What do you have for your,

Starters,
Mains,
Desserts

for your Christmas dinner?

buttons
08-12-2014, 06:37 PM
dont do starters im skinny
main i usually have turkey, white pudding, brussels, roast potatoes, brocolli, cauliflower and yorkshire puddings
dessert is ice cream n jeeeeelly

MKR&*42
08-12-2014, 06:46 PM
dont do starter
main is pretty much what id eat for a sunday roast but with turkey instead of chicken lmao. sometimes have a bit of cranberry sauce but don't crave it

as for dessert it varies every year. I LOVE christmas cake so try and have some of that, but we have like chocolate cake, ice cream, a tart, eclairs etc as well

AND IDK IF ANYONE ELSE DOES THIS, but at the end of the day we all have like a buffet with cheese, crackers, crisps, mini sausages etc. its so fun omg

Empired
08-12-2014, 07:00 PM
My neighbours have invited themselves round to our house for dinner again this year. So they'll be bringing an entire HALF smoked salmon (it's absolutely massive if u didn't know) and they'll try and force me to eat some even though I absolutely hate smoked fish. So no starter for me basically. Don't even like starters actually.

Then I'll have to do the main and my mum will pretend she did it all same as last year. We just have the ordinary turkey, roast potatoes, stuffing, mini sausages, broccoli, peas, purple sprouting, sprouts, gravy and cranberry sauce.

Then for dessert everyone else will want Christmas pudding but I hate it so I guess no dessert for me either:¬:

Kyle
08-12-2014, 08:43 PM
TURKEY AND ONE ANOTHER MEAT (lamb or beef) SPROUTS GREEN BEANS CARROTS STUFFING BROCOLLLI CAULIFLOWER PIGS IN BLANKETS ROAST POTATOES MASHED POTATOES YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS. GRAVY MIT SAUCE CRANBERRY SAUCE HORSERADISH. Don't have starter cos so many choices fr main. Dessert is generally wine or brandy which continues throughout te rest of the day.

~~from phone

!:random!:!
08-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Starters this year because we are fools...
Chinese takeaway dunno like wong tongs? pmsl not spelt right probs
Main:
Curry takeaway. like wtf lol
dessert:
CAKE

Sooo urm yeah the disadvantage of spending your christmas with men that are divorced and cba cooking... i would cook but apparently no-one wants proper dinner x
hey ho still be a good day

Red
08-12-2014, 11:51 PM
no starter

turkey, ham, stuffing, cocktail sausages, bacon rolls (stuffing with bacon wrapped around it), cream potatoes, roast potatoes, peas, turnip, brussel sprouts and gravy

desert we have like hot choc fudge cake, apple crumble, pavlova, lemon meringue so whatever I fancy!!

welshcake
10-12-2014, 02:16 AM
No starter

Chicken or beef (no one in my family likes turkey), roast potatoes, mash, Yorkshire puddings, stuffing, cauliflower, sprouts and stuff like that.

dessert is this chocolate yule log we get every year from a lady that makes really nice ones.

Red
10-12-2014, 02:31 AM
http://cl.ly/image/011d3C281H1S/IMG_3567.jpg

I want some right nowwwww.

e5
10-12-2014, 07:52 AM
We never do turkey lol

Beef
Yorkshire pudding, sprouts, cauliflower, broc, potatoes, cheese sauce, gravy, carrots, peas ..... erm some ppl have carrot n swede... then too full for dessert, usually pick at whats left lol.
buttons; whats white pudding :o

Matt
10-12-2014, 08:52 AM
no starter

Just the normal Xmas Dinner I think. Turkey, roast potatoes, vegetables & gravy etc

Pudding is normally Sherry Trifle (best thing ever) or xmas pudding.

buttons
10-12-2014, 10:35 AM
We never do turkey lol

Beef
Yorkshire pudding, sprouts, cauliflower, broc, potatoes, cheese sauce, gravy, carrots, peas ..... erm some ppl have carrot n swede... then too full for dessert, usually pick at whats left lol.
@buttons (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=42203); whats white pudding :o
tbh idk whats in it other than oatmeal but it is beautiful

scottish
10-12-2014, 10:37 AM
black pudding, but white

e5
10-12-2014, 10:54 AM
black pudding, but white
Lmao I wanted to say that but flyingjesus would think I was being serious and call me unintelligent again

buttons
10-12-2014, 12:36 PM
they taste completely different n p.sure theres no blood in white puddingso yh if u say tht then u r unintelligent xo

Sian
10-12-2014, 12:57 PM
No starter, dessert is the chocolate and sweets I got. Main is beautiful roast guernsey beef with Yorkshires, roast fatties and veg

With a load of wine.

scottish
10-12-2014, 01:03 PM
White pudding is similar to black pudding, but does not include blood; it consists of pork meat and fat, suet, bread and oatmeal formed into a large sausage.

