PDA

View Full Version : Gay Marriage.

Bef
10-09-2005, 10:29 PM
I was wondering what your views on this were and if anyone knew any real info on it? Gays and Lesbians can now get married in Uk apparently but a few years ago my mates Mum and um Stepmum got blessed. It wasn't exactly a marrige. Whats it like in America/Canada ect. And is this really how it is in britain?

ross
10-09-2005, 10:30 PM
I think so.

It should be allowed.
But unfortunately we have no power to change the 'law' we'll have to hope someone realises it's fine for two people of the same gender to get married. :eusa_pray :)

Pilgrim-Soul
10-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Yeh, Same se'x should be able to get married. They still love each other.

icebox12
10-09-2005, 10:33 PM
I think it's completly wrong that people think it shouldn't be allowed. If they think that, then to be honest I think normal marriage is completly wrong...

Marriage is something two people do to combine their love for each other in a holy manner, people getting in the way of that, are very mean. People should be allowed to marry who they like, the law shouldn't be allowed to get in the way of that.

Bef
10-09-2005, 10:34 PM
I agree, my mates Mum and Step Mum seem really happy together. Unfourtunatly my mate had to go through alot of bullying when she was younger and lived with them in England. Since she moved to Wales she has been open about her Mums sxuality and hasn't had any trouble here really. It's sad thou, she suffered because her mother found love with another women.

kasi
10-09-2005, 10:34 PM
In Canada I'm not sure what the law thing is here..

Even though I'm straight, I think Gay Marriages should be aloud.. all that matters is that they love eachother, not their gender, right? ^_^

ashLOVESMatt!
10-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Marriage is all about showing your love for one another, so if a straight couple can do that, a gay couple surely should be allowed. Love is unconditional.

Roboevil
Well really gay marriage shouldn't be aloud, it was religion that brought weddings and they are the ones that condemn gaeity. In my point of view, a gay marriage should not be held in the name of the Church as Christianty condemns all things that are gay, but then that's the opinion from an atheist.

ross

Even though I'm straight, I think Gay Marriages should be aloud.. all that matters is that they love eachother, not their gender, right? ^_^

Too true, very well put too.

If two people of the same gender love eachother why should anything stop it?

Straight couples love eacother and it's nothing wrong with that.

I think the problem is 'history' where people were brought up thinking two people of the same gender is 'wrong'

well now, it's not - though there is some things that need to be changed, right?

Bef
10-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Yup completely. Im straight to and imagine if things were like the other way round. That women were "supposed" to be with women and men were "supposed" to be with men. Do u think it would seem less wrong if Women could reproduce with Women and men could do the same?

Pilgrim-Soul
10-09-2005, 10:38 PM
Well really gay marriage shouldn't be aloud, it was religion that brought weddings and they are the ones that condemn gaeity. In my point of view, a gay marriage should not be held in the name of the Church as Christianty condemns all things that are gay, but then that's the opinion from an atheist.
Intresting Point.

Bef
10-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Ye Robo but how many people get married in the name of god when they dont even believe in him?!

Mentor
10-09-2005, 10:40 PM

In canida gay marrahe was allowed a little while ago, athogh the precher or whatever does have the right to refuse, but most places id exspect would.

Athogh stanrgly enogh i know that but am not 100% on what the law is in the uk. Anyhow im all for gay marrage, i mean why shoulnt they be able to get marrayed? why would anyone not want them to, its not going to effect them? only make whom ever is getting marrayed happyer?

techilay the idea of marrage or union far predates any currant religiuons, so they cant realy clame it as there own. but i think those whom are homosexual should have the same choise, becused chances are some homosexuals would be cristan, just as some would be aithist "/

Pulchritudinous
10-09-2005, 10:46 PM
I believe marriage should be for male and female partners only, that's just my opinion, which I'm entitled too.

ross
10-09-2005, 10:47 PM
I believe marriage should be for male and female partners only, that's just my opinion, which I'm entitled too.

