PDA

View Full Version : I get so angry lately?

MKR&*42
10-11-2014, 09:51 PM
By lately, I mean it's developed over the past few months :P

I used to be stressed a lot and get slightly annoyed but never anything major, but the past few months I have been getting so, SO much angrier with absolutely everything. I don't even make an attempt to deal with a lot of people lately and no longer care if i come across rude or abhorrent most of the time as i really just dont give that much a **** anymore. The amount i swear irl is so so excessive now i practically curse every sentence.

i havent gotten to the point of making personal comments about peoples idk appearance, weight, sexuality etc (well no actually i made a few today towards someone online and im completely stunned i said those things x.x). because i know that's still wrong, but there are things that just really make me explode and they can be really simple things such as someone borrowing my pen without asking... ye.

are there any like techniques that any of you have found especially useful for controlling anger? countin to 10 and breathing slowly used to work for me but no more, im just so worried im going to get to a point where i lash out at someone irl or get violent which i dont want to do :(

i did have an appointment with a psych GP-type person last week but i was an absolute idiot and forgot about it, so i have another month wait unfortunately. and i need to know of some good ways to cope with anger for at least a month really

scottish
10-11-2014, 09:54 PM
what's causing you to get angry in the first place?

Is it something in your life? Something the people are doing? Something going on in your head or what?

MKR&*42
10-11-2014, 10:04 PM
what's causing you to get angry in the first place?

Is it something in your life? Something the people are doing? Something going on in your head or what?

probably work but even if i got a different job i think just the prospect of working annoys me that much, its quite bad :P cant stand the people at my current workplace though but tbh ive had earphones in all day so they cant have been what annoyed me today sigh

scottish
10-11-2014, 10:07 PM
So it's just the fact that you have to work that annoys you?

or is it specifically what you're doing, maybe you just stand the field of work you're in? I assume it's a shop kinda job?

Did you have anger issues before you worked?

Empired
10-11-2014, 10:32 PM
I know you're gonna hate me for saying but: exercise and eat healthy lol. You are what you eat and exercise is almost undoubtedly the best way to increase how happy you are with yourself and your life, which obviously would also affect anger. Exercise releases endorphins and the more exercise you do, the longer you stay happy. Similarly eating crap can make you very moody indeed, which is why there's such a push at the moment for food in schools to be healthier. If you're stuffing yourself with crap all day it going to start affecting your mood. Tbh I'm guilty of both of those so yh.

Perhaps go to your local library or bookshop and find some self help books. There are self help books on everything so I assume they'd have something on either how to calm down or how to improve your quality of life (and, in essence, not be angry).

Personally I find refusing to make any big decisions immediately always helps me. If I'm angry but have to make a decision (e.g if a friend has hurt me and I want to find out why) I will make myself sleep on it and see if I feel the same way the following day. Probably wouldn't help with ur situation but yh.

MKR&*42
10-11-2014, 10:33 PM
The fact I have to work slightly bugs me but thats really a fact of life everyone has to deal with :P

It could probably be what im doing - i just do remedial admin work for a bank/building society and although its boring i dont actually mind doing the work i guess its just the environment im in really gets me stressed to the max and the fact i have no future with this type of work as i dont want to be stuck in a ******* office job into my 30s 40s etc. I do plan on going back to college next year but thats another 10 months away... sigh

ive had emotional problems for a very long time, but never anger issues before working.

Lewis
10-11-2014, 11:49 PM
listening to music helps, just block everything

although you probably can't do it at work or whatever

Inseriousity.
11-11-2014, 12:22 AM
It's more about the attitude behind the anger that needs to be changed. Everytime you feel yourself getting angry, think to yourself 'why am I getting angry? is my life actually severely affected in any way by this?' I think once you're more relaxed with people's flaws and irritating habits then you become more laidback as a person as a result. Also, everytime someone does something you're irritated by and feel angry about, try to think of 3 things you like about the person and why you'd feel bad for getting angry at them. Even the most loathsome person in the world would have good qualities.

More short-term solutions are going for walks to clear your head. maybe tapping your desk or something might help, take the focus away from your anger and onto something else.

-:Undertaker:-
11-11-2014, 05:01 AM
I'm a lot more angry too recently as well. Maybe it's the weather.

Focus on something you despise and channel your anger on that, it feels satisfying.

Jurv
11-11-2014, 12:07 PM
i think you're just naturally angry all the time and get yourself worked up over nothing, chill out pal

Bloop
11-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Omg sounds a lot like me
ARE WE TWINS I'm rlly vulgar and I curse in like every sentence I make oops. I also get angry easily haha.
Eatiing seems to help me LOL. Food 5eva. Drinking cold drinks even cold water helps me calm down a little for some reason. Also go listen to some super power songs like chandelier to make you high :/

Kyle
11-11-2014, 02:35 PM
don't want to jump in with a term that is bandied around so much that it has lost almost all meaning but this is in my opinion a manifestation of depression and your doctors will likely suggest cbt or anti depressants. try to alter your mindset yourself before you fall back on these.

seems more like apathy than anger. even if it is sometimes difficult, try to care at least a little bit about stuff. quite sure i have said this to you before in a thread similar to this, you need to have ongoing life goals to strive towards, you need to give yourself a reason to want to be a pleasant person. as has already been suggested, eating healthily and exercising are sure fire ways to increase happiness levels.

you have money, you have time, put it to good use instead of volunteering at nineteen different habbox jobs. how much time are you spending on habbo and habbox per week? try to halve it in favour of productive and beneficial activities, even if it is just going for a stroll around the block or reading a book. obviously the more productive the better. just being honest.

as for the anger, try to realise that everybody is different and has different boundaries of what is acceptable behaviour. you wouldn't get angry at a child that took a pen without asking, you would put it down to them being a child and not knowing any better, so apply that to everyone you encounter in every single social situation that makes you uncomfortable and breeze on through. works particularly well in settings where you're reliant on others and they do things differently to what you're used to.

oh and as for books i would recommend the chimp paradox.

go be happy

e5
11-11-2014, 06:03 PM
How old are you?

Empired
11-11-2014, 06:44 PM
How old are you?
He's eighteen :P

Kimmy
12-11-2014, 12:22 PM
Some of the comments like eating healthy, counting in and out, listening to music are all great. My brother had anger issues (not at all claiming you do) and those were some of his techniques. Whenever he felt uptight or irritated he was told to keep a small diary of how he felt and why he felt like that and some of it all linked in.

Whenever I'm mad, personally, I like to play piano to just... chill out. Do something where you're in complete control and that you love. Weighing out in your mind whether it's something you'd normally get mad at or not helps too. :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!