View Full Version : Weird Emails

peteyt
13-10-2014, 06:46 PM
The other week I found an email in my hotmail accounts spam folder - it had a friend of mines name as the sender and just a link but the email address was someone elses and wasn't sent by my friend.

I received another email today although in my main inbox this time with his name but a different email address and a link, both different to last time however. The email address was [email protected] and I've not included the link to avoid anyone accidentally clicking it.

The weird thing is if this was a hacker, scammer, you'd think they'd at least spoof the email. It's easy to do, there's even sites that do the work for you.

My question is what does this point to - has someone's address book been stolen, or would someone simply have seen the two names together and be trying to use it?

Thanks

Inseriousity.
13-10-2014, 07:56 PM
It's really common. Not sure how it works exactly but I have had a lot of these emails. I always assumed it was like an STD. Someone was stupid enough to click the link and its wired in a way to send emails to people in their address book to try catch them out.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!