Tyler
14-12-2014, 02:03 PM
no starter

main: Turkey, roast potatos, stuffing, gravy, carrots, sprouts, pigs in blankets

desert: trifle

OldLoveSong
14-12-2014, 04:01 PM
No starters. Main: turkey n gravy, mashed potatos and stuffing, corn, dinner roll, ham, cranbery sauce, squash. Deserts: usually pie and icecream

Chris
14-12-2014, 07:54 PM
No starters.

Main: Chicken, roast potatoes, carrots, brocolo, peas, sprouts, yorkshire puddings, stuffing, pigs in blankets, gravy

Dessert: Christmas Pudding or some sort of chocolate dessert.

:odey:
18-12-2014, 02:43 PM
I'm so excited for mine omg.
I don't understand why Christmas dinner takes so much nicer. When it's basically just the same as what you have every sunday.

We don't have starters, we just have a giant main course, with everything, lots of alcohol, and then like a selection or 3 or 4 puddings.

Gina
19-12-2014, 09:54 PM
we do melon starter mmm melon my fave

then do main like idk regular thing with turkey n couple potatoes n a yorkshire n veggies lmao mine is always smallest plate cos am picky

then adult have all that christmas pudding stuff that kid hate so we have nothing for dessert

Jurv
20-12-2014, 01:45 AM
don't have starters because my mum overflows the plates and we're always stuffed afterwards

we have turkey, duck, broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower, carrot and swede, mash, roast potatoes, stuffing, pigs in blankets, cranberry sauce and my mums homeade gravy (which is literally the nicest thing ever, so thick and mmmm)

not sure what we're having for desert, there's probs christmas cake and pudding but i dont like that so probs choc fudge cake

Jssy
23-12-2014, 06:04 PM
we don't have starter although im a governor and the previous chair told me to have big yorkshire puddings with gravy as a starter and have any leftover veg etc with syrup

i have yorkshire puddings cos yorkshire people are the best at them!, roast potatoes, brocolli, carrots, chicken gravy & chicken with a glass of wine but think im gonna have a glass of bucks fizz this year and we don't have dessert. we pulls crackers or w.e

but im gutted cos we dont have a table anymore so we'll be sat on the sofa with a tray eating christmas dinner. theres not really room for a kitchen table in our house

Empired
23-12-2014, 06:56 PM
don't have starters because my mum overflows the plates and we're always stuffed afterwards

we have turkey, duck, broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower, carrot and swede, mash, roast potatoes, stuffing, pigs in blankets, cranberry sauce and my mums homeade gravy (which is literally the nicest thing ever, so thick and mmmm)

not sure what we're having for desert, there's probs christmas cake and pudding but i dont like that so probs choc fudge cake
can i come over to urs that sounds so good

Richie
24-12-2014, 12:45 AM
I usually just have a main then each year the desert changes, we like to be spontaneous and get it the day before +*+*+*+*

scottish
24-12-2014, 12:46 AM
I usually just have a main then each year the desert changes, we like to be spontaneous and get it the day before +*+*+*+*

Gateau or get out.

Richie
24-12-2014, 12:49 AM
Gateau or get out.

tbh there's always other stuff there but I'm just a jelly and ice cream type of guy.

scottish
24-12-2014, 12:50 AM
tbh there's always other stuff there but I'm just a jelly and ice cream type of guy.

Ice cream is something I have anytime I want some same with jelly, gateau is a more christmas special dessert imo

Richie
24-12-2014, 12:52 AM
Ice cream is something I have anytime I want some same with jelly, gateau is a more christmas special dessert imo

Never had it before, don't hate. Is it just a chocolate cake? maybe I have had it before.

scottish
24-12-2014, 12:56 AM
Never had it before, don't hate. Is it just a chocolate cake? maybe I have had it before.

Yeah chocolate cake kinda thing.

http://www.coppenrath-wiese.com/php/prodImages/product-8070-dplightbox_en2.jpg

Some disgusting people have whipped cream with it ;l

It's absolutely amazing.

