PDA

View Full Version : Check out Habbo's official pixel art guide

Michael
14-11-2014, 10:10 AM
This PDF was sent to all French fansites recently to assist them when they design promo images for Habbo http://mangetoica.com/Guide_design_FR.pdf

Where to start...
This document aims to give a brief overview of the types of materials that are allowed
for fansite submissions as well as a “best practice” for those materials. Follow these
simple guidelines and the materials you submit will be the envy of all and cause the
production team to weep massive tears of joy and sing your praise for all time (or until
they end work for the day, which ever comes first really). Failure to follow the guides
will also cause the production team to weep... because they’ll sadly have to reject
your submission.

xxMATTGxx
14-11-2014, 10:52 AM
All official fansites should have got the same one. Well I know the .COM fansites did.

October
14-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Some of those restrictions seem a bit dumb.

Drewar
14-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Very cool! Pixel Art has always been something I've wanted to learn more about, but unfortunately never really got around to doing.

MKR&*42
14-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Matt beat me to it, but yes all official ones have it and have for mayb a week.

Knew most of it but the amount of restrictions on what you can use seems grossly extortionate now

Kyle
14-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Is the hunger games one the one designed by Accipiter;

~~from phone

Star-Fighter
14-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Well, it's good to see some guidelines for the graphics. Some of the "what to avoid"-badges were actually used in some hotels (such as the multi-part one) so it's good to know such monstrosities won't happen again haha!

Sandoo
14-11-2014, 11:20 PM
I wish this guide was more wide-spread amongst staff designers. It would've prevented a bunch of hideous badges being uploaded.

dbgtz
16-11-2014, 09:09 PM
This isn't exactly the guide to pixel art I was hoping for. I was hoping it actually had tutorials so they would try and revitalise the alteration scene.

xxMATTGxx
16-11-2014, 09:14 PM
This isn't exactly the guide to pixel art I was hoping for. I was hoping it actually had tutorials so they would try and revitalise the alteration scene.

It's more of a guidelines more than anything else really.

dbgtz
16-11-2014, 09:29 PM

Pretty much. The only thing which could aid with pixel art as a whole is them demonstrating not to use Photoshop effects with pixel art. Very misleading title :(

.:TaylorSwift:
16-11-2014, 11:20 PM
I will miss seeing multi-part badges since there not allowed anymore. I would have wanted to see badges like snowman again but that dream just died also.

Sent from my using Tapatalk

October
17-11-2014, 04:53 AM
Yeah, like not using any Habbo-created anything, pretty much.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!