PDA

View Full Version : What's your worst experience on a plane?

scottish
24-12-2014, 02:49 PM
What's your worst experience on a plane?

Shockwave.2CC
24-12-2014, 05:42 PM
When the person in front of you recline their seat all the way back all of a sudden, so you nearly end up head but-tin the seat

Empired
24-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Flying to Italy with a little kid kicking the back of my seat the whole way. I complained its parents but they said it was cute and i needed to cheer up.. complained to the air hostess but she said she couldn't do anything except ask him not to and he ignored her so....

Red
24-12-2014, 08:55 PM
going to lanzarote on jet 2 straight after those plane crashes. The pilot first came on and was like we will be there in two hours, then had to correct himself saying were not going by concord, its going to be 4 hours. Then the air hostess wasn't doing the safety demo right. It was like talking about life jackets and she was doing like air masks and stuff! Felt so on edge.

FlyingJesus
24-12-2014, 10:44 PM
When they ran out of the wine I was drinking so I had to switch

welshcake
25-12-2014, 01:33 AM
When I flew to Uganda there was a woman a few seats back screaming her head off all of a sudden like 'HELP HELP'. Her kid passed out or something.
Then my mother passed out on the plane the last time I was on one. It was a bad experience because it was so embarrassing.

Matt
25-12-2014, 03:02 AM
My brother slipped in our hotel shower before we caught a connecting flight and as we were taxiing onto the runway he projectile vomited everywhere. We got told to get off the plane and were taken away by these people in protective suits. We delayed the flight by 3 hours. Then instead of carrying on to Australia the next day we turned back to England. So we basically had a day trip to Dubai. Worst experience ever... .

LouisBergev
31-12-2014, 06:50 AM
The worst experience of plan was two years ago I was travelling in winter season and the plane was late due to fog. I was
travelling for some urgent work and on the same day a women talking too much was sat next to me.

LouisBergev
14-01-2015, 06:21 AM
For me the worst experience is when a cabin full of people panic when an engine smoked and flamed out.

AgnesIO
16-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Flying to Italy with a little kid kicking the back of my seat the whole way. I complained its parents but they said it was cute and i needed to cheer up.. complained to the air hostess but she said she couldn't do anything except ask him not to and he ignored her so....

I probably (if they parent was in the aisle) would have gone just behind their seat and starting knocking it. They'd soon get the kid to stop.

--

Either a 13 hour delay prior to getting on the flight, or being sick 11 times in 2.5 hours. Tough call.

Futz
16-01-2015, 11:51 AM
I had a little kid kicking the back of chair once

and another time where the guy reclined back onto my lap

James
16-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Only been on a plane twice (to and from spain) and both times were uneventful. Nothing bad happened

Oleh
16-01-2015, 11:50 PM
When prior to boarding, we found of the landing gear barely made it fully out. Then during the flight massive turbulence occurred with flickering lights. Was horrible!

Alkaz
17-01-2015, 12:02 AM
going to lanzarote on jet 2 straight after those plane crashes. The pilot first came on and was like we will be there in two hours, then had to correct himself saying were not going by concord, its going to be 4 hours. Then the air hostess wasn't doing the safety demo right. It was like talking about life jackets and she was doing like air masks and stuff! Felt so on edge.
I was thinking how the hell did it take you 4 hours to get to Lanzarote but then I realised you live in Northern Ireland. haha

Talking of Lanzarote, when I went last year on the way home we were on the last flight of the night and we had just taxied to the start of the runway and we were standing there for an unusually long period of time, considering we were the last flight that night we thought that everything would be clear for us to make a swift exit. But no, the engines kept revving, the lights were flickering on board and we heard the pilot actually turn the plane off and turn it back on. About 5 minutes later he came over the pa system and said that there was a computer error which meant the plane couldn't take off and that we would be taxing back to the terminal. I literally though I was going to have to stay in the airport for the night - anyway, we taxied back to the terminal and half an hour later we were in the sky. It was still a bit scary knowing that there was a computer/electrical fault with the plane and the pilot actually turned the plane off then on again to try and resolve it :l

Apart from that, I was coming back from Venice and we had really bad turbulence. Apart from that, nothing major.

OldLoveSong
17-01-2015, 06:34 AM
I never have bad expiernces thank goodness nd i fly frequently

lawrawrrr
17-01-2015, 11:02 AM
I was once in a plane that hit an air pocket and we dropped 800ft in no time at all. A second of weightlessness! Me and Dad were in the emergency row seats with an air hostess sitting opposite us - I'm usually terrified of even turbulence but I was completely fine, we spent the next few minutes calming this hostess down!

The cabin manager was in the little kitchen bit in the aisle next to me at the time, trying to secure things but he ended up bashing his head on the ceiling as he floated. Said in 28 years he's never experienced a drop like that!

