PDA

View Full Version : VADO TELLS ALL: #HSReturns + A Talk About Fansites

Bloop
19-12-2014, 02:48 PM
You might have known him as Puhekupla's Community Manager, or as an active Habbo player. You might have known him as HabboSphere's General Manager, or from his covers of songs with a Habbo take. But most of all, you would have known him as the founder and owner of site with phenomenal success - a site that provided guides to attain badges - HabboSecrets.
HabboSecrets opened in 2013 and gained a steady number of following over time for it provided secrets that helped the community a great deal with quests and the like. However, following failure to gain official status that year, even though fansites supposedly offering hacking information made the list, HabboSecrets launched an infamous yet highly successful blackout that garnered support from fellow fansite ThisHabbo, and lots of tweets sent in with the hashtag #HSBlackout.
However, while that happened, the site was deleted by a coder, and never returned after the blackout. Vado and HabboSecrets met with a lot of criticism, with lots of accusations of the whole affair being just another attempt to seek attention. Despite rumours that there the site would return, HabboSecrets have remained closed since then.
Over 1 year on, Vado recently announced on Twitter '1.1.15 #HS'. Yes, HS stands for HabboSecrets. And, it is making a comeback on the very first day of 2015.
In this exclusive interview with the man Vado himself, through a series of DMs on Twitter, I have all you want to know about his work with fansites including all the latest updates on HabboSecrets.

Hello Vado, thank you for agreeing to this interview. How are you?
I'm great thanks, just lots of promo and getting ready for the release of the brand new HabboSecrets website! How are you?

I'm good too, thanks. Let's go straight to the point. HabboSecrets is coming back on 1.1.15, and just to quieten naysayers, is it legitimately coming back, and not another move to garner attention yet again?
The times HabboSecrets was supposedly coming back, it really was, but things fell through, even more people betrayed me and every time it was harder and harder to go through all over again. On the 1st of 2015, HabboSecrets is coming back better than ever. We've gone back to our basics and I think a lot of people will be happy not to have the distraction of everything else most fan sites have now-a-days.

You do realize you will be met with a lot of competition, don't you? The current popular HabboQuests, and HabboShire both provide guides. It must be said, like what I wrote about now-defunct HabGab on a client forum, there can only be one site; its survival of the fittest. Up against these fansites, how would you make the new HabboSecrets stand out? What will it have that will attract members?
I think healthy competition is good, but once it gets nasty, then things start getting bad. While HabboSecrets was still up, we had competition, however smaller sites failed because majority people knew about us, they also enjoyed the community feeling they had with HS because that's how we created it. The new HabboSecrets will stand out because we're going "back to basics". A lot of fan sites now-a-days follow the same old "guidelines"that all fan sites have, you know, radio, forum, competitions etc. where as what made us so popular is that we were unique - and that is our goal,
to be as unique as possible, and going back to basics, and not have all of these other features, people will be attracted to that and want to visit.

Why did the announced merge with HabboSecrets and HabboQuests fall out?
A lot of rumours went around when the merge was announced, that I was hungry for fame and that it was just a publicity stunt. This is wrong. I was approached by the HQ team, and they basically just wanted the "HabboSecrets.com" domain name, and if I were to agree to let them use it, I could help own the site, because in Badge's words "you're a good owner". The reason why it fell through, well, you'd really have to ask Badge for that. Shortly, after merging and getting everything sorted, he backed out and just said "he couldn't do it". Still to this day I do not know why.

Do you still hold a grudge against HabboQuests, or the staff that left HabboSecrets for it?
I wouldn't say I hold a grudge against the website itself. I'm glad that there was a website to take our place and provide the community with guides. As for the staff that left me, I still do feel betrayed as I was close with Dolphingirl, and she jumped ship quicker than I've ever seen in my life, and yes, I do feel betrayed.

In a post on your blog (http://vadoblog.com/post/72431623436/what-actually-happened-to-the-infamous), you revealed that you had a rat within your staff which passed the coder chatlogs badmouthing him, prompting him to delete the site. Have you ever found out who was the rat, or have you suspected anyone? What do you have to say to the rat now?
It was later revealed (in my audio podcast) after that blog post that the great man Chris (Riviation) himself had access to my, MY personal Skype and was reading chat logs. Talk about insecure.

Ah yes, did the question before you released the video (which everyone can check out here: http://t.co/IS2HwTATpg). Why did you quit your other Puhekupla job after the whole HabboSecrets' fiasco? What about HabboSphere, your general manager stint post-HabboSecrets? You seem to have a strong dislike for Proms too, as seen by the video of your cover 'Stupid Habbo'. Why?
Puhekupla will always hold a special place in my heart. I left on good terms, however I left because of the inactivity of development and I had held out for as long as I could, but I have so much respect for Mark, the owner of Puhekupla, as he let me be free with what I wanted to do website and competition wise, he let my creativity run free and I felt so happy. Mark and I still talk now, and we both support each other. As for HabboSphere, I felt the site could use my experience with fan sites and graphics, to help it grow, and as Proms and I were good friends at the
time I got on board. I made all of the campaign graphics for Habbo, and helped shape a new layout, which I'm not sure even got used. Close to April 2014, I had to have eye surgery, and as the "Stupid Habbo" video plays out at the beginning, it's exactly how it happened. I was betrayed (again) by a so called friend.

