PDA

View Full Version : bleaching your hair???

Sharon
28-11-2014, 12:45 PM
basically just want advice on like how my hair would go if i went to a salon and went blonde via bleach etc like how long does the process take, is my hair going to be damaged forever and lose moisture altogether and if it's going to FALL OUT. recently I've malted a lot which I think was the result of taking the pill as it was listed as a common side effect online and loads of people experienced it. it's like killed my self confidence just because i just feel self concious when really no one can tell. ive just invested in good thickening shampos which are definitely helping but the last thing I want is another reason to make my hair thinner now it's kind of stopped

most people know what my hair looks like etc and the colour I wanna go is

http://images.kpopstarz.com/data/images/full/196613/2ne1-cl-blonde-beauty.jpg?w=600

money isnt a huge issue atm so i would defo go salon but idk just scared on what it could do to my hair long term. prob gonna book a consultation but I'd like to hear experiences and opinions

Absently
28-11-2014, 01:01 PM
you might find a lot of salons won't bleach your hair because it's too dark and you might end up having to goto a sort of *cheap* one that will do it. it's better to take it slowly imo as doing it all at once really ***** your hair up. i've had my hair wrecked by bleach and had to have it cut from being like midway down my back up to my chin as it was just in extremely bad condition lol. although, since then i've not been so silly and only used lightners and i try my best to do conditioning treatments on it to keep it nice and smooooooth. not had blonde hair in a while tho. i'd imagine also, the first time you get it done your hair will probs go an awful ugly colour if you've quite dark hair.

Richie
28-11-2014, 02:14 PM
basically just want advice on like how my hair would go if i went to a salon and went blonde via bleach etc like how long does the process take, is my hair going to be damaged forever and lose moisture altogether and if it's going to FALL OUT. recently I've malted a lot which I think was the result of taking the pill as it was listed as a common side effect online and loads of people experienced it. it's like killed my self confidence just because i just feel self concious when really no one can tell. ive just invested in good thickening shampos which are definitely helping but the last thing I want is another reason to make my hair thinner now it's kind of stopped

most people know what my hair looks like etc and the colour I wanna go is

http://images.kpopstarz.com/data/images/full/196613/2ne1-cl-blonde-beauty.jpg?w=600

money isnt a huge issue atm so i would defo go salon but idk just scared on what it could do to my hair long term. prob gonna book a consultation but I'd like to hear experiences and opinions

jesus you look about 26

dno bout birds but i heard bleaching your hair wrecks the pigments in your hair

Sharon
28-11-2014, 05:35 PM
nearly thought **** it before n almost purchased black hair dye but just no I don't want that lol would be mission impossible to ever have lighter hair again

still contemplating blonde

Alkaz
02-12-2014, 01:09 AM
I kn ow it's kinda different. But I bought Sunin hair lightener and I only used it like once and so many people were like have you dyed your hair. Could use something like that, although you do run the risk of your hair going ginger haha!

Shar
03-12-2014, 01:51 PM
I'm too scared to bleach my hair so I've just been dyeing my hair a lighter colour each time and hoping it shows up. (I have black hair and want a lighter brown.

velvet
12-12-2014, 09:21 PM
i've bleach my hair to platinum for a couple of years now.
i wouldn't recommend doing it on very fine hair, but i have friends with thin hair who don't have issues. your best bet is to do it in stages, go up a few shades each time. you'll have orange, yellow and other strange hair colours for a while, but it really is the only way to bleach hair without completely wrecking it.
once you get the base of your hair to the colour you want, roots are a lot easier and can be done at home. if you're worried about doing it yourself buy a low vol bleach, it'll take longer but is much more gentle on your hair.
if you do decide to bleach at home, by the developer and powder to mix yourself - never use the drugstore kits.
i did hairdressing for a few years too, so that's my best advice. good luck with it. :)

Brad
13-12-2014, 04:54 AM
I've heard horror stories of people bleaching their hair, and their hair ending up having a tinge of green to it because of the type of shampoo/conditioner they were using.

But I used to bleach my hair when I was younger. I quite enjoyed doing it myself. haha!

Krazybethw
13-12-2014, 01:51 PM
I have quite thin hair and ive bleached my hair a few times in the past. I agree with some people above who have said to do it in stages as its better for your hair.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!