Richie
24-12-2014, 12:57 AM
Yeah chocolate cake kinda thing.

http://www.coppenrath-wiese.com/php/prodImages/product-8070-dplightbox_en2.jpg

Some disgusting people have whipped cream with it ;l

It's absolutely amazing.

I think i have had it before, doesn't tickle my pickle that much tbh

scottish
24-12-2014, 01:05 AM
I think i have had it before, doesn't tickle my pickle that much tbh

It's the best, nothing comes close to gateau for dessert ;P

Richie
24-12-2014, 01:08 AM
It's the best, nothing comes close to gateau for dessert ;P

jelly and ice cream beats it everyday of the week, i'm sorry man but you can't beat me in this argument.

Basic, poverty filled raspberry jelly with some delicious sugar filled badly processed vanilla ice cream is the winner.

scottish
24-12-2014, 01:10 AM
jelly and ice cream beats it everyday of the week, i'm sorry man but you can't beat me in this argument.

Basic, poverty filled raspberry jelly with some delicious sugar filled badly processed vanilla ice cream is the winner.

Jelly is such a general 'treat' though, like if I wanted Jelly now I'd go down and make some. Same with Vanilla Ice cream, it's just 'normal' tbh where as if I just pulled out a gateau in the middle of the year and randomly fired into it, it would be out of place :P

Richie
24-12-2014, 01:11 AM
Jelly is such a general 'treat' though, like if I wanted Jelly now I'd go down and make some. Same with Vanilla Ice cream, it's just 'normal' tbh where as if I just pulled out a gateau in the middle of the year and randomly fired into it, it would be out of place :P

Some people like normal, i like normal, i am normal. One does simply not quickly make jelly, it's a long process. What do you do, freeze the ****in thing?

scottish
24-12-2014, 01:14 AM
Some people like normal, i like normal, i am normal. One does simply not quickly make jelly, it's a long process. What do you do, freeze the ****in thing?

Well not instantly make it but you know what I mean, if I wanted it it's normal and I could easily just make it (might take a few hours/a night to be ready but point still stands). Never been interested in anything other than gateau for Christmas Dessert tbh, although we'll have other crap like Apple pie too... no thanks

Richie
24-12-2014, 01:18 AM
Well not instantly make it but you know what I mean, if I wanted it it's normal and I could easily just make it (might take a few hours/a night to be ready but point still stands). Never been interested in anything other than gateau for Christmas Dessert tbh, although we'll have other crap like Apple pie too... no thanks

Oh my god apple tart! haven't had that it ages, love it! I gateau and ice cream or apple tart and ice cream might actually taste nice, give it a bash it'll be delicious pal

scottish
24-12-2014, 01:20 AM
Oh my god apple tart! haven't had that it ages, love it! I gateau and ice cream or apple tart and ice cream might actually taste nice, give it a bash it'll be delicious pal

It's vile too :P

If you haven't got your dessert yet (assuming not as you said you get day before) then definitely grab a gateau tomorrow!

Richie
24-12-2014, 01:21 AM
It's vile too :P

If you haven't got your dessert yet (assuming not as you said you get day before) then definitely grab a gateau tomorrow!

Are they expensive? I doubt you'd get one in aldi, I might be able to get one in the local shop though hmm. I'm not trekking into town for a cake.

Yupt
24-12-2014, 01:22 AM
Seems not many people have starters. My family proper goes to Christmas dinner, I think Mum secretly enjoys it.

Starter: Normally some sort of crab salad or equiv. Fishy and light anyway.

Mains: We have goose rather than Turkey, just a long standing family thing. So Goose with all the extras, pigs in blankets, roasties, mash, parsnips, carrots, pea, beans. etc etc. Basically everything. Yorkshires!!

Pud: Our family love cheese so we have a cheese and biscuits selection normally with after eights and card games.

scottish
24-12-2014, 01:22 AM
You probably could get one in Aldi to be honest, they're only a few pound (like £5) I think? not sure I've never really looked at the price of them before :P

Iceland/Farmfoods/Asda/Tesco etc will definitely do them

- - - Updated - - -

Seems not many people have starters. My family proper goes to Christmas dinner, I think Mum secretly enjoys it.

Starter: Normally some sort of crab salad or equiv. Fishy and light anyway.

