PDA

View Full Version : If you had to change your name, what would it be?

Lewis
15-11-2014, 08:23 PM
If you had to change your name to something different, what would it be? Why would it be this--perhaps it's your favourite name, your idol's name, or whatever else?

It can't be the same name or shortened versions of names (e.g. Daniel and Dan).

The Don
15-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Max Powers

Kyle
15-11-2014, 08:30 PM
I love my name but if I was forced then maybe something exotic like patilla mandible

~~from phone

The Don
I love my name but if I was forced then maybe something exotic like patilla mandible

~~from phone

Quiet down Patilla

ot: interesting choice there kyle

Shar
I can't imagine changing my name.

-:Undertaker:-
15-11-2014, 08:33 PM
For idol (and first) I would change to Enoch.

Other names I like are Louis, Alexander, George, James, Francis and Arthur. Traditional in short. ;)

For family reasons Ronald.

Empired
15-11-2014, 08:39 PM
I don't really know what else would suit me tbh. Taking suggestions x

The Don
15-11-2014, 08:39 PM
For idol (and first) I would change to Enoch.

Other names I like are Louis, Alexander, George, James and Arthur. Traditional in short. ;)

For family reasons Ronald.

Enoch Powell is your idol? The guy that wanted to send back all the 'darkies'? Why am I not surprised

15-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Enoch Powell is your idol? The guy that wanted to send back all the 'darkies'? Why am I not surprised

Well that's the Guardian view of Enoch Powell, but then i'm not surprised that it came from you.

His knowledge of nationhood, culture, constitutional affairs and general intellect made him a God. Maybe you should read accounts (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1849547424/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1/277-1396437-7669744?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_r=0BV6M4WKA2HJAH13A451&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=479289247&pf_rd_i=0571246613) of the man and his reasoning rather than reading editorials in the New Statesman on him.

The Don
15-11-2014, 08:44 PM
That's the Guardian view of Enoch Powell, but then i'm not surprised that it came from you.

His knowledge of nationhood, culture, constitutional affairs and general intellect made him a God. Maybe you should read accounts of the man and his reasoning rather than reading editorials in the New Statesman on him.

Yes because "In this country in 15 or 20 years' time the black man will have the whip hand over the white man" sounds like the words of a man that wants to mix with nonwhites. I've read his speech, I don't need to read an autobiography on a subject when I can quite clearly see their character through their direct words.

Edit: I was wrong on the top quote, apparently he was quoting someone when he said that but "As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding. Like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood". That tragic and intractable phenomenon which we watch with horror on the other side of the Atlantic but which there is interwoven with the history and existence of the States itself, is coming upon us here by our own volition and our own neglect. Indeed, it has all but come. In numerical terms, it will be of American proportions long before the end of the century. Only resolute and urgent action will avert it even now. Whether there will be the public will to demand and obtain that action, I do not know. All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal." is hardly any better.

Empired
15-11-2014, 08:49 PM
I don't really know what else would suit me tbh. Taking suggestions x
http://i.imgur.com/00dqMLb.png

problem solved everyone x

15-11-2014, 08:53 PM
Yes because "In this country in 15 or 20 years' time the black man will have the whip hand over the white man" sounds like the words of a man that wants to mix with nonwhites.

Replace "black man" in that speech with "Pakistani men" and add "Rotherham". He wasn't far off really, was he?

Maybe attempting to understand what the man was saying and advocating rather than recycling the favourite lines of Owen Jones when it comes to Enoch Powell would be a good start. That said, what's the point when in the past you've basically said that anybody who opposes open borders and integration is a nasty yewwwkip waycist?

The Don
15-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Replace "black man" in that speech with Pakistani man and add 'Rotherham'. He wasn't far off really, was he?

So change the entire quote and he's not that wrong? Lmao

I'm sure you'll appreciate this danlogic FlyingJesus;

Oh, Dan added more to his initial post to make it less idiotic.

Maybe attempting to understand what the man was saying and advocating rather than recycling the favourite lines of Owen Jones when it comes to Enoch Powell would be a good start. That said, what's the point when in the past you've basically said that anybody who opposes open borders and integration is a nasty yewwwkip waycist?

