scottish more than I'm British (and I've never put myself as British, only Scottish)

Lewis
25-09-2014, 05:19 PM
I think it'd be stupid and idiotic if they changed the Scottish flag, why would they need to? The scottish flag is quite important to recognize the people of Scotland, but it wouldn't be the end of the world I guess.

Red
25-09-2014, 05:23 PM
They are a very contentious issue here, and an important part of cultural identity here. When they removed union flag from city hall 2 years ago, it sparked full scale riots. But yea it is important to me, I hated the though of us losing our flag if Scotland went independent. And we don't really have an official northern Ireland flag, but mostly the ulster banner is used in protestant communities.

-:Undertaker:-
25-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Yes it is important to me and I would be angry if it were changed by third rate chancer politicians, hence why I fly it in my garden all year round/have them on my walls and even have my phone case in it. :P It represents my history, religion, people and culture stretching back thousands of years.

I also have immense respect for the flags of other peoples (genuine flags of genuine countries) in the same way.

Richie
25-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Yeah, it does, I would be annoyed if it changed, sure I I do get annoyed as it is when @Red (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=81989); tells me her and her mates go around burning the irish flag for the lols #thugs

harrie
25-09-2014, 09:25 PM
i'm outrageously patriotic ! i'd be more devastated than angry... my dragon <333

le harry
25-09-2014, 09:40 PM
yes i'd be proper annoyed if the australian flag changed

Mark
25-09-2014, 10:03 PM
In terms of the Scottish flag it isn't all that important to me however I'd be annoyed if it changed.

sexpot
25-09-2014, 11:38 PM
I'd care more if the Texas flag was changed than if the US flag was.

Matt
26-09-2014, 04:46 AM
It doesn't really bother me. Not like I use it much in my daily life either (if at all).

kuzkasate
26-09-2014, 06:01 PM
I do think the flag of my country is important but if it changed I wouldn't be angry etc, well it depends on the reason actually but over all I wouldn't be fussed if it changed

The Don
26-09-2014, 06:07 PM
I'd care more if the Texas flag was changed than if the US flag was.

Texas has a flag? That surprises me, although it shouldn't.

MKR&*42
26-09-2014, 06:15 PM

IIRC, all US States have their own flag :P

Shar
26-09-2014, 06:18 PM
No not really I wouldn't be bothered

Aiden
26-09-2014, 06:33 PM
that's one think i don't think needs changing ever
only change in future should be tiny

sexpot
26-09-2014, 06:40 PM

http://i62.tinypic.com/30idthy.jpg

Yeah every state has its own flag

27-09-2014, 05:56 PM
Yes, I think changing history is disgraceful actually. GO UK!!

2LQ
29-09-2014, 06:14 PM
I agree with what some people said at the start, I'd care if it was the Scottish flag but not the UKs.
That's just down to me considering myself Scottish rather than British.

Jurv
29-09-2014, 07:46 PM
i couldnt care less if it changed, not important to me

A4R0N
29-09-2014, 08:08 PM
They are a very contentious issue here, and an important part of cultural identity here. When they removed union flag from city hall 2 years ago, it sparked full scale riots. But yea it is important to me, I hated the though of us losing our flag if Scotland went independent. And we don't really have an official northern Ireland flag, but mostly the ulster banner is used in protestant communities.
i bet you have an ulster banner flying above your house

-:Undertaker:-
30-09-2014, 02:36 AM
i bet you have an ulster banner flying above your house

And so people should.

GommeInc
30-09-2014, 07:41 AM
I'm not patriotic so I wouldn't say the St. George's cross or even the Union Flag are that important to me personally. If anything I just see it as important for the history but to me it doesn't mean much :P I'd be confused as to why the St. George's cross needs to change unless it was discovered there was some sort of evil to warrant it. As for the Union Flag, I wouldn't be annoyed or upset if it changed, more disappointed that it would probably have to change due to some sort of conflict that could have possibly been righted.

Zak
30-09-2014, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't really care if they changed the flag for England but I would if they did for the United Kingdom

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!