PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Matt on the co-ownership and Chris on GM!

Shar
08-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Congratulations xxMATTGxx and Wispur on your new roles!

:odey:
08-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Congrats both of you. :)

lemons
08-10-2014, 04:51 PM
wahtfrh fhteh ****!

James
08-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Well done both of you.

David
08-10-2014, 04:56 PM
interesting
gl looks like habbox aint closing soon

did matt buy-in or just get offered and now pays for some things

IzzyUhh
Congratulations AND CELEBRATIONS X

The Don
Wow, congrats guys!

Alkaz
08-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Congratulations to the both of you. Chris is going to be a fabulous General Manager and I can only imagine things getting better now with Matt as co-owner.

Brad
08-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Congrats both of you!

Inseriousity.
08-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Well this is a surprise! I always assumed that once matt went, habbox would close! I suppose he hasn't technically gone though, well done Chris :)

OldLoveSong
08-10-2014, 05:11 PM
oh wow welldone and congrats to both of you !!!

lawrawrrr
08-10-2014, 05:15 PM
For a very long time I honestly thought noone could ever replace Matt and the moment he chose to resign, we'd be closing the doors on Habbox. For such a long time, Matt's been there as GM, the big figurehead, and last time he tried to leave he got called back shortly after!

You've done such a lot of work for Habbox over the years, and while I've not always been positive about some things I honestly believe you are the force which has kept us going for so long. I've kinda known this day was coming for a while - when Matt told us he was leaving I wasn't surprised in the slightest - because I truly think this is one of the strongest AGM teams Habbox has had in a long time.

I'm really glad that you're still sticking around in a general admin-y role as there's probably not much way we could survive without you here. You're basically a piece of furniture around here and if you do go offline or AWOL for any extended period of time I will actually come to your house and force you to log on. I know where you live. Literally.

Chris though, well done!!! Obvious choice for the job really, and I think you'll do really well, with the support of Matt from above and me and Sho (well, unless we mutiny against you, which I can't really see happening!). Since you got Staff AGM you've done a lot with the role - not that you had much to live up to :whistle: - more than anyone really imagined the Staff AGM could do! I do envy whoever's taking over from you for having to fill your boots.

Same with you to Matt though really! They are jolly big boots to fill as he's been around so long but I hope that you take it in your stride and do good things with it.

Love you both xxxxxxx

zebbadi
08-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Well deserved for both!

Kyle
08-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Cya matt

~~from phone

Congrats chris

~~from phone

Rip habbox

~~from phone

Edited by Drewar (Forum Moderator) ~ Please do not double/triple post within the allotted 15 minute editing grace period. Thanks :)

Shockwave.2CC
08-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Congratzz both of you

Barkseh
08-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Congratulation :) Best of luck.

Sian
08-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Well, you basically were co-owner anyway, so congrats on actually becoming it!

And Chris, I want to see what you can do!

Nick
08-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Congrats to you both :) I hope you don't start dying of Matt because you are a really nice dude and I am looking forward to see what happens in the future with Habbox Chris :)

Draqom
08-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Well done to you both! Seriously desereved

Kellie
08-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Congratulations to you both :) hehe x

Rachel
08-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Congrats to you both :)

Yupt
08-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Congratulations to you both! I'm looking forward to working with this new structure and hopefully the shake up can bring something exciting and positive to the site.

Martin
08-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Well done Matt!! When I first saw the announcement I assumed you had resigned and a shiver went down my spine! I was about to burst into tears then saw you had simply climbed the Habbox social ladder and we will now have an owner who will be very much involved and around publically and interactive with the community! :D

Well done to Chris, you've proved to be a fab AGM, introducing lots of new exciting initiatives and maintaining the order really well, and i'm sure you will continue to lead Habbox in an upwards direction! (even if it does make you even more of an addict pfft ;)) You are now the Habbox nerd and I am now the social drunken student, omg how times change!

Grats' guys!

Calvin
08-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Whoa. Congratulations :)

Stadiums
08-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Well done and good luck! :)

Succubus
08-10-2014, 07:36 PM
congrats guys and best of luck!

Sho
08-10-2014, 08:03 PM
I had a feeling that Matt was going to resign for while so I'm not that surprised. Glad you're sticking around and not completely leaving though!

Congrats Chris, really well deserved and I know you'll be great :D.

xxMATTGxx
08-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Thanks everyone - Yeah I won't be completely disappearing from Habbox and being offline for a long period of times that's for sure.

e5
08-10-2014, 08:49 PM
because I truly think this is one of the strongest AGM teams Habbox has had in a long time.
Big headed ;)

welldone boys on everything, looking forward to the future :)

Samantha
08-10-2014, 09:12 PM
Well done to you both, I knew you wanted to resign for ages Matt and we had no doubt you'd become a co-owner as opposed to leaving altogether. You're a piece of the furniture!

