PDA

View Full Version : Don't worry if you're unsure of your sexuality.

Ostinato
10-09-2005, 10:44 PM
Hey there!

I thought I would just take the time to perhaps clear a few things up for anyone who is worried about anything. :)

Now, during puberty and you're teen years, alot of people will become 'confused' and perhaps 'curious'. If you don't know what this means, it's basically when you start to question you're sexuality and wonder whether or not you are perhaps gay, or bisexual.

If you slot into this category, when at times you have thoughts about members of the same ***, whilst you still have them about the opposite, then it's completely natural at this stage in life, and nothing to worry about.

As you progress through puberty and you're life, you will grow up with your mind more clear and will be able to see things in a different perspective.

What I mean by this, is when you are still young and in you're early teens, alot of people who are confused or curious, often think they are gay/lesbean and label themselves as this, then when they get older their minds mature and develop more, and they then question themselves again, and realise it was just a phase they were going through and that they are, in fact, still straight.

So basically, to sum this all up, it's nothing to be worried about if you perhaps get confused or curious within your sexually during your teenage tears. Just enjoy yourself, and don't label yourself as anything at too early a stage, as I have known many people who have grown up to regret it, after announcing to the school they were gay, when in a few years later they then feel they are straight.

You're teenage years will be a confusing time, so just enjoy them and have as good a time as you can.

Abundance.

ross
10-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Hey there!

I thought I would just take the time to perhaps clear a few things up for anyone who is worried about anything. :)

Now, during puberty and you're teen years, alot of people will become 'confused' and perhaps 'curious'. If you don't know what this means, it's basically when you start to question you're sexuality and wonder whether or not you are perhaps gay, or bisexual.

If you slot into this category, when at times you have thoughts about members of the same ***, whilst you still have them about the opposite, then it's completely natural at this stage in life, and nothing to worry about.

As you progress through puberty and you're life, you will grow up with your mind more clear and will be able to see things in a different perspective.

What I mean by this, is when you are still young and in you're early teens, alot of people who are confused or curious, often think they are gay/lesbean and label themselves as this, then when they get older their minds mature and develop more, and they then question themselves again, and realise it was just a phase they were going through and that they are, in fact, still straight.

So basically, to sum this all up, it's nothing to be worried about if you perhaps get confused or curious within your sexually during your teenage tears. Just enjoy yourself, and don't label yourself as anything at too early a stage, as I have known many people who have grown up to regret it, after announcing to the school they were gay, when in a few years later they then feel they are straight.

You're teenage years will be a confusing time, so just enjoy them and have as good a time as you can.

Abundance.

That's too true.
*happy tear* :p

Ostinato
10-09-2005, 10:54 PM
That's too true.
*happy tear* :p

Lol aw thanks, just wana try and help alot of people out...

ross
10-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Lol aw thanks, just wana try and help alot of people out...
Me too, I hope I am.

Roboevil
10-09-2005, 10:59 PM
The way you talk about labelling yourself sounds like you're talking about a site I remember reading, some puberty thing about boys, if you did get it from there, I don't care if you did or didn't, PLEASE give me the link and I'll rep, I really want the name to that site, thanks!

Col
10-09-2005, 11:00 PM
So much fabulous supportive people :)

Ostinato
10-09-2005, 11:03 PM
The way you talk about labelling yourself sounds like you're talking about a site I remember reading, some puberty thing about boys, if you did get it from there, I don't care if you did or didn't, PLEASE give me the link and I'll rep, I really want the name to that site, thanks!

Lol ooh, no no I wrote that up all myself about 10 minutes ago!

It's 100% original by me, but over the past few years I have learned what I know from different sites giving similair information, and just through experience I guess.

Rebecca
10-09-2005, 11:09 PM
um.. im str8 last tym i checked.. no effense but i dnt see how you could like some one of the same gender cus well... they wouldnt have the same features of the opposite gender? unless.. . nvm

Roboevil
10-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Lol ooh, no no I wrote that up all myself about 10 minutes ago!

It's 100% original by me, but over the past few years I have learned what I know from different sites giving similair information, and just through experience I guess.
Oh... Damn, I was hoping you knew the site.

ItsDave
10-09-2005, 11:27 PM
um.. im str8 last tym i checked.. no effense but i dnt see how you could like some one of the same gender cus well... they wouldnt have the same features of the opposite gender? unless.. . nvm
ok, you dont like gay people, but its easy to understand y people r gay sometimes. so u say "they wouldnt have the same features of the opposite gender?"but wat does that mean for gay people, they could see that from a diffrent point of view, like, ew thats grose havein a man's bits and a woman's bits together, when they think its wrong, u think mans & mans bits or womans & womans bits together is wrong, so you just have to understand the other persons point of view, and i am straight, although im 12, lookin forward to the teens :D i wunder wat itll hold

Ostinato
10-09-2005, 11:41 PM
ok, you dont like gay people, but its easy to understand y people r gay sometimes. so u say "they wouldnt have the same features of the opposite gender?"but wat does that mean for gay people, they could see that from a diffrent point of view, like, ew thats grose havein a man's bits and a woman's bits together, when they think its wrong, u think mans & mans bits or womans & womans bits together is wrong, so you just have to understand the other persons point of view, and i am straight, although im 12, lookin forward to the teens :D i wunder wat itll hold

Lol, it's a very emotional, and trying time...

Everyone is different, and at the end of the day we do all have our opinions on things, and each other. I just feel there is a time and place to express them.

You are what you are, and you can't change that no matter how much someone makes fun of you or mocks you. Be proud of what you all are and don't be made to feel ashamed.

Ostinato
13-09-2005, 11:32 PM
- I apologise for 'bumping' this, but lately I have seen alot of people who are unsure wether or not they are gay/bi and I feel this thread could benefit some of them!-

Edit by Urges - Please do not double post, simply edit your last one. Thanks

Kyle441
14-09-2005, 01:25 AM
Maybe this is under the wrong catagory?

andrew
14-09-2005, 02:07 AM
Unless you're a full grown adult then I don't really feel you have the 'right' to post this.

ashLOVESMatt!
14-09-2005, 06:55 AM
Yes he does...

Ostinato
14-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Unless you're a full grown adult then I don't really feel you have the 'right' to post this.

I don't have the 'right'?

I dont have the right to advise people on their problems, and help them through a hard time which I at one point wen't through?

Personally, I don't think you have a right telling me I cannot post this as I have not broke any forum rules, so you actually don't have any valid point.

Jordan3
14-09-2005, 03:22 PM

Being gay comes naturally to most people.

Ostinato
14-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Being gay comes naturally to most people.

Not necessarily... Most gay people I know, at one point in their life, mainly their preteen years presumed they were straight, now they are positive they are gay...

I guess it just depends on the way you're life developes...

Calum
02-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Good topic should go first page <3

Karl
02-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Good topic should go first page <3

Uh... Nuh.

Stab
04-03-2006, 09:03 PM
are we born bi because when don't know about `feelings`
are we born gay because we come from the same `gender/genetic crap/species` saying that men and women are totally different creatures
are we born straight because that is the way `most` people are in percentages.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!