PDA

View Full Version : Why no Jingles?

jake87385
19-12-2014, 12:51 AM
So I'd like to think of myself as a long term listener of Habbox and one of the things I have noticed is we don't seem to have any jingles or promotional FX that sort of thing, or the ones that have been played have been around for years.

Maybe I'm just being picky, but it seems strange that you don't hear sound bytes and little things like these below.

https://soundcloud.com/wizzfx/capital-imaging-reel-july-2014

https://soundcloud.com/xteejx/toth-montage-1

https://soundcloud.com/audiosweets/audiosweets-august-showcase-2014

https://soundcloud.com/xteejx/traffic-travel-in - Maybe not that one but you get the idea

By all means let me know if I've missed something and I'm making a fool of myself

Phil
19-12-2014, 12:53 AM
There actually are jingles that you can download from the panel for each of the departments, not sure how often they're used. I completely forgot about them til you said this

despect
19-12-2014, 12:59 AM
There actually are jingles that you can download from the panel for each of the departments, not sure how often they're used. I completely forgot about them til you said this

Tbh a lot of them need to be updated especially the Help Desk one it still says to search xxMattGxx haha. We used to have a DJ who used to make a lot of jingles for us but sadly he's not staff anymore :(.

jake87385
19-12-2014, 01:01 AM
Tbh a lot of them need to be updated especially the Help Desk one it still says to search xxMattGxx haha. We used to have a DJ who used to make a lot of jingles for us but sadly he's not staff anymore :(.

I know how to make those sort of things, it used to be one of my jobs when I worked in community radio. I'd happily make some, not sure how to do it without treading on anybodies toes if you get what I mean

FlyingJesus
19-12-2014, 01:03 AM
I hate jingles, there's literally no need for them at HxL. Anything that they might be saying should be said by the DJ anyway, so really they're just a waste of airtime - especially the one with about 5 minutes of stolen audio clips of celebs just saying their names which is not only stupid but very illegal

despect
19-12-2014, 01:03 AM
I know how to make those sort of things, it used to be one of my jobs when I worked in community radio. I'd happily make some, not sure how to do it without treading on anybodies toes if you get what I mean

It would be very helpful if you could make some, I'm sure Radio Management would add them to the panel for other DJs to use. Probably best to speak to Radio Management about that though :).
IzzyUhh; Drewar;

jake87385
19-12-2014, 01:09 AM
It would be very helpful if you could make some, I'm sure Radio Management would add them to the panel for other DJs to use. Probably best to speak to Radio Management about that though :).
IzzyUhh; Drewar;

I'll have a play with the software and make a few sample jingles over the next week or two and give one of the guys above a buzz, I'll be honest, having some of the ones like the powerful voice saying habboxlive.com might be useful to add into other bits though

despect
19-12-2014, 01:10 AM
I'll have a play with the software and make a few sample jingles over the next week or two and give one of the guys above a buzz, I'll be honest, having some of the ones like the powerful voice saying habboxlive.com might be useful to add into other bits though

Yeah that's true. It'll be interesting to see what you can come up with :D!

Chippiewill
19-12-2014, 03:45 AM
Tbh a lot of them need to be updated especially the Help Desk one it still says to search xxMattGxx haha.
The current DJ literally just played that one.

Empired
19-12-2014, 08:20 AM
I hate jingles, there's literally no need for them at HxL. Anything that they might be saying should be said by the DJ anyway, so really they're just a waste of airtime - especially the one with about 5 minutes of stolen audio clips of celebs just saying their names which is not only stupid but very illegal
I'd rather listen to a jingle than listen to some of the DJs go "umm ok so.. what else... well i'm in the help desk right now and down here with me is umm *lists and mispronounces the names of the other three people AFK in the room* so search xxMATTGxx to come and join us." *music plays* "oh right yeah don't search xxmattgxx I mean search Shonly"

Which is what i've heard once before and honestly it was so painful. Much rather listen to a very illegal jingle that at least sounds like they know what they're talking about than that.

Chris
19-12-2014, 12:40 PM
It would be good to have some new jingles. I'll make sure the outdated ones are removed from the panel too :P

FlyingJesus
19-12-2014, 12:41 PM
lmao well obv that is a dj not being very on the ball :P perhaps I ought to have said there SHOULD be no need for jingles

Gina
19-12-2014, 12:58 PM
I'd rather listen to a jingle than listen to some of the DJs go "umm ok so.. what else... well i'm in the help desk right now and down here with me is umm *lists and mispronounces the names of the other three people AFK in the room* so search xxMATTGxx to come and join us." *music plays* "oh right yeah don't search xxmattgxx I mean search Shonly"

Which is what i've heard once before and honestly it was so painful. Much rather listen to a very illegal jingle that at least sounds like they know what they're talking about than that.

i always say xxmattgxx out of habit cries i hope you dont mean me
am getting better tho promise!!