Chris Wispur; you've improved so much over the years, but I guess we won't know what you actually have to offer until we see it happen! It's a deserved promotion well done. I guess talking dirty to xxMATTGxx; helped ;).

However, the only problem I now see is we have a General Manager who uses Habbo less than the previous one, so hopefully we will see you around a lot more on it :D.

Red
08-10-2014, 09:16 PM
This is upsetting! Can't imagine habbox without you matt! :( Really did think that when you left that would be the nail in the coffin.
Best of luck in your new role chris!

p.s who do i do to now to get my b2s creds lmao

xxMATTGxx
08-10-2014, 09:23 PM
This is upsetting! Can't imagine habbox without you matt! :( Really did think that when you left that would be the nail in the coffin.

Technically I'm still here - Don't worry!

Chris
08-10-2014, 09:56 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words. :) I will rep ya'll tomorrow!

Congratulations to you, Matt. I'm so glad you're staying with us as it wouldn't be the same without you. :love:

Sho
08-10-2014, 10:04 PM

It's me that's giving away the credits not Matt, I was wondering why you hadn't collected yet!

minimew312
08-10-2014, 10:12 PM
Congrats to you both! :)

Aaron
08-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Congratulations to you both on the promotions! :)

Glad to see you've decided to stick around Matt, a true asset to Habbox. :)

Best of luck Chris in the new role. :)

Mikey
08-10-2014, 10:56 PM
Congratulations both of you, well deserved. :D

Mark
09-10-2014, 12:34 AM
Wow, congrats Matt and good luck Chris!

-:Undertaker:-
09-10-2014, 01:03 AM
Well done to Matt and Chris. :)

Matt
09-10-2014, 02:08 AM
Welldone to both of you! You'll have so much spare time now Matt!

dangAgentsanta
09-10-2014, 03:10 AM
Congrats Kiddos. Good Luck.

Drewar
09-10-2014, 06:36 AM
Congratulations! Both of you are very hard workers :)

wixard
09-10-2014, 06:48 AM
this made me really sad I feel as if my favourite year head has resigned

Paige.
09-10-2014, 11:54 AM
congratulations both of you!
good luck chris, i know you'll be fab :D

!x!dude!x!2
09-10-2014, 07:24 PM
well congrats

MissAlice
09-10-2014, 09:27 PM
This is great news!

Good luck to both of you. Not that I think you will need it :)

Well done guys :clap:

RyRy
10-10-2014, 04:32 AM
I'm interested to know how exactly the co-ownership was brought about. Did Matt want to leave Habbox and Jin couldn't see a Habbox without him, therefore offering him a position as a co-owner in name, or was this a financial transaction where Matt invested money into Habbox but didn't have the time to be General Manager anymore?

Either way, it's good for Habbox and I hope Matt sticks around for the long haul & the same goes for Chris, who I assume is "Chris" the previous Forum Manager? (I don't keep up with name changes) I hope also that Chris gets the room he needs to perform his role without Matt interfering, and I mean that with the utmost respect for Matt, it'd be hard to tear yourself away from a role you've held for so long, passing the reins onto somebody else no matter how much you know them, I'd see that as no easy feat... so no disrespect towards Matt, hopefully he doesn't see it that way.

People always call Habbox as shutting down this year or the next year just because Jin & Sierk are hardly ever around but the site runs pretty well as it is with the amount of volunteers that put countless hours into content, maintenance & the community. This community will outlive Habbo by a country mile, Habbox pretty much sculpted parts of my life and the person I am, in fact it's impacted my life directly through the many people I've met through here (more than I'd dare to say, the number keeps escalating), and seeing it die would be like losing hundreds of close friends all at once.

But back to the point of the thread, well done Matt, well done Chris and I hope for a bright future of Habbox.

(besides where would i be able to e-date if not for habbox lol jesus christ 5:30AM kill me)

Phil
10-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Are you srs?!?! I lost internet for like two days and I come back on to find this?! This is the last thing I expected to see lol but massive congratulations to you both!

Matt, you've done so much for Habbox over the past few years and I never thought there would be a time I would see you out of the General Manager role. You've already said you won't but please stick around and don't become a stranger like the rest. I don't think anyone here could imagine the place without you :P

Chris, you've done so much since coming into the role and even though....let's just say they weren't very big shoes to fill you've taken the role and done so much more with it than other AGM (Staff) since I've been at Habbox. I really can't wait to see what you do with it.

Congratulations guys :)

Expling
10-10-2014, 10:02 AM
Congratulations to you both! Best of luck in your new roles. :)

Drew
10-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Been very busy, but congratulations to the both of you x

Mr-Trainor
10-10-2014, 03:03 PM
Congratulations to you both :D! Good luck Chris in your new role as General Manager, I'm sure you'll be great :).

Zak
16-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Awesome news

dangAgentsanta
16-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Congrats dudes. Well Desrved. Good Luck.

Bloop
17-10-2014, 12:13 AM
Well done both! :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!