True, you are entitled to it.

However, people can argue against it, right?

Pulchritudinous
10-09-2005, 10:48 PM
True, you are entitled to it.

However, people can argue against it, right?

Go ahead.

Mentor
10-09-2005, 10:49 PM
is there any reason for this??

ross
10-09-2005, 10:49 PM
Go ahead.
I'm not saying I am going to argue against it? I'm saying people can.

Absently
10-09-2005, 10:52 PM
I really and truly think it should b aloud if a women and another woman are sure that they love eachother anough then let them get married :)

Bef
10-09-2005, 10:55 PM
If i was to turn round and say Im marrying a black guy, there would be alot of people against it. Im white and personally i dont think theres anything wrong with white and blacks together, It's the same sort of thing. What colour were Adam and Eve? Would god aprove of a mixed race marrige?

ross
10-09-2005, 10:56 PM
If i was to turn round and say Im marrying a black guy, there would be alot of people against it. Im white and personally i dont think theres anything wrong with white and blacks together, It's the same sort of thing. What colour were Adam and Eve? Would god aprove of a mixed race marrige?
Interesting point.

Bef
10-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Mixed race marrige is frowned on by some people but is legal. Anywho, How do we no Jesus wasnt Gay aswell? How do we no his deciples werent his lovers?

Pulchritudinous
10-09-2005, 10:59 PM
is there any reason for this??

No, sorry, I just don't think it's right.

I am aware that's it quite cruel of me to think that, I just believe marriage is between a man and a women.

Mentor
10-09-2005, 11:02 PM
No, sorry, I just don't think it's right.

I am aware that's it quite cruel of me to think that, I just believe marriage is between a man and a women.
Yes but by the very nature of the word belive, there would have to be something that makes you "belive" that. You cant make a crediable statment unless you can back it up with some sort of resoning behind it?

Realy? from my exspercance, i dont think anyone would blink an eyelid at it? then again, diffent places have differnt socal climets in wich to work with, "/

Col
10-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Marriage is all about showing your love for one another, so if a straight couple can do that, a gay couple surely should be allowed. Love is unconditional.
Amen <3

Eamonn
10-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Gay marriages become legel in uk in december i heard

ross
10-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Gay marriages become legel in uk in december i heard
:o really?

*Protest*

Hey Colin, we'll have to get married now? ;)

Pulchritudinous
10-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Yes but by the very nature of the word belive, there would have to be something that makes you "belive" that. You cant make a crediable statment unless you can back it up with some sort of resoning behind it?

I have a feeling I'm slightly homophobic, I'd like to think I'm not, but I think thats partly to do with it, it's just things you associate with marriage can't happen, so I don't think same se.x marriages are right.

Who takes who's surname.
Two suits, two wedding dresses?

Bef
10-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Realy? from my exspercance, i dont think anyone would blink an eyelid at it? then again, diffent places have differnt socal climets in wich to work with, "/

My family is quite racist and i was bought up in a racist community. Its always been a big deal to me. I remember when i was like 13 and my boyfriend was mixed race, my uncle told me he would get out a colour chart and if he was above a certain point he'd get my cousins to beat him up. He was joking... i think, but u understand where im coming from.

Col
10-09-2005, 11:10 PM
It's sad that some people think it's not right for gay or mixed race'd marriages. Both people are human beings, though - So how is it different from two males/females or two white/black humans? I think that it's purely natural, espically if the two people love eachother.

Definetly Ross, amagadz!

Eamonn
10-09-2005, 11:11 PM
:o really?

*Protest*

Hey Colin, we'll have to get married now? ;)
Yea its defently going to be legal within the next 2 years because Elton Johns get married 3 weeks after there legal

ross
10-09-2005, 11:11 PM
I have a feeling I'm slightly homophobic, I'd like to think I'm not, but I think thats partly to do with it, it's just things you associate with marriage can't happen, so I don't think same se.x marriages are right.

