PDA

View Full Version : Would you want to find your biological parents?

scottish
08-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Given the other thread (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=816192) about adoption I'm curious to see what peoples replies are regarding this.

If you were told tomorrow you are adopted, would you attempt to find your biological parents? would you question your adopted parents on various different subjects? would you try to find what character traits/features you have of your biological parents?

I suppose you could use a similar situation, but instead of being adopted if one of your parents weren't around in your life (i.e. split up before you were born, and were never in your life, or left at a very young age, etc)

As I said in the other thread I personally wouldn't attempt to find or ask any questions about my biological parents if I were told I was adopted.

What about you?

buttons
08-11-2014, 12:54 PM
yeah i probably would for curiosity sake, even if they didn't give their details for their child(ren) to find them i'd still have to find out what they were like even if it'd ruin my life. i'd have a compulsion to.

Empired
08-11-2014, 12:58 PM
I've voted no in the poll as if I could go back and change time then no I would choose not to meet them, however this is only in hindsight and if you'd have asked me 5 years ago I would have said yes.

Chris
08-11-2014, 01:02 PM
I don't know really. I guess I would want to know them, but at the same time they wouldn't really mean anything to me as I wouldn't have been brought up by them. It's something I would have to have a long think about if it happened.

scottish
08-11-2014, 01:06 PM
I've voted no in the poll as if I could go back and change time then no I would choose not to meet them, however this is only in hindsight and if you'd have asked me 5 years ago I would have said yes.

Also something while I remember, Ripieno; can answer too when she sees this thread

Did you only search for your biological mother? I seen both of you said you found your biological mother, but no mention of your biological father?

Did you have no interest in meeting him, or did it just not work out that you could meet him and only mother?

MKR&*42
08-11-2014, 01:07 PM
My parents split when i was about three. I only know of my dads name and motuch else. People have asked me quite a lot of times whether i want to find my dad and i always say im not fussed about it.

Part of me wants to know but then the othee part of me thinks... well you never stuck around during my choldhood so why should i give you another chamce to meet mee. Idk it is a difficult thing to imagine and i guess ive never reached a conclusion on it.

Though saying that , i can guarantee it sucks growing up without any male rolemodel in yor life (and with an abusive stepfather lol) and sometimes i do wish i woyld find that father figure.

Empired
08-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Also something while I remember, @Ripieno (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=121601); can answer too when she sees this thread

Did you only search for your biological mother? I seen both of you said you found your biological mother, but no mention of your biological father?

Did you have no interest in meeting him, or did it just not work out that you could meet him and only mother?
She sent me birthday cards every single year so it wasn't hard to 'find' her as such. Biological father.. she has no idea who he is so there's no way of me finding out. Wouldn't want to know now anyway, even if he was interested in knowing me.

scottish
08-11-2014, 01:10 PM
She sent me birthday cards every single year so it wasn't hard to 'find' her as such. Biological father.. she has no idea who he is so there's no way of me finding out. Wouldn't want to know now anyway, even if he was interested in knowing me.

Ah fair enough, before you 'met' your biological mother, did you ever wonder about your biological father? then just get put off the idea after meeting her? or did you always want to meet your mother (as she kept in contact somewhat) and no interest in father?

Empired
08-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Ah fair enough, before you 'met' your biological mother, did you ever wonder about your biological father? then just get put off the idea after meeting her? or did you always want to meet your mother (as she kept in contact somewhat) and no interest in father?
No, i had a really nice social worker who explained to me right from the start that there would be no way of finding out about my biological father. I've always assumed I was an accidental pregnancy and/or the result of some kind of one night stand.

Kimmy
08-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Also something while I remember, Ripieno; can answer too when she sees this thread

He's not around.

James
08-11-2014, 06:41 PM
I'd want to meet them, but I probably wouldn't see them as my parents, so I wouldn't want to move in with them unless my foster parents are dreadful.

But yeah, I'd definitely want to know who they are and meet them.

Red
08-11-2014, 06:48 PM
Yea I would deffo want information on them, what they looked like etc, see if I have any other brother/sisters. My friend is adopted and although she never met her biological mother, she met up with her little sister who was also given up for adoption. I would be in two minds really just depends on the circumstances!

Plebings
08-11-2014, 07:21 PM
can't put myself in that position but i don't think i'd seek them out, i would be up for meeting them depending on what i heard about them and if they were the ones wanting to see me. i wouldn't want to find my bio parents when they didn't want to find me.

Evanora
08-11-2014, 07:28 PM
its intesresing for me to think about this things beacuse of many reasons such as this and so on

hmm

i wud have to say yes

dbgtz
09-11-2014, 12:05 AM
Strictly talking if I was told tomorrow, I wouldn't really care. They would basically be a stranger to me and like any other random stranger, I have no random desire to get to know them.

Chloe7355
12-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Yeah I would

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!