Jssy
19-12-2014, 12:58 PM
Would be good to have some more updated jingles, I like them, but they're effective if they're not overplayed

Empired
19-12-2014, 06:19 PM
i always say xxmattgxx out of habit cries i hope you dont mean me
am getting better tho promise!!
no not at all. It was more about how I'd rather listen to a confident jingle than a confused DJ. You always seem to know what you're talking about on air :P Or at the least you laugh through your mistakes which keeps the listeners interested.

jake87385
19-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Shocked at the amount of people who have said they would like a few new jingles, I will play about and see if I can make anything you guys like the sound of, but it will probably be using the voice from the old jingles saying "Habbox.com" or whatever else, my voice isn't right for re-doing any talking sections, but if anybody wants a go at voicing jingles drop me a message. Don't get too excited though, nobody has actually said I can make any official jingles on behalf of Habbox.

Inseriousity.
19-12-2014, 06:40 PM
The thing about Habbox is you don't say an idea and wait for permission to do it, you do it then say here's an idea.
You're only a trialist but don't let that stop you :)

jake87385
19-12-2014, 06:44 PM
The thing about Habbox is you don't say an idea and wait for permission to do it, you do it then say here's an idea.
You're only a trialist but don't let that stop you :)

I just didn't want to get in anyone's way or give the impression I was invading but thanks for that advice lol

Inseriousity.
19-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Understandable but the truth is managers are usually busy juggling several things so if staff have an event idea, if they said, hey let's do this... then it's less likely to be done than a DJ that says hey ive done this can you request a banner for it? as the former takes months, the latter takes minutes.

event idea is an example but the same principle applies with anything really. your managers will appreciate you going "the extra mile", "beyond the job title", "beyond the minimum" etc will end up somewhere in your report at the end of the month :P

jake87385
19-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Understandable but the truth is managers are usually busy juggling several things so if staff have an event idea, if they said, hey let's do this... then it's less likely to be done than a DJ that says hey ive done this can you request a banner for it? as the former takes months, the latter takes minutes.

event idea is an example but the same principle applies with anything really. your managers will appreciate you going "the extra mile", "beyond the job title", "beyond the minimum" etc will end up somewhere in your report at the end of the month :P

You have a fair point, I never thought about it like that, I'm so used to everything being checked with management before its followed through,I guess if I get into trouble I have someone to blame now :D Obviously only joking, i'll take the blame, thanks for your help, I would rep but that rep thread means I can't do it again

Drewar
19-12-2014, 11:14 PM
Hey Jake,

As I've already said in my Private Message to you, if you want to make us some Jingles, I'd love to give them a listen. Assuming they aren't terrible quality, I'll definitely add them to the panel for other DJs to download and use as they see fit.

In response to the old HxHD Jingle, I've removed it from the DJ panel so that it can no longer be downloaded. I would have done this last night when I saw the message, but I only gained cpanel access about 15 minutes ago. I will post a message to the DJs only forum right now to urge all current DJs to delete this Jingle from their libraries and broadcasters, so that they won't play it out of habit.

Jake, Mike (Inseriousity.) is right. We love to see DJs going above and beyond their minimum requirements. I'm happy to see you taking an interest in making jingles for us, and I appreciate that you asked for my go-ahead first.

Cheers :)

jake87385
20-12-2014, 12:52 AM
Hey Jake,

As I've already said in my Private Message to you, if you want to make us some Jingles, I'd love to give them a listen. Assuming they aren't terrible quality, I'll definitely add them to the panel for other DJs to download and use as they see fit.

In response to the old HxHD Jingle, I've removed it from the DJ panel so that it can no longer be downloaded. I would have done this last night when I saw the message, but I only gained cpanel access about 15 minutes ago. I will post a message to the DJs only forum right now to urge all current DJs to delete this Jingle from their libraries and broadcasters, so that they won't play it out of habit.

Jake, Mike (Inseriousity.) is right. We love to see DJs going above and beyond their minimum requirements. I'm happy to see you taking an interest in making jingles for us, and I appreciate that you asked for my go-ahead first.

Cheers :)

Well that's official, thanks again for getting back to me with regards to that. I'll update the thread with any samples I make so everyone can voice their opinions of them.

jake87385
21-12-2014, 07:27 PM
I've made a few, but this one is the only preview I'm giving atm as I'm lazy, what does everyone think? I think it's a bit tacky.

https://soundcloud.com/jake-rowlands-3/forum

lemons
21-12-2014, 07:37 PM
i don't like it tbh

1) i hate that song
2) it goes on for too long at the start

jake87385
21-12-2014, 07:49 PM
i don't like it tbh

1) i hate that song
2) it goes on for too long at the start

Edited the start, will upload when I upload the final set of jingles, I only picked the song because it fitted in with the forum and giving away credits.

I am slowly uploading a zip with a range of 'test' files in them, most are basic but still it's something.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!