Who takes who's surname.

Ah.

Not really.

They might not take eachothers surname. Or they could agree on one.
Two suits? what's wrong with that - I see people in suits all the time, and there's more and two.
Also, maybe one likes to dress casual, because they can dress whatever way they like doesn't have to be a wedding dress or a suit.

And for the two wedding dresses, one woman may wear a suit - it happens.

Pulchritudinous
10-09-2005, 11:12 PM
My family is quite racist and i was bought up in a racist community. Its always been a big deal to me. I remember when i was like 13 and my boyfriend was mixed race, my uncle told me he would get out a colour chart and if he was above a certain point he'd get my cousins to beat him up. He was joking... i think, but u understand where im coming from.

Completely off topic but..Yeah I watched a programme once where a mixed race family from London swapped places with a white family from Wales, and they were quite racist there about them, it's new to me, it's a multi cultural society in London, I don't stop to think about mixed race marriage.

Col
10-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Yeah, there are women suits nowadays..

Bef
10-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Good if same sx marriges are legal now!! My family are all a holes, im surprised im not a racist homaphobe as well lol! My cousins gay and he can't tell most of the family as he is afraid of being disowned and hes a grown man!

Mentor
10-09-2005, 11:14 PM

Who takes who's surname.

That makes little sence. what does marrge entail? love, wich is the main point, in todays scoitey, the first point would be with a starte marrage also? sometimes its the femail parters sir name sometimes the male? its a choise anyway?
that just depends on if its 2 men or to women? or if they like cross dressing maybe, but i dont see what ods that makes.

The only requirment for marrage is love by deffinition, love is blind anyhow so waht else is realy needed? i jsut dont follow. and even if u woulnt want to see a gay marrage, why should u deprive others from it when it doesnt actaly effect you at all to start "/.

Bef
10-09-2005, 11:15 PM
At my friends mums blessing, she wore a dress (Not a wedding dress but a dress) and her lover wore a suit.

Col
10-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Good if same sx marriges are legal now!! My family are all a holes, im surprised im not a racist homaphobe as well lol! My cousins gay and he can't tell most of the family as he is afraid of being disowned and hes a grown man!
I feel so bad for your cousin, I am sure he is very sad about it :(

ross
10-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Spankadelic and Mentor both good points. <3

Bef
10-09-2005, 11:20 PM
He get's on with it, he doesn't wan't to cause an upset, he lives in london and we don't see much of him anyway so he can live his life pretty much how he want's. It's sad that my family can't accept it but it's the way theyve all been bought up i guess. Funny thing is, he is so camp, you can pretty much tell he is gay! You'd think my family would of realised but nope! At his mum and dad's anniversary party, my uncle made a speech about how he hoped he would live to see his oldest son married soon with kids! Those of us who he had told he was gay couldn't stop laughing.

Cheezy
10-09-2005, 11:23 PM
I personally am not too sure about Gay Marriage, I don't really see much point in it. I think if Ash asked me to marry him, seriously and officialy, I'd say yes just because i love him so much. I never ever thought i'd fall in love, and i used to think some things related to it were quite sad, but i couldn't help how it was for me, I just love him so much.

So ash, if EVER you proposed to me, I wouldn't reject ;p (although we're married on habbo, lmao).

ross
10-09-2005, 11:24 PM
I personally am not too sure about Gay Marriage, I don't really see much point in it. I think if Ash asked me to marry him, seriously and officialy, I'd say yes just because i love him so much. I never ever thought i'd fall in love, and i used to think some things related to it were quite sad, but i couldn't help how it was for me, I just love him so much.

So ash, if EVER you proposed to me, I wouldn't reject ;p (although we're married on habbo, lmao).
Cheezy2? :o if so, hey.