You clearly don't understand the speech of your 'idol' yourself if you think the contents of it is interchangeable with Pakistani Men in Rotherham. Even Farage admits that Enoch Powell was wrong because the amounts of immigration Powell opposed (30k-50k) was perfectly manageable. You use 'waycist' to attempt to solidify your point more than anybody you accuse actually does.

Jssy
15-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Alexia

Sent from my XT1021 using Tapatalk

dbgtz
15-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Rex Armstong

j0rd
15-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Arnold Schwarzenegger

because why not

15-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Edit: I was wrong on the top quote, apparently he was quoting someone when he said that

Well duh as I predicted you hadn't even tried to study the speech and instead decided to go by what you'd read Will Self, Owen Jones and Polly Toynbee write in the Guardian as the ultimate truth.

Study the speech, study the man and learn the logic before commenting on his legacy.

Even Farage admits that Enoch Powell was wrong because the amounts of immigration Powell opposed (30k-50k) was perfectly manageable.

It can be manageable depending on where the immigrants come from, how strong the host culture is, where they move and live to, who they interact with. But as our immigration policy has been anything but focused on controlled numbers and integration, Powell's logic stands the test of time.

You use 'waycist' to attempt to solidify your point more than anybody you accuse actually does.

On every debate where you can you bring race into it or accuse me of a phobia/bigotry. You just did it lmao.

So change the entire quote and he's not that wrong? Lmao

A conservative estimate of 1,400 children in Rotherham by the Jay Report and you still dispute the results of multiculturalism and mass immigration. Incredible. He [Powell] was right, and you are wrong. But don't just take it from me: here's what the 'Guardian-reading' former Labour MP for the area had to admit.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11059643/Denis-MacShane-I-was-too-much-of-a-liberal-leftie-and-should-have-done-more-to-investigate-child-abuse.html

He told the BBC: "I think there was a culture of not wanting to rock the multicultural community boat if I may put it like that.”

Admitting he had been guilty of doing too little, he said he had been aware of the problem of cousin marriage and “the oppression of women within bits of the Muslim community in Britain” but: “Perhaps yes, as a true Guardian reader, and liberal leftie, I suppose I didn’t want to raise that too hard.”

The whip hand over 1,400 English girls - children - and much worse, you're damn right.

The Don
15-11-2014, 09:06 PM
A conservative estimate of 1,400 children in Rotherham by the Jay Report and you still dispute the results of multiculturalism and mass immigration. Icredible. He [Powell] was right, and you are wrong. But don't just take it from me: here's what the 'Guardian-reading' former Labour MP for the area had to admit.....

So talking about black immigration in the 60's is the same as Pakistani immigration in 2014? You're being incredibly dense

The whip hand over 1,400 English girls - children - and much worse, you're damn right.

Pakistani != Black

What you're arguing is like saying "Kevin said 2+2 = 5, replace 5 with 4 then he's not far off" it's just incredibly wrong.

15-11-2014, 09:09 PM
So talking about black immigration in the 60's is the same as Pakistani immigration in 2014? You're being incredibly dense

Pakistani != Black

What you're arguing is like saying "Kevin said 2+2 = 5, replace 5 with 4 then he's not far off" it's just incredibly wrong.

I think you are confusing (purposely?) skin colour with culture. It is true that African culture and Pakistani culture are vastly different to one another, but it's also true they're vastly different to our own.

And that was the point Powell was making and why I say the prophecy is true in 2014 /w Rotherham.

The Don
15-11-2014, 09:11 PM
I think you are confusing (purposely?) skin colour with culture. It is true that African culture and Pakistani culture are vastly different to one another, but it's also true they're vastly different to our own.

And that was the point Powell was making and why I say the prophecy is true in 2014 /w Rotherham.

You're using the point that Pakistani men abused children in Rotherham (which still only accounts for less than 1% of Pakistani immigrants but let's not argue facts because danlogic) to prove that Enoch Powell was right to argue against black immigration in the 60's. Pure idiocy.

15-11-2014, 09:16 PM
You're using the point that Pakistani men abused children in Rotherham (which still only accounts for less than 1% of Pakistani immigrants but let's not argue facts because danlogic) to prove that Enoch Powell was right to argue against black immigration in the 60's. Pure idiocy.

You are being purposely pedantic rather than looking at his logic in the speech. Of course he'd use the example of black post-imperial immigrants as that was what most immigrants were at the time: black Africans. :rolleyes:

(which still only accounts for less than 1% of Pakistani immigrants but let's not argue facts because danlogic)

Oh boy, you think this is exclusive to Rotherham LOL!???????? Are you in for a shock.

