PDA

View Full Version : Getting the perfect Abs 'six pack'

ashLOVESMatt!
10-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Alot of boys, especially at a young age dream about having a 'six pack' in experience, you cannot get one over night nor can you get one by sitting down and eating junk all day. I guess it's kinda like an exam you have to sit; in order for you to get a decent mark, you need to revise and work hard, well the same principles apply here.

It is very hard work to get your abdominal muscles to show. You need to set yourself goals and not break them, otherwise you won't achieve anything. Firstly, if you examin your stomach area you'll be able to see how much fat you have, now that fat is what's preventing your abs from showing; this is why your dietary needs are also important to get a 'six pack' However, some people don't have as much fat as others so simple 'working out' or doing regular activies that help the abs work are needed.

Burning stomach fat is a job, and you will not manage it by doing things like 'sit ups' or press ups, these are myths. All these do is tone the abdominal muscles or build muscle, such as the biceps. No matter how many press ups/sit ups you do a day, you will not notice any significant weight loss around the stomach. So, what do you do? Sports. Things such as running/swimming/tennis and walking at a fast pace will help you loose weight around the stomach and the results will show!

Diet: Eating chocolate and treats everyday will not help at all. Make sure to have 6 pints of water everyday and your portions of fruit and vegetables.

Once you have a slim stomach, you need to tone your ab muscles, here is where the good ol' sit ups and press ups come in. An amateur should aim for 10 sit ups and press ups a day and then increase them. After 2 weeks you will notice a difference, your muscles will generally be stronger and your stomach should feel hard and you may see some definition inbetween the different ab muscles.

Because there are 6 ab muscles 'Six pack' you need to work all of them, and you will not work all of them by doing sit ups/push ups alone, this is where doing sports on a regular basis helps especially running and swimming. However, if you prefer to work your abs at home, get onto Google and search crunches, you'll find out how to do different crunches, which are much like sit ups but they work your other ab muscles.

Anyone who says you need to work out everyday and do 200 sit ups a day is lying. I recommend sticking to a routine and writing out a weekly schedule and leaving a day for rest, because afterall your muscles need rest to grow. Try to work out atleast 3 times a week, and then increase it to 5 when you feel confident with the different crunches/exercises you can do.

After around a month you'll see your results really well, just don't give up on your routine though and start slacking by grabbing the nearest chocolate bar near you, geez!

That's all from me,
:)

Xela
11-09-2005, 07:48 AM
That is useful, I just do 20 sit ups a day, I didnt know alot of that, Im going to try and do a bit more running :)
Thanks
+Rep

!Muffins!
11-09-2005, 10:48 AM
:) Very good advice, gives people a clearer insight as to what exercises can benefit the abdominal area.

HellyBelly
11-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Lol, I been wanted to get a 6pack for ages, but I'm a bit chubby, and i cant loose weight :p

0verRide
11-09-2005, 10:52 AM
i think i have one but its doesnt show well and its still not hard enough to take a punch xP

Aliness
11-09-2005, 10:56 AM
To Be honest,
I Dont Like 'six-pack's'
Im a gurl and I have a 'four-pack'
and Whenever i go to the swimming pool
People all stare at me Im like :'(
And they all punch me in the stomach,
Coz Its so hard,
I feel so dumb,
If I was a guy,
It'd probably be kewl <;[

Jinxxed
11-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Great advice, I've been wanting to know that, hehe :p

zak-x
11-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Great tips =] +rep

Ok i got a 6 pic in 4 months dont belive me i dont care all i do is 50-100 sit ups a day and eath healthy thats all =]

Xela
11-09-2005, 05:25 PM
If you really do not want a abs, Just eat food, Dont do heathly stuff, Not too much just until you have a small amount of fat.

Im not in****ing the girls but, I dislike girls with 2/4/6 pack, Most boys like girls who have a small amount of fat, Not too much and not skinny.

Aliness
11-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Yeah,
Ok,
But I like to keep fit,
I go running all the time,
I dont do sit ups or nothing,
I do alot of sport,
I dont like junk food :S
I like paper but thats summat else,
Pfft. Awell..
I supose Im not that bad off,
Its better than having a beer belly ;l

Owen
14-09-2005, 06:40 PM
I have a 6 pack
I never had to do anysit ups or anything tho ;\

Metric.
14-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Id rather use the Bowflex.

