PDA

View Full Version : [Building] Cemetary

Edmond
27-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Morning everyone!

I thought I'd share the room I made for the cemetary competition. Admittedly it's not the way I wanted it because I couldn't get the furniture in time and had to compromise a little on the design. It's how I visioned it for the most part though!

http://i.imgur.com/vlNP5VS.jpg

:)

Hannah
27-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Oh I really like this - I'd have imagined it to look a little 'darker' in time for Halloween but it still looks great.

Empired
27-10-2014, 12:49 PM
Hmm.. I actually like it quite a lot! It's not particularly Halloween-y but, thinking about it, our local graveyard doesn't look scary at all so it doesn't need to look spooky :D

One thing I really don't like is all those palm trees. Did you want to use those or was it one of the things you had to compromise on? I don't think palm trees fit in in a room with short grass; they're more of a beach thing. And I really don't think they fit in in a cemetary.
Only other things are the petals. They don't really go with the rest of the theme, nor do they fit in with the idea of death.

Hawaii5.O
27-10-2014, 01:54 PM
When I go to the cemetery, I drive past the Muslim section and I see a lot of palm trees all around the graveyard and in between the graves. That's what this room reminds me of, except the white graves look like the above ground graves most Catholics use. A cemetery doesn't really have a strict layout, as different religions and cultures have various different burial traditions and layouts. I think the different styles in this room actually resemble a miniature multi-cultural grave yard.

Drewar
27-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Nice job! It's much better than anything I could have created.

Best of luck in the competition :)

Edmond
27-10-2014, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the replies guys!

I know it doesn't seem especially 'dark' in regards to being a cemetary, but that's because it's in the style of a dia de los muertos cemetary. Celebrating day of the dead. In all the source images I found in google, it's mainly in mexico and there's actually a lot of palm tree's. And it's a celebration so it's light and happy - bizarrely.

My vision for it was much more exciting bit gutted I didn't get it the way I wanted. I'll make sure to post an update once I've done it properly though :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!