Mains: We have goose rather than Turkey, just a long standing family thing. So Goose with all the extras, pigs in blankets, roasties, mash, parsnips, carrots, pea, beans. etc etc. Basically everything. Yorkshires!!

Pud: Our family love cheese so we have a cheese and biscuits selection normally with after eights and card games.

We certainly do, usually soup or prawn cocktail as a starter :P

Richie
24-12-2014, 01:25 AM
You probably could get one in Aldi to be honest, they're only a few pound (like £5) I think? not sure I've never really looked at the price of them before :P

Iceland/Farmfoods/Asda/Tesco etc will definitely do them

- - - Updated - - -

We certainly do, usually soup or prawn cocktail as a starter :P

Yeah but aldi will probs have a cheap crappy version, i want the best. what do you usually have for the main course?

scottish
24-12-2014, 01:27 AM
https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/product-range/christmas-at-aldi/christmas-food/desserts/product-detail-page/ps/p/chocolate-gateau-1/

£1.89?!?! get some of that mate!!

Richie
24-12-2014, 01:29 AM
https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/product-range/christmas-at-aldi/christmas-food/desserts/product-detail-page/ps/p/chocolate-gateau-1/

£1.89?!?! get some of that mate!!

**** it i'll get two

#DiabetesHereICome

You never answered my last question, what do you eat for the main course?

scottish
24-12-2014, 01:33 AM
At that price why not :P

Er depends what I fancy really, there's always steak pie, sausage in gravy, turkey, cooked ham, etc cooked ready for anyone who wants it :P so whatever I fancy at the time really.

Richie
24-12-2014, 01:35 AM
At that price why not :P

Er depends what I fancy really, there's always steak pie, sausage in gravy, turkey, cooked ham, etc cooked ready for anyone who wants it :P so whatever I fancy at the time really.

Hate ham, too salty for me, prefer a good aul chicken as my main meat, turkeys too dry, even with gravy.

scottish
24-12-2014, 01:38 AM
Ah, again chickens something I have every night (literally, every night I have some form of breaded chicken) so really glad it's not part of my main meal on Christmas, nice to spice things up :P

Richie
24-12-2014, 01:41 AM
Ah, again chickens something I have every night (literally, every night I have some form of breaded chicken) so really glad it's not part of my main meal on Christmas, nice to spice things up :P

I'm your average joe, I don't need to spice things up. Then again I would like to try something completely different. I only rlly like poultry tho, i do eat meat but not often.

Jurv
24-12-2014, 01:41 AM
can i come over to urs that sounds so good

yes of course you can be my +1 darl

scottish
24-12-2014, 01:47 AM
I'm your average joe, I don't need to spice things up. Then again I would like to try something completely different. I only rlly like poultry tho, i do eat meat but not often.

Get a turkey and get to work. Alternatively make steak pie, it's lovely.

Richie
24-12-2014, 01:48 AM
Get a turkey and get to work. Alternatively make steak pie, it's lovely.

wouldn't u normally have that as part of a weekly meal tho, so its all the same with chicken.

scottish
24-12-2014, 01:52 AM
wouldn't u normally have that as part of a weekly meal tho, so its all the same with chicken.

Nah I don't really have steak pie, only scotch outside of christmas really :P

Richie
24-12-2014, 01:53 AM
Nah I don't really have steak pie, only scotch outside of christmas really :P

me ma does make it weekly but i dnt like pastry so i dnt rlly enjoy it

scottish
24-12-2014, 01:59 AM
me ma does make it weekly but i dnt like pastry so i dnt rlly enjoy it

What's wrong with you pastry is AMAZING ;l

Richie
24-12-2014, 02:01 AM
What's wrong with you pastry is AMAZING ;l

na dnt like any of tht, i reckon ppl have stuff like that for finger food that evening but i had anything in pastry. Makes me feel ill.

scottish
24-12-2014, 02:03 AM
Go get some sausage in gravy then :P

Richie
24-12-2014, 02:04 AM
Go get some sausage in gravy then :P

that sounds more appetizing, might nip out to the shop for more stuff tomo.

do you have any starters?

scottish
24-12-2014, 02:11 AM
Yeah I personally have soup (home made) for starters although some family have prawn cocktail

How about yourself?

SandraDunca
26-12-2014, 08:30 AM
I love to eat delicious food in christmas dinner, So I prepare some nice desserts, Christmas roast, some stuffing dishes, chicken roast, some nice fishes to eat in dinner.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!