Mentor
10-09-2005, 11:24 PM
He get's on with it, he doesn't wan't to cause an upset, he lives in london and we don't see much of him anyway so he can live his life pretty much how he want's. It's sad that my family can't accept it but it's the way theyve all been bought up i guess. Funny thing is, he is so camp, you can pretty much tell he is gay! You'd think my family would of realised but nope! At his mum and dad's anniversary party, my uncle made a speech about how he hoped he would live to see his oldest son married soon with kids! Those of us who he had told he was gay couldn't stop laughing.
if your family is as stroingy agaist homsexualty as you suggest, its probaly self denial wich stops them from noticeing, since they want to mentaly keep up an illuson for themselves. It is realy a great pitty "/

Cheezy
10-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Yep, I am Cheezy2... my Cheezy2 account on this forum is banned ;p

Bef
10-09-2005, 11:29 PM
Cheezy even if you were Cheezy2 do u think were bothered?
AMIBOTHERED?
DOESTHISFACELOOKBOTHERED?
ASKMEIFIMBOTHERED!?!!
Back on topic... Yup, there prob all sat at home dreaming of naked men. It is sad. I seriously think homaphobes r that way because there not comfertable in there own sxuality!

Apoligys Cheezy ^^ I didn't read up, i thought u were just randomly stating you were Cheezy2 and expecting a medal...

Eamonn
10-09-2005, 11:30 PM
AMIBOTHERED?
ASKMEIFIMBOTHERED!?!!

well said xD face bothered bothered no

ashLOVESMatt!
Matt! RAWR, are you still on sweetheart?

Col

You sure are a ''luva'' :P

Cheezy
yes ash I'm still on yeyyyyyyyyayayya you just told me about these boards, so I thought i'd check it out! Love you.

and Spankadellic, or whatever... I never said that as though to brag, i said it because i was asked whether it was me. So please, don't be so naeive and critical towards me.

Tyche
10-09-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm not 'into' marriage - It's all too religious for my liking. Though if I ever wanted to marry, I'd like the option to marry a woman.

Bef
10-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Yer cheezy if u read up youl see i apoligised for my Catherine Tate impressions, i thought you were just randomly stating that your were cheezy2! But Mehhh... u weren't, i was wrong. I hate being wrong!

Mentor
10-09-2005, 11:33 PM
AMIBOTHERED?
ASKMEIFIMBOTHERED!?!!
Back on topic... Yup, there prob all sat at home dreaming of naked men. It is sad. I seriously think homaphobes r that way because there not comfertable in there own sxuality!
Ive forgotten the name of the study, but it involved takeing 5 vilently homophobic men, and letting them watch gay ****, while mesuring the blood flow to the *****, it showed that 4 out of the 5 became aroused why watching it, wich cuased the conculsion wich they were thesmeves actaly homosexual, but were self hating and were unable to accpet themselves, so therefor anyone who may remind them of there own real sexual prefences etc they would have hatrid of. if that made any sence, the study has been reapted many times with the same results "/
so you anaislis, that homobes are not comfatble in there own sexualy is correct.

ps. some of the filtering here, if habbox is going to have a forum like this it needs to grow up in what words it allows =.=
first **** = pron
second ***** = male anatomey

Bef
10-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Yer, What also annoys me as how guy's have to deny other guys hawtness.
If i was asked if a girl was attractive i could honestly say yes or no
If a straight guy is asked if another guy is attractive there usually like "How do i no? im not gay!" YES BUT U DO HAVE EYES! Aaaaahhh!

ashLOVESMatt!
10-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Ive forgotten the name of the study, but it involved takeing 5 vilently homophobic men, and letting them watch gay ****, while mesuring the blood flow to the *****, it showed that 4 out of the 5 became aroused why watching it, wich cuased the conculsion wich they were thesmeves actaly homosexual, but were self hating and were unable to accpet themselves, so therefor anyone who may remind them of there own real sexual prefences etc they would have hatrid of. if that made any sence, the study has been reapted many times with the same results "/
so you anaislis, that homobes are not comfatble in there own sexualy is correct.

ps. some of the filtering here, if habbox is going to have a forum like this it needs to grow up in what words it allows =.=
first **** = pron
second ***** = male anatomey

Yeah, but just because a guy gets hard over seeing gay p'orn doesn't mean he is gay.

