PDA

View Full Version : Would you become Habbox staff if you could keep your username?

Chris
23-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Something that is commonly requested by members is the ability to maintain your forum username when becoming Habbox Staff for departments that currently require you to change your name to match your Habbo name. Some people feel so strongly about this that they refuse to join community departments. What I want to know is, if we removed this rule, would you join a community department?

Answer in the poll and leave your opinions here!

sexpot
23-11-2014, 09:07 PM
What is the likelihood that the rule will actually go away?

Red
23-11-2014, 09:08 PM
I'd prefer the rule to say tbh. Was so much easier just knowing most people forum names was their habbos.

dbgtz
23-11-2014, 09:09 PM
Well my name never changed, but I never understood the rule in the first place since there's an option to have a Habbo name on display in the little "about me abridged" box.

buttons
23-11-2014, 09:09 PM
do people really refuse to join because of it lmao
no i wouldn't be more likely to join staff if i could keep my username but i think its better for people who have to use habbo for their job to have the same forum name to make it easier for noobs to contact em

i know u can have it in ur habbo name section like dbgtz says but u cant search for that easily whereas u can usually just find someone in the last online or through the member list

wixard
23-11-2014, 09:16 PM
looking at you akeam

MKR&*42
23-11-2014, 09:22 PM
i think you are the fussiest person on the planet if you refuse to have a job at hx cause you'd have to change your forum username lmao...
--
whilst it is possible to find someone's habbo username in their usertitle and the postbit, [in a scenario where events staff didn't need habbo names] if a new user has just been to an event for example and checks out the forum to find the events staff member and can't find them on the list via their habbo name... there is no feature available to search for the person using their usertitle or postbit.

Don't change the rule it's fine as it is and it is the same few people who moan over it.

scottish
23-11-2014, 09:24 PM
No, it should remain.

lawrawrrr
23-11-2014, 09:25 PM
I'd like to not be lawrawrrr on the forum tbh but understand why it's in place. When I was younger at Habbox, I'd have liked to have kept the same name rather than changed it, as now someone has signed up with that name in the meantime :'(

Sho
23-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Back when I was .Cymru. I would have LOVED to change my name because I really hated the name. Now I'd probably keep Shonly unless I change it to Sho

If it's not taken
If so then cry

lemons
23-11-2014, 09:32 PM
yes 100%!

-Nick
23-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Unless habbox staff have somewhere to place their name.. E.g usertitle or profile.. For content purposes.. No.

Sho
23-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Unless habbox staff have somewhere to place their name.. E.g usertitle or profile.. For content purposes.. No.

They will have somewhere to place their Habbo name.

lemons
23-11-2014, 09:36 PM
can't be that difficult to display both habbo and forum name on the staff list

scottish
23-11-2014, 09:36 PM
Which you can't search for.

Usernames are easy to search, usertitles and habbo names are not. If you need to PM a staff member you seen on habbo (for whatever reason) then you're screwed.

lawrawrrr
23-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Which you can't search for.

Usernames are easy to search, usertitles and habbo names are not. If you need to PM a staff member you seen on habbo (for whatever reason) then you're screwed.
why would you need to PM a staff member?

you could easily find out from the staff list on the main site or the forum what that person's habbo name was

scottish
23-11-2014, 09:49 PM

you could easily find out from the staff list on the main site or the forum what that person's habbo name was

Perhaps they didn't get a prize, perhaps they didn't get the VIP, perhaps ask questions. idk why would anyone pm anyone

Gina
23-11-2014, 09:52 PM
if you asked like last summer when i wasnt staff i still had the username gina id say yes because i had to change it to yuxin and now someones taken the username gina :(

Sharon
23-11-2014, 09:52 PM

personally see it as common to PM a staff member than it is to PM a manager lol

lawrawrrr
23-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Complaints and things like that go straight to the manager - not the staff member - or an AGM usually. In all the years I was staff I never got a PM asking for a prize or anything. It would still be plainly obvious what their Habbo name would be as well - most other fansites have a list of names + habbo names on their main site staff list, which we could do!

Inseriousity.
23-11-2014, 09:55 PM
It's a Habbo forum. We need more Habbo presence not less.
However if the rule was changed I'd still think management upwards, at the very least, should have their Habbo name (sorry laura).

Chippiewill
23-11-2014, 11:18 PM
I don't know why people are parroting the idea that you can't search for a user by their Habbo name. You've been able to search by any profile field from the member list since I told matt how to fix it last time this came up.

lawrawrrr
23-11-2014, 11:21 PM
I don't know why people are parroting the idea that you can't search for a user by their Habbo name. You've been able to search by any profile field from the member list since I told matt how to fix it last time this came up.

I thought this was the case! Thanks for clarifying that.
Inseriousity.; CONTENT MANAGERS DONT HAVE TO HAVING MATCHING NAMES WHY ME BAAAAAAAH (/tantrum I'll get over it but I am fed up of RL people finding this account out).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chippiewill
23-11-2014, 11:24 PM
(/tantrum I'll get over it but I am fed up of RL people finding this account out).

Just change your habbo name to turtlepoop or something.

lawrawrrr
23-11-2014, 11:25 PM
Just change your habbo name to turtlepoop or something.

I've got another HABBO account I wouldn't mind having the username of but I've got a nice badge collection and big friend list and stuff - also thousands of furni items to trade if I moved...