The Don
15-11-2014, 09:19 PM
You are being purposely pedantic rather than looking at his logic in the speech. Of course he'd use the example of black post-imperial immigrants as that was what most immigrants were at the time: black Africans.

I'm being pedantic by using the actual words and context of his speech and who they were aimed at rather than changing them to give a weak point credibility?

Lewis
15-11-2014, 09:22 PM
This 'if you had to change your name' thread should be moved to debates now... who would've thought a thread like this could change into a debate? lmao :P

I would probably change my name to some sort of russian name. I'm a big fan of russian names!

15-11-2014, 09:23 PM
I'm being pedantic by using the actual words and context of his speech and who they were aimed at rather than changing them to give a weak point credibility?

It's still not getting through is it.

But yeah, that's why I would choose the name Enoch. Great statesman.

Gina
15-11-2014, 10:24 PM
gina
on registers and everything its put as georgina and it makes me so sad
at school all the teachers FINALLY call me gina after 5 years
when i go to college though theyre gna call me georgina again and i will want to cry

oh i didnt even read the thread
ok in that case id be called like
idk some awful name like gertrude so people can cry for me

FlyingJesus
15-11-2014, 10:24 PM
His knowledge of nationhood, culture, constitutional affairs and general intellect made him a God.

That's not very Christian of you

Anyway I would change my name to HORSE all in caps and no surname because why not

Richie
16-11-2014, 02:23 AM
barry

Jurv
16-11-2014, 11:25 AM
i actually really like my name

but if i were to change i'd change it to oscar or alfie

Jssy
16-11-2014, 11:40 AM
gina
on registers and everything its put as georgina and it makes me so sad
at school all the teachers FINALLY call me gina after 5 years
when i go to college though theyre gna call me georgina again and i will want to cry

oh i didnt even read the thread
ok in that case id be called like
idk some awful name like gertrude so people can cry for me
At my college when you enroll after interview they ask you to write down your preferred name and that goes on everything so my name on my student I.D and college computers is Jess not Jessica haha

Evanora
16-11-2014, 11:47 AM
jamiroquai since its a family name

wixard
16-11-2014, 11:55 AM
mercedes tequila fernandez

alilbitoflauren
17-11-2014, 11:04 PM
Tori

Jazz
18-11-2014, 05:29 PM
juzz

Brad
18-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Id probably change my name to something cool. But I'd go with Nev. Samanfa; would agree.

Alkaz
18-11-2014, 06:25 PM
I would keep my surname but I would change my first name to something like Jordan or Josh as everyone I know with those names are super hot! #WishfulThinking

Absently
19-11-2014, 01:05 AM
Err probably a simple change like Kayleigh as it was what I was going to be called instead of Kelly, not sure why I didn't in the end though!

Sharon
19-11-2014, 08:29 AM
I would love to change it lol absolutely hate my name

welshcake
19-11-2014, 10:15 AM
I would change it to something cool because Lauren isn't the coolest name in the book. Not sure what a cool name is though.
Or maybe something that can be shortened to CJ or AJ or something as that is always fun.

Zak
25-11-2014, 03:29 PM
I quite like my name - I wouldn't really want to change it. Even if I did everyone would call me Zak still :P

iKaylaaaaa
11-12-2014, 09:37 AM
Tayla. Literally everyone I bump into asks me if my name starts with a T... no, it starts with a K. Let's just change it and be done with it.

Kimmy
14-12-2014, 12:43 PM
I think the comments in this post are far more funnier than what I think it was origninally intended for.

Can't imagine changing my name, but I've always liked Maia or Nevaeh.

RyRy
15-12-2014, 08:30 AM
Brian.

I get called Brian enough already ffs.

Empired
15-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Brian.

I get called Brian enough already ffs.
Bryroka hahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha

RyRy
15-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Bryroka hahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha

hey empired guess what DIE

karter
15-12-2014, 02:58 PM
saket or viraaj

oh wait i gotta choose ugly western names

um only if u were to kill me for not choosing, probably mason. idk why. sounds okay-ish

RandomManJay
15-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Either Josh or just change the spelling to something I prefer more.

:odey:
18-12-2014, 02:20 PM
I love the name Leo. I think its super cute.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!