Cheezy
10-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Lol i have to be honest, that is soooo true spank ;p

Mentor
10-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Yeah, but just because a guy gets hard over seeing gay p'orn doesn't mean he is gay.
Well when someones aroused at men its a good pointer, athogh u have remined me i forget to mention the second part of the study, in wich they were exsposed to pron of the oppersit ***, in wich guess what, they wernt aroused.

The way youve put your responce could also be a pointer for yourslef "/

Bef
10-09-2005, 11:46 PM
I seen on the news a couple of weeks ago something about 2 women may be able to have a baby without a man, il look for an in depth article on the net

Mentor
10-09-2005, 11:48 PM
I seen on the news a couple of weeks ago something about 2 women may be able to have a baby without a man, il look for an in depth article on the net
that would be techialy true but woulnt there still be the requrement for a sperm donar at some point "/

Bef
11-09-2005, 12:03 AM
Thats what im trying to find out, i swear i heard something like that but il try and find
http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/science/story/0,12996,1566144,00.html
I duno if thats what i heard, i swear there was something about no sperm, il keep looking. But yer. accourding to that article to women can have a baby but they need sperm!

Bef
11-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Thats what im trying to find out, i swear i heard something like that but il try and find out...
I duno if thats what i heard, i swear there was something about no sperm, il keep looking. But yer. accourding to that article to women can have a baby but they need sperm!

Bef
11-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Thats what im trying to find out, i swear i heard something like that but il try and find out...

Bef
11-09-2005, 12:06 AM
http://web.uk.ask.com/redir?u=http%3a%2f%2ftm.uk.ask.com%2fr%3ft%3dan%26 s%3da%26uid%3d0BA4FE6795A342624%26sid%3d14F4E9C736 A473234%26qid%3d2CE2FE211E2696468C9A0C9B3F036DE5%2 6io%3d1%26sv%3dz6f065bda%26o%3d0%26ask%3dcan%2btwo %2bwomen%2bhave%2ba%2bbaby%2bwithout%2ba%2bman%253 f%26uip%3d3efc200c%26en%3dte%26eo%3d-100%26pt%3dHow%2bto%2bmake%2bbabies%2bwithout%2ba% 2bman%2b%255bFree%2bRepublic%255d%26ac%3d22%26qs%3 d0%26pg%3d1%26ep%3d1%26te_par%3d102%26te_id%3d%26u %3dhttp%3a%2f%2fwww.freerepublic.com%2fforum%2fa3b 4a57c550cd.htm&bpg=http%3a%2f%2fweb.uk.ask.com%2fweb%3fq%3dcan%2b two%2bwomen%2bhave%2ba%2bbaby%2bwithout%2ba%2bman% 253f%26o%3d0%26page%3d1&q=can+two+women+have+a+baby+without+a+man%3f&s=a&bu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.freerepublic.com%2fforum%2fa3b 4a57c550cd.htm&qte=0&o=0&abs=...problems+to+overcome+in+combining+the+genes +of+two+women%2c+because+aspects+of+...+Why+in+God %27s+name+would+you+WANT+to+make+a+baby+without+a+ man+%3f...&***=How+to+make+babies+without+a+man+%5bFree+Repub lic%5d&bin=&cat=wp&purl=&Complete=1

Bef
11-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Ahh sorry for all the posts, computer froze :|

Eamonn
11-09-2005, 12:07 AM
who couldnt get on habboxforum for about 10mins?

Bef
11-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Pfft, my stupid computer, freezing up. Mod feel free to delete all my dbl posts lol <3 Sowwweee!
Back on subject, still looking for the new article.
Actually i think that the year 2001 in that link is wrong, i think its meant to say 2005...