Was quite cool though.

xxMATTGxx
17-01-2015, 11:11 AM
I was thinking how the hell did it take you 4 hours to get to Lanzarote but then I realised you live in Northern Ireland. haha

Talking of Lanzarote, when I went last year on the way home we were on the last flight of the night and we had just taxied to the start of the runway and we were standing there for an unusually long period of time, considering we were the last flight that night we thought that everything would be clear for us to make a swift exit. But no, the engines kept revving, the lights were flickering on board and we heard the pilot actually turn the plane off and turn it back on. About 5 minutes later he came over the pa system and said that there was a computer error which meant the plane couldn't take off and that we would be taxing back to the terminal. I literally though I was going to have to stay in the airport for the night - anyway, we taxied back to the terminal and half an hour later we were in the sky. It was still a bit scary knowing that there was a computer/electrical fault with the plane and the pilot actually turned the plane off then on again to try and resolve it :l

Apart from that, I was coming back from Venice and we had really bad turbulence. Apart from that, nothing major.

4 hours sounds about right for UK to Lanzarote even if she is from Northern Ireland :P

Jssy
17-01-2015, 11:23 AM
nothing bad but nana paid extra with thomas cook for seating together yet we werent seated together.

I was sat next to a very large man as I was on the window side and he needed a seatbelt extender and half way through the flight I really needed a wee but was too ashamed to ask him if he could let me out cos there would have been nowhere for him to move to so I felt awful so I held it in and very nearly pissed myself because we got back to manchester early but had to wait on plane for 30 mins cos someone threw up in the aisle after the plane shook about a bit whilst landing.

Kardan
17-01-2015, 01:10 PM
London to Denver, 35,000 ft above the Atlantic, these red lights near the door start flashing, all of a sudden all the cabin crew go rushing off up the plane, then they're on the phone with the pilots. Then they're all cramming in and around the toilet. Eventually the lights stopped flashing and stuff returned to normal, we never got told what it was. The lights came back on during landing though, and there was a heavy thunderstorm at landing so we had to circle for a bit for the bad weather to pass, so the turbulence coming down to land wasn't good either.

I imagine maybe someone set off the fire alarm in the toilet or something.

nat965
17-03-2017, 09:53 AM
I haven't had too bad plane rides :O
Spilled my drinks a couple times because of turbulence, now I opt for drinks still in the can if ever possible.

despect
17-03-2017, 03:42 PM
Probably when I had to sit next to this huge guy and he was so big that I barely had any room to myself.. what made it worse was that he smelt really bad :/

LUCPIX
17-03-2017, 04:28 PM
Maybe the fact of never being on a plane so far?

But it might be fun thing for our concept of gravity and sanity

despect
17-03-2017, 04:54 PM
Maybe the fact of never being on a plane so far?

But it might be fun thing for our concept of gravity and sanity

You've never been on a plane? :O

LUCPIX
17-03-2017, 05:32 PM
You've never been on a plane? :O

Nooo my life isn't complete hahahahh

what's the feeling of being on it? i went on a rollercoaster once, it must be similar

despect
17-03-2017, 06:06 PM
Nooo my life isn't complete hahahahh

what's the feeling of being on it? i went on a rollercoaster once, it must be similar

When it's taking off it feels like you are on a rollercoaster :O

Brad
17-03-2017, 07:33 PM
Worst experience was going to Shanghai and back. On our way to Shanghai from New Jersey, our plane's air conditioning was broken and was shooting cold air into our plane and we had to make an emergency turn around and we were delayed for 14hrs until our plane was fixed and then on our way back to New Jersey, our plan hit bad turbulence and our plane dropped tremendously that we became airborne and people were screaming and the Stewardess' trolley ended up smashing around. It was so terrible. Lol. Never wanna experience that again.

Catchy
18-03-2017, 03:03 PM
when i flew to corfu years ago we took off but didn't go very high me and my mum kept looking at eachother with suspicion !! anyways the pilot came on said there was some sort of fault but couldn't land back straight away due to a full tank of fuel so had to circle around for hours until it was safe to land then we had to get back on the same plane after they'd fixed it and after a 12hr delay was HORRIFIC. I'm terrified of flying but always just tell myself you have more chance of dying falling down the steps getting onto the plane than in an actual plane crash, i have to get drunk on planes now in able to actually relax lmao

King-Tom
19-03-2017, 08:51 PM
had people throw up all around me and i was like whut u doing m8

despect
21-03-2017, 02:53 PM
had people throw up all around me and i was like whut u doing m8

Thats gross. Was it because of nerves?

Landon
21-03-2017, 03:07 PM
Probably my first time feeling turbulence lmao. OR being told we were going through a storm.

Alkaz
21-03-2017, 04:50 PM
Probably my first time feeling turbulence lmao. OR being told we were going through a storm.
Thats all part of the fun :)

RuthlessSlayer-
14-05-2017, 05:49 PM
When little kids start crying or someone infront of you makes their seat go back.

Charlie
15-05-2017, 11:22 AM
There was really bad turbulence once. I'm a terrible flyer cause I get travel sick so it didn't make me feel any better. My brother was panicking as well, so my dad was trying to calm him down and say it was okay, once we got off the flight my dad admitted he was scared as well. I usually end up throwing up as well, on either take off or landing but travel sickness tablets helped with that on my last flight. My brother also threw up once and my mum wasn't ready with a bag so she caught it in her hands, that wasn't great to witness.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!