PDA

View Full Version : What is something you've always wanted to learn?

Kyle
01-12-2014, 03:14 AM
What is something that you've always wanted to learn (to do) but have either never gotten around to doing or don't have the means /knowledge of where to begin? :)

~~from phone

Sharon
01-12-2014, 08:44 AM
Wish I could speak Cantonese fluently and be able to write it. I also wish I went on to do Mandarin too. Parents put me in Chinese school but I was just so young and found it a waste of my Sundays (Bear in mind I was younger than 7) so I gave up, can't even write/read anything including my name lol. Still may go back to it one day idek too late I guess

Oh and Korean so I don't have to read subtitles when listening to music or watching dramas

Jazz
01-12-2014, 09:53 AM
ive always wanted to learn sign language, but hopefully this year i'll be starting a course on it

Zak
01-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Learn more about Ancient History - Science has always been a cool subject for me too.

Danny
01-12-2014, 03:46 PM
I would love to learn a Language like Spanish or Italian.

Shar
01-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Languages! Spanish, Italian and French particularly and sign language.

Sho
03-12-2014, 02:24 AM
languages. i tend to pick up on them fairly quickly so i want to make the most of it. i speak welsh, english and french (although not fluently and i can't understand french people when they reply so pretty useless lolol). i know very basic stuff in various other languages too

Shockwave.2CC
03-12-2014, 03:06 AM
Probably speak another language flaunt (German or Spanish)

Samantha
03-12-2014, 03:17 AM
Probably speak another language flaunt (German or Spanish)

I think you should master English first ;).

I wanted to learn how to play more instruments or learn how to speak French.

buttons
03-12-2014, 12:04 PM
id like to learn a language too, hopefully when im out of education

dbgtz
03-12-2014, 12:10 PM
It isn't something I've always wanted to learn, only in the last year or so, but the piano. I was meant to self teach in summer but god knows what happened, so next summer it is.

Ekelektra
03-12-2014, 01:25 PM
I've always wanted to learn sign language and to play the drums. Also thought about continuing German in uni to become fluent in it and I used to want to learn French.

MKR&*42
03-12-2014, 11:42 PM
German but i cant MOTIVATE myself to do it again.

i got a D in it at school then self studied a bit of the grammar for about 2 months dduring last year and learnt so much, then gave up on it and forgot an awful lot of it sigh.

-:Undertaker:-
04-12-2014, 02:18 AM
I'd quite like to try public speaking but if it went wrong I could simply erase it from memory. :P

Hey HxL.............

Empired
04-12-2014, 08:21 AM
For those people interested in being able to speak languages fluently I suggest Michel Thomas CDs. They won't help you with the writing but they were a fantastic start to learning how to speak comfortably in another language. I've only tried the Spanish ones but I'm sure the others ones are much the same.

I'd love to learn to ballet dance properly. Pretty sure I've missed that moment in my life now but it's something I wish I'd been forced into as a child.

Alysha
04-12-2014, 12:06 PM
Any language, I would love to hold a conversation in multiple languages. Then instruments, piano and guitar would suit me well, but I could never grasp it when I tried, so I stuck to drums instead.
Not really a learning one, but I always wanted to do gymnastics as a kid, I just wanted to learn to do backflips like a pro.

Kyle
04-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Yess backflips. There was one guy I did gymnastics with that could backflip whenever he wanted and made all the ladies swoon. Turns out he's gay, what a bloody waste of backflips.

I've always loved languages and communication, its a bit surreal to think of all the different forms we use across the world and I hope some day to master a wide range of them! A lot of basic languages can be learned with perseverance through duolingo which has a website and iOS app that is REALLY easy to use and works fabulously. Some universities also have (free, for the most part) language learning units to take alongside degrees. I'm currently learning Russian and Spanish, would recommend!

I was thinking too that some things that we know how to do are taken for granted a bit now, like simple things like tying shoelaces. Some kids don't learn that until like 8-10 and some schools actively enforce rules that prevent it like having to wear Velcro wtf!!

Some more things id like to lean are menial but practical tasks like how to gut a fish or how to skin a rabbit. Just think it would be cool to know. I guess the advent of the internet means that this sort of thing doesn't need to be learned at all anymore and we can just find out when we need it and forget until the future.

Most useful skill I have ever learned is how to fold a fitted sheet and it will stay with me for the rest of my life x

What is the most interesting or useful thing you have already learned that everybody would be better off learning @ everyone

~~from phone

Phil
05-12-2014, 11:18 AM
I've always wanted to learn another language and I'm learing Spanish now for the next four years in college so hopefully I'll be pretty decent after that! I really want to learn how to play the piano, I bought one for like €200 down from €520 like three years ago, couldn't get the hang of it and now it's a really expensive clothes hanger. Hopefull I'll try and pick this up again sometime soon.

I'm able to make some balloon figures and really wanna learn how to make more!

Kimmy
05-12-2014, 04:05 PM
I really want to learn more instruments. Like, sounds sort of vain but I'd love to be able to pick up any instrument and be able to play at least something

iKaylaaaaa
11-12-2014, 09:34 AM
I want to learn the guitar because some people give me a hard time because I can't play it and to learn sign language, I find it quite interesting.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!