Absently
23-11-2014, 11:36 PM
When I became HxL staff during the summer, I really hated the idea of having to change my name back to my habbo name as I'm not too fond of my habbo name but obviously can't be bothered to change for some reasons (A) Although, with my role in HxHD, it's a much better idea to have my names matching as if somebody needs help they know exactly how to find me. Also, as I have to PM my staff members quite a lot it's easier for me as I know all of their habbo names and instead of having to try and find what their habboxforum name is as I know quite a lot of people are fond of changing their name frequently :P

David
24-11-2014, 12:00 AM
no, i wouldn't become staff either way
but i do agree the rule should be removed

Kyle
24-11-2014, 01:32 AM
Staff list and userbits have everything that is needed. There is simply no justification to keep the rule other than that it is "easier". People responding are going to have different feelings answering this poll compares to when they have in the past opted to become staff or vote no simply because they don't care. I can't vote in the poll and have no desire to become staff regardless of username but applying the question objectively there is more reason to remove the rule than to keep it.

~~from phone

Nick
24-11-2014, 02:35 AM
I thought this was the case! Thanks for clarifying that.
Inseriousity.; CONTENT MANAGERS DONT HAVE TO HAVING MATCHING NAMES WHY ME BAAAAAAAH (/tantrum I'll get over it but I am fed up of RL people finding this account out).

I agree with this.

Yes, I wouldn't join a community department because honestly I don't want to change my name (I got people on my back like -Nick and !Dudex!211), although I have no desire to join a community department at this point in time.

I know I resigned from competitions while I was on a trial because Samanfa; told me I had to change my name to my Habbo name so I was out of there LOL. I don't really understand why comps have to change their names to match their habbo names because they aren't really a client wise department????? All comps are posted on the forum, otherwise why doesn't graphics, forum etc have matching names.

Matt
24-11-2014, 03:45 AM
I swear so many people have used the name change excuse in the past as a reason to not to join a community department. I would be very interested to see if this rule was lifted, would staff numbers in community departments increase.

I personally don't mind. If we were given the option to have a different name to our habbo name, we would just need to make sure people know who they're dealing with on habbo and then who they are on the forum. I'm sure it wouldn't be that much of a problem to manage as we all know people's habbo names and would know their forum names anyway - due to them having staff perms ofc.

I'd change my name if I had the chance (considering managers were allowed to do it too).

-Nick
24-11-2014, 08:05 PM
I agree with this.

Yes, I wouldn't join a community department because honestly I don't want to change my name (I got people on my back like -Nick and !Dudex!211), although I have no desire to join a community department at this point in time.

I know I resigned from competitions while I was on a trial because @Samanfa (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=68263); told me I had to change my name to my Habbo name so I was out of there LOL. I don't really understand why comps have to change their names to match their habbo names because they aren't really a client wise department????? All comps are posted on the forum, otherwise why doesn't graphics, forum etc have matching names.

Ehhhh... Please join a community department. :(! Can we share the username?:love:

ot: Aslong as I can search managers 100% and some staff members I am happy to go with it.

Alkaz
24-11-2014, 09:16 PM
Something that is commonly requested by members is the ability to maintain your forum username when becoming Habbox Staff for departments that currently require you to change your name to match your Habbo name. Some people feel so strongly about this that they refuse to join community departments. What I want to know is, if we removed this rule, would you join a community department?

Answer in the poll and leave your opinions here!
I have no objection to the rule being changed, maybe it is time that it was removed. I do however believe that general management and managers of affiliated sites (HxF, HxL & possibly HxW) should have the same forum and Habbo name.

kuzkasate
26-11-2014, 10:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okMN4A6FnA8

Chris
26-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the responses everyone! :)

James
26-11-2014, 11:52 AM
I'd prefer to have my own Forum username, but it doesn't stop me applying for community departments.

e5
26-11-2014, 04:48 PM
Makes no difference to me, but I suspect if it was to affect me, being able to keep my forum name (if it was diff to my habbo) would play a factor, but I'd say it should be mandatory to display your habbo name in the post bit

RyRy
26-11-2014, 04:49 PM
If it helps, if I got to keep my Habbo name I'd become Habbox staff 8)

scottish
26-11-2014, 04:55 PM
If it helps, if I got to keep my Habbo name I'd become Habbox staff 8)

Definitely keep the current rule.

OT: Staff should have their Habbo name, it's a Habbo fansite.

Red
26-11-2014, 05:06 PM
If someone is so passionate about not changing their name in case someone else took it, then you couldn't just put the acc on store for them until after they stop being staff.

Paige.
26-11-2014, 05:20 PM
if i really didn't like my habbo name then i think it'd make me question joining community departments because i'm a bit picky but it wouldn't stop me from joining, it would just annoy me a little i guess because it would be a constant reminder of my bad choices in habbo life (like why did i choose pdiddy110...)

sometimes i'll see someone on habbo or around the forum and they will know me and i'm thinking who is this?? because their names are different, i've always thought it was a good rule anyway i mean people need to get a grip if they want to be in a community department but the only reason they won't is because their forum name will change

sexpot
26-11-2014, 05:24 PM
If someone is so passionate about not changing their name in case someone else took it, then you couldn't just put the acc on store for them until after they stop being staff.

Isn't this already done for managers+? if so, why not do it for regular staff who want to keep their old names?

Jazz
26-11-2014, 06:45 PM
It doesn't stop me from applying but I'd much rather be allowed to have free choice over my own forum name

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!