PDA

View Full Version : Crackpot US school abolishes 'boys and girls'

-:Undertaker:-
10-10-2014, 06:09 PM
http://rare.us/story/school-district-opts-to-call-children-purple-penguins-instead-of-boys-and-girls-over-gender-identity-issues/

A Nebraska school district has reportedly told teachers that instead of referring to male and female students with gender-specific terms such as "boys" and "girls," they should instead try something less offensive, such as "purple penguins."

Teachers in the Lincoln, Nebraska public school district will begin phasing out phrases like “boys and girls” and “ladies and gentlemen” when addressing their classes. Instead they’ve been instructed to call their students “purple penguins” so as not to confuse someone who is suffering from gender identity disorder.

A hand out for teachers, created by a group called Gender Spectrum, also suggests teachers divide the class between who likes “juice or skateboards” for activities.

When telling stories, Gender Spectrum suggests avoiding any anecdotes that may be too male or too female.

“Share examples when you were not gender inclusive in your thinking, words or behaviors, what you learned as a result and what you will do differently next time,” the pamphlet instructs teachers.

One mother has already complained, telling the school that they are contributing to “the deconstruction of fundamental family and religious values.”

Family or religious values aside, last we checked, there weren’t any purple penguins going to elementary schools in Lincoln, Nebraska—just human beings.

Heard similar stories like this before.

I needn't comment any further on this and won't argue with the inevitable nutty post from a social justice leftie because there reaches a point where your opponents become so insane and detatched from reality that reasoning with them becomes impossible.

Boys and girls exist, get over it with - to borrow that right on phrase.

Thoughts?

The Don
10-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Lmao this story can't be real, surely? Madness

MKR&*42
10-10-2014, 06:24 PM
If this is true... wh..what. Lmao this is gender politics gone mad.

sexpot
10-10-2014, 06:39 PM
This is why I hate living in the United States...

AgnesIO
10-10-2014, 07:10 PM
I cannot believe this is genuine...

the purple penguins thing seems too mad to be true

Alkaz
10-10-2014, 07:46 PM
But what about the red penguins?.. and the yellow penguins? This is just ridiculous, PC gone mad.
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121119151348/clubpenguin/images/thumb/4/4b/Red_Penguin_Create.png/154px-Red_Penguin_Create.pnghttp://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121119150127/clubpenguin/images/thumb/e/e6/Yellow_Penguin_Create.png/154px-Yellow_Penguin_Create.png

minimew312
10-10-2014, 08:13 PM
If they have enough time to think about these things they're extremely lucky...

Matt
11-10-2014, 12:36 AM
That's a new one. I wonder why they chose purple??

Mikey
11-10-2014, 03:44 AM
But what about the red penguins?.. and the yellow penguins? This is just ridiculous, PC gone mad.
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121119151348/clubpenguin/images/thumb/4/4b/Red_Penguin_Create.png/154px-Red_Penguin_Create.pnghttp://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121119150127/clubpenguin/images/thumb/e/e6/Yellow_Penguin_Create.png/154px-Yellow_Penguin_Create.png

Poor Red and Yellow Penguins! :(

This is going too far, boys are boys and girls are girls, don't be so stupid and who on earth came up with calling pupils purple penguins?

AgnesIO
11-10-2014, 01:04 PM
That's a new one. I wonder why they chose purple??

alliteration innit

Matt
11-10-2014, 01:09 PM
alliteration innit

You could totally argue that purple is discriminatory as it is a stereotypical girls colour and that they should have used something more neutral.

But in all seriousness, I think it's such a stupid idea and see no point in it whatsoever.

AgnesIO
11-10-2014, 01:10 PM
You could totally argue that purple is discriminatory as it is a stereotypical girls colour and that they should have used something more neutral.

But in all seriousness, I think it's such a stupid idea and see no point in it whatsoever.

I just refuse to believe it is true.

God
11-10-2014, 01:29 PM
I believe this is an interesting way to support the gender queer or w.e community. I do think the whole purple penguin is really silly. Something more like "kids" "Pupils" "Kiddies" ect. Or even one of my favourite youtubers way of saying it. "Girl(friend)s and Boy(friend)s and everyone else in between"

In our world you cannot go by the Binary sterotypes about gender and sexuality. Some people are boys, girls, or something in between (idk the terms or w.e). People are not just Str8 or Gay, their all these different terms. You just have to accept that this is how people are and not to exclude them from us, but to embrace them.

We are all one species, with one goal. To live on earth happily.

-:Undertaker:-
11-10-2014, 01:44 PM
I just refuse to believe it is true.

Been a few cases like this, here's another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exk4IPiSiRw

I believe this is an interesting way to support the gender queer or w.e community. I do think the whole purple penguin is really silly. Something more like "kids" "Pupils" "Kiddies" ect. Or even one of my favourite youtubers way of saying it. "Girl(friend)s and Boy(friend)s and everyone else in between"

Why are schools being included in social and political propaganda?

In our world you cannot go by the Binary sterotypes about gender and sexuality. Some people are boys, girls, or something in between (idk the terms or w.e). People are not just Str8 or Gay, their all these different terms. You just have to accept that this is how people are and not to exclude them from us, but to embrace them.

Sorry but you can go by 'binary' definitions of gender and sexuality because that is how the world really is. When you and I are rotted away in the ground, all that will be left in the ground is either a male or a female skeleton and no amount of chopping bits off or wearing women's clothes can change that. As sad as I feel for people with disorders and the respect i'll treat them with, it's all make-believe.

We are all one species, with one goal. To live on earth happily.

And motherhood and apple pie. All sounds lovely but that isn't how the world works or should work.

God
11-10-2014, 08:58 PM

Sorry but you can go by 'binary' definitions of gender and sexuality because that is how the world really is. When you and I are rotted away in the ground, all that will be left in the ground is either a male or a female skeleton and no amount of chopping bits off or wearing women's clothes can change that. As sad as I feel for people with disorders and the respect i'll treat them with, it's all make-believe.

And motherhood and apple pie. All sounds lovely but that isn't how the world works or should work.

I dont understand how treating people with respect and accepting them for who they are is social/political propaganda.

Sadly you don't understand what Gender is. What you are describing is Sex, which yes their is Male and Female. Gender is the role in which people take on. Female, Male, or one of the many others. The body will always be a male or female build, so when do look at the bone structure you will be able to tell. On a tombstone, the two dates are important, but its the little dash in between which is everything in between. They way someone lives their life is important, and if they are trapped in the wrong body, what kind of life is that? Being trans or gender queer/ect is no disorder and it's not make-believe. This isn't a story book in primary school.

There is no set plan how the world works/should work. These are just people who wish to live their lives happy and to the fullest. It's life, the way they are does not affect anyone, so live and let live.

Sian
13-10-2014, 06:45 AM
What the hell, They're not ******* penguins! Surely they can't be serious about this.

GommeInc
13-10-2014, 07:59 PM
Isn't "kids" an acceptable name for children in America or do people suffer from age-identity disorder too? Calling them purple penguins will give them an animal complex.

Kardan
13-10-2014, 08:25 PM

As much as I agree with you on this story as a whole, you cannot have a binary system of sexuality.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!