Mentor
11-09-2005, 12:12 AM
yup my pc also coulnt access habbox for a short time, athogh ping worked odly enoghj anyway back on topic

Bef
11-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Mentor read read the article i linked to in my um many posts...
I wasnt thrown off the forum it just made me like quadropley post :o

Mentor
11-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Mentor read read the article i linked to in my um many posts...
I wasnt thrown off the forum it just made me like quadropley post :o
Ive just read it, its interesting, athogh still thertical, since the can fertalise an egg in the mouse, but how it would work is not yet certain, since the x and y cromzome for exsample would cause problems, since if it was useing purly femaiul to feamil cromzoms there could be problems duering cell devison, also useing this mentod as only the femail cromzomes would be avalible, they could only have daughters therticaly "/

Bef
11-09-2005, 12:24 AM
"It was proposed that a "male egg" would be created by removing the DNA from an egg donated from a woman and replacing it with that from sperm"
So they pretty much will copy the structure of a male chromosone but with the females bit... I think thats what it means.

Mentor
11-09-2005, 12:36 AM
"It was proposed that a "male egg" would be created by removing the DNA from an egg donated from a woman and replacing it with that from sperm"
So they pretty much will copy the structure of a male chromosone but with the females bit... I think thats what it means.
ok, i was lazy and didnt reald the whole artical, so ill just take a second lazy option and take your word on it :D

Eamonn
11-09-2005, 12:46 AM
ok, i was lazy and didnt reald the whole artical, so ill just take a second lazy option and take your word on it :D

Ditto xD

Bef
11-09-2005, 12:55 AM
LAZY!! :o I spent ages looking for that Grrrrness!

Drewar
11-09-2005, 01:13 AM
I'm not gay but gay's okay.

Aha, catchy sign that thing is ^.

Anywho, yeah, I dont know if it's allowed in Canada, but, I think that you should be allowed to do what you want, free country anyway eh?

Cheezy
11-09-2005, 07:40 AM
Not just that, I live in / near a really homophobic part of South Wales, and... It's hard enough for the 'gay scene' around here anyway, but some gay couple that were known to be married would be absolutely slaughtered.

kaut
11-09-2005, 07:48 AM
It should be allowed... they're not hurting anyone. They're not destroying the sancity of marriage which has basically been destroyed with numerous divorces.

Mit
11-09-2005, 08:04 AM

yet half the priests are gay... the church are stuck in the past and thats why i dont go to church

kaut
11-09-2005, 08:05 AM
I dont thing Gay Marriage should be allowed

and your reasons why?

Mit
11-09-2005, 08:10 AM
i think mixed race marriages being frowned on is a thing of the past. it happens all the time now, well im not sure in the us. i can guess in some states not many mix raace faamilies. i went to phildelphia and many just thought it was cool that i was mixed raced. u no how philli is the city of brotherly love, well i felt that there. but if u went to somewhere in the south u may get a completely different situation...

Pulchritudinous
11-09-2005, 12:10 PM
That makes little sence. what does marrge entail? love, wich is the main point, in todays scoitey, the first point would be with a starte marrage also? sometimes its the femail parters sir name sometimes the male? its a choise anyway?
that just depends on if its 2 men or to women? or if they like cross dressing maybe, but i dont see what ods that makes.

The only requirment for marrage is love by deffinition, love is blind anyhow so waht else is realy needed? i jsut dont follow. and even if u woulnt want to see a gay marrage, why should u deprive others from it when it doesnt actaly effect you at all to start "/.

I'm wrong and your right, I know that..

Although, just because I don't agree with same sex marriages, it doesn't mean I'm depriving others from them, I don't hold the decision to make them legal, and I wouldn't be bitter about it if they ended up being legal.
I just don't agree with it, end of.

Rachi
11-09-2005, 02:25 PM
That happnd in the bill a dude aws gay and he got married 2 anuva dude. It shud be allowed. if its you might aswel stop indian and ppl like that from comin in the country.
Same kinda thing

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!