Rou
15-09-2005, 03:49 PM
:P I Get It From My Hard Boxing Training :)

ashLOVESMatt!
15-09-2005, 04:17 PM
I have a 6 pack

It takes effort and hard work to get true definition between the ab muscles. I doubt very much you have one from doing nothing.

Wootzeh
15-09-2005, 05:37 PM
girls with six packs is sick for some reason lol

Kyle.tk
15-09-2005, 06:53 PM
I have a 6 pack

that could be due to skinneyness. Everyone has a six pack. Just the only way to properly see it is if you do sit up's etc... My brother is the exact same thing. He thinks he's got a six pack, when really hes just too skinny.

+ girls with '6 packs' arnt bad if it is like proper defined, know what i mean :S

OMGitsaROSS
15-09-2005, 06:56 PM
I do:
5miles a day - jogging
25 - sit ups
10 - press ups
and play football every Sunday/Wednesday and do training
and i have moulded mine neerly perfectly :)

VooDog
15-09-2005, 07:03 PM
Ive got one but i do boxing training really hard training every 2 days and i got my garage turned into a gym so im kinda fit:D

my advise is to join boxing and eat lots of apples........lol random but do

Kimmeh.
16-09-2005, 11:14 PM
I find men with six packs unattractive. Once they have it they become vain and it annoys me so much. I prefer a guy whos natural, not trying to be someone they're are not to 'get with a girl'. Sorry guys but I don't think it's natural

ashLOVESMatt!
16-09-2005, 11:44 PM
I find men with six packs unattractive. Once they have it they become vain and it annoys me so much. I prefer a guy whos natural, not trying to be someone they're are not to 'get with a girl'. Sorry guys but I don't think it's natural

Nothing wrong with keeping fit.

Bear-Max
17-09-2005, 06:10 PM
I did start doing 50 crunches a day a few weeks back, but I didn't a set time to do them and I kept missing out days, until my routine dwindled into nothing.

I'm going to start again quite soon, and hopefully the routine will keep going.

Is there a better time to do the sit-ups/press-ups/crunches? I used to do them either of a night or of a morning.

Loui
22-09-2005, 09:15 PM
6 pints? You're having a laugh right?

Ok I'll try that :S

GommeInc
22-09-2005, 10:34 PM
You can get a six pack simply by climbing stairs and going walk abouts every now and again.

confusedmind
22-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Im just too fat -.- not too fat but lazy I also want to loose waight anyone tell me how?

ashLOVESMatt!
22-09-2005, 11:17 PM
You can get a six pack simply by climbing stairs and going walk abouts every now and again.

Someone say dreamer please.

GommeInc
22-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Someone say dreamer please.
So you are saying you can't get them through exercise?

They're six packs, abdominal muscles, you build muscles up by using them frequently. For example, tennis, cricket, squash etc build up Arm Muscles, mainly at the top and can build up leg muscles. Basically contracting muscles makes them more stronger.

You can build up abdominal muscles through walking around a hell of alot, not just normal walking, around hills, up cliffs and so on. It just takes time. You could do the other way which is by one of those Ab Kings or something, they do it about as good.

ashLOVESMatt!
22-09-2005, 11:27 PM
You're right there.

From your last post I just got the impression you felt like all that was needed to achieve a 6 pack was walking up a flight of stairs, it's hard work.

GommeInc
22-09-2005, 11:31 PM
You could, but going up one floor does sweet nothing, just on your legs really.

Arcanum
23-09-2005, 01:30 AM
I do like to keep fit. I have an ab machine and that really helps, been using that for a year now. Dumbells are also a great way to build up the biceps. I don't really want the huge, buff body, but I do like definition. Pectorials are also a +. I may not have the toned, chiseled body, but I do have definition, and that gets me where I want to with the guys ;) Though I also do it to keep fit. Martial arts also helps. ;)

Bear-Max
23-09-2005, 04:46 PM
You can build up abdominal muscles through walking around a hell of alot, not just normal walking, around hills, up cliffs and so on. It just takes time. You could do the other way which is by one of those Ab Kings or something, they do it about as good.

I wish I could walk up cliffs :(

And I've started my routine again :D 50 crunches and 20 press-ups every day.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!