Hope you recovered well! In my opinion, HabboSphere is a feeble excuse of a fansite. It does nothing, be it before or after its brief closure and does not even try to grow a community. HabboSphere really is a pitiful fansite and I'm baffled about how it made it onto the Official Fansites List, when it clearly doesn't deserves it, furthermore when Proms have an illustrious history of being nasty to fellow Habbos, an a sexual preferencefetish for Bondage, Dominance, Sadism and One-Way Gates. Sometimes I do wonder if the fansite was established merely for organisation of official fansite events to spread her cult teachings of the worship of One-Way Gates and fellow associates which includes Long, Tedious, Impossible Mazes and Anguish de la Maze. Which other current official fansites do you feel do not deserve their status?
Well, I mean, that was a tad dramatic (and that's coming from me, the one who created the HS Blackout..) however I do agree with you in some parts,it does not attempt to grow a user base. I'll tell you the real reason why it's official, for one reason only, and that's Proms. She has a belief that she is a good room designer, and the Habbo Staff agree with her, and when it comes to events for the site, she goes all out and makes a big
fancy event, which is the main reason why they are official.

Back to HabboSecrets, what events do you have planned in celebration for its comeback? Where can the community keep up with its updates?
Events and celebration are getting planned this weekend so I can't say for sure yet, however it will be mixed with New Years (obviously, 1.1.15) so it will be a big party. I'm interested to see what the community thinks we should do event wise.

What do you have to say to the people who disapprove of HabboSecrets?
There will always be haters, I'm not phased by it. If anyone disapproves of it, I want to remind them that it's just Habbo Hotel. A game. On the Internet.

Is there anyone who would you like to thank in the process of the old, or revival of HabboSecrets?
I want to thank all of my wonderful staff team that I once had, we were all a family, and loved doing what we did, and I want to bring that spirit back into the new HabboSecrets, that feeling of being in a family working together and having fun. I also want to thank our community, as without them we wouldn't have gotten as big. Also a huge thank you goes out to Vengas who helped shape what HabboSecrets.com was. As for the revival, I want to thank the entire team of ThisHabbo.

All I can say for now about HabboSecrets.com is to expect the unexpected...
Thank you for your time!

That's it from me, folks, hope you enjoyed reading the interview. If you wish to know me, feel free to tweet @hellovado or myself, @habbo_krushgear.

Written by KrushGear for this (habboxforum.com) fab site.
(Reposted on HFFM, HabboKingdom & HabboQuests. Credit me if you would like to repost it on other sites too.)

Thoughts?

Inseriousity.
19-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Hope you recovered well! In my opinion, HabboSphere is a feeble excuse of a fansite. It does nothing, be it before or after its brief closure and does not even try to grow a community. HabboSphere really is a pitiful fansite and I'm baffled about how it made it onto the Official Fansites List, when it clearly doesn't deserves it, furthermore when Proms have an illustrious history of being nasty to fellow Habbos, an a sexual preferencefetish for Bondage, Dominance, Sadism and One-Way Gates. Sometimes I do wonder if the fansite was established merely for organisation of official fansite events to spread her cult teachings of the worship of One-Way Gates and fellow associates which includes Long, Tedious, Impossible Mazes and Anguish de la Maze. Which other current official fansites do you feel do not deserve their status?
Well, I mean, that was a tad dramatic

Understatement of the year LMAO. Was going quite well til you felt the need to go on a rant.
as for vado, get the violins out

Kyle
19-12-2014, 03:25 PM
Can't see a site of this nature doing very well now that badge has had so much success and support with habboquests. habbosecrets went down just before support for fansites began to pick up and now official sites have had almost a year to get their name out their by being involved in events, quests, competitions and such, while habbosecrets has faded into obscurity -- just like vado.

lRhyss
19-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Permission to move this to spam?

o/t: Don't like him, his site or the sites community, reminds me of TH

Bloop
20-12-2014, 01:34 AM
Permission to move this to spam?

o/t: Don't like him, his site or the sites community, reminds me of TH
Yeah I thought so too, that he was a stuck-up ****, but after a brief exchange with him, he seems pretty nice
Hate th tho dk why would vado would thank them ew

DID EVERY1 ENHJOYED MY ARTICLE I thought vado had some rlly interesting stuff thr IM SO PROUD OF MY INTERVIEW if I must say so myself *+*+*+*+*+*

lemons
20-12-2014, 01:37 AM
your rant about habbosphere was really unnecessary

Absently
20-12-2014, 04:05 AM
I actually really enjoyed reading that although my knowledge on other fansites is really not too shape and I don't recognise the name ha. I found your rant hilarious!

Vado
20-12-2014, 07:45 AM
I actually really enjoyed reading that although my knowledge on other fansites is really not too shape and I don't recognise the name ha. I found your rant hilarious!
Glad you liked it :)

Bloop
20-12-2014, 10:54 AM
> I am just interested how HS will make itself stand out from HQ, what will they do differently?
>
> Release full guides or what? Not apply for official?
Vado; :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!