PDA

View Full Version : The shop and tokens.

scottish
24-12-2014, 11:12 PM
I think the shop needs a massive overhaul as well as tokens.

First things first, the shop. I'm sure you're able to create cataogires (so it would show under different headings on the shop) this should be put to use. So for example tab 1 could be 'VIP', tab 2 'Habbo', etc.

under each section would have the appropriate items, rather than having everything under the one heading 'Shop'

Within the shop, there's currently 3 things you can buy, credits, VIP or a name change.. there really needs to be more in my opinion.

Some that I've seen elsewhere have been;

Username/VIP Colour
- Add the option of changing your VIP/Username colour (so for example if I have a year of VIP Dodger Blue I can change it to VIP Black)
- I know this is currently done for free depending on the situation, but could be told to refer to shop in future and have to earn tokens to do it.
- Would obviously be a one-off purchase

Usertitle Colour
- Would change your current usertitle to a list of pre-defined colours or you could enter a hex/rgb.
- This would obviously be more for non VIP's, as VIP's have access to the HTML usertitles via the request thread
- Not sure on the time span, if it should just be a 'buy now and have forever' kinda thing or monthly.

Usertitle Change
- Would allow you to change your usertitle to a non HTML message
- This would obviously be more for non VIP/Donators (correct me if I'm wrong, donators can change their usertitle via options, just no HTML?)
- Again, not sure if it should be a one off purchase or monthly.

- Would allow you to purchase larger avatars
- Obviously the size would be pre-defined and wouldn't be something stupid.
- One-off purchase.

Signature Size Change
- Would allow you to purchase larger signature sizes
- One-off purchase.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you can't afford to give out credits don't just have them sitting in there for the looks.

It's become obvious you can't keep up with the demand of credits if you're removing the Sack from sale as well.

If you have the funds to support the shop then have a monthly sale when people will know that there's going to be a stock of gold bars and sacks to purchase, otherwise remove them.

- I believe vBShop comes with a built in lottery feature? So it would probably be easier to do a lottery than a raffle, but both would be good and something that's actually making tokens useful.
- I don't think I need to explain lottery, but basically every week (or month) there would be a lottery draw, the draw prize could be the tokens from every single ticket add 10% or something, or just all tokens from the tickets.

Add icons for everything, ALWAYS.

For name change you could have a gif (if possible) of a name changing, or just have old name above arrow new name or something, be creative. Donator/VIP 3 month needs tokens too.

Is this possible with your version of vBShop or only the Pro version? I'm sure one allowed you to trade points with other members. Would it be possible to enable this if it is on your version, if not explain why so I can counter it :P

I'm not sure if it's just me that sees the amount of tokens given out awfully low? in terms of major events and other stuff.

Firstly, why doesn't competitions give our tokens? They seem to mostly give out weeks/months of VIP, rep and credits.

Do events/HxHD/HxL etc actively give out tokens? if no why not. It's something that would make people actually realize their existence and possibly even start trying to get them.

I've already suggested to Phil; for the forum to start using tokens for the weekly Posting stats for top 5 users (whether it's implemented or not is another question)

Adding on from that, I think the tokens given out should be substantially increased, I can't give an actual average as the only place I've seen tokens given out was the HxL Karaoke, but based on it being a quite large event (in the sense it's over weeks (i'd imagine I've not actually looked) rather than something that's done with and dusted within an hour), top place got 100 tokens, second 75 tokens and third 50.

That's essentially 20 1 word reply posts worth of tokens (or 10 on happy hour) for winning a somewhat large event. It's stupid low don't you think?

On a completely other suggestion, maybe a 18+ forum which allows you to bypass the filter and you have to purchase the password to this forum via tokens (I know there's an item type: forum password in vbShop) not sure if it would be easier to do with password or via a purchasable permission, but still. But I know this will be shot down :P

I put spoilers in midway through writing this so if something's out of place let me know, then I got distracted 3/4 the way through writing it, so again if something doesn't make sense then just ask.

Chris
24-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Santa doesn't visit little boys who aren't in bed by 12, Scott. You better get a move on.

Anyway, some good suggestions here but I'm not sure if everything will be possible due to the limitations of the plugin. I'm sure Phil and Nick will give you a good reply once Christmas is over.

scottish
24-12-2014, 11:22 PM
I'll sleep at like 3am it's all good.

All the presents are on my other bed so I have them anyway ;)

Yeah I'm not sure if you have vBShop Lite or Pro, and what each version limits.

Chris
24-12-2014, 11:41 PM
We have the lite version so we'll be missing some of those features.

Phil
25-12-2014, 12:36 AM
I've read through the suggestions and the reply will be quite long so you may wait until after xmas!!

Happy Christmas ~

e5
25-12-2014, 12:38 AM
Not read all your points but read the first one - the sig/avatar one would be a pain for us mods as we wouldn't know who is entitled to what!! Haha but I definitely think a shop overhaul and additions are a must! :)

scottish
25-12-2014, 12:44 AM
Do you not have access to check what each user has purchased through the shop, or do only admins have that?

Maybe (if that addon doesn't support it) Chippiewill; can make a plugin that shows on the mod CP a list of users who have what in terms of items that'll make a difference to moderation.

So you can simply consult a list if something's oversized etc.

Richie
26-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Categories
Good suggestion, I don't see why this wouldn't be implemented, unless it physically can't be without designing a new plugin.

Items for the pointshop
They definitely need to add more to the shop, I don't think avatar / signature size increases would be good, they're large enough imo.

Credits
Agreed, the shop should be reset monthly rather than have gold bars out of stock for an endless amount of time. If you can't give away at least 10 gold bars in a monthly sale on a continuous basic, remove said item.

Lottery / Raffle
I don't care

Icons
I don't care unless they suggest adding the vanerama builders head as an icon on the forum!! @scottish (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=53890);

Trading
Why would users need to trade points with one another? It'll just turn into people asking others for tokens so they can have the highest amount of tokens on the forum. It isn't necessary. Even if you argue they won't, the whole point of the token scheme is to give back to those who actively participate in events / competitions / other things that better habbox activity.

Chancing my luck
Doubt it'll ever happen, users should ideally just be able to turn the filter on / off like they can do on habbo. Set it as active by default. All is grand! @Phil (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=67954);

Chippiewill
26-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Chancing my luck
Doubt it'll ever happen, users should ideally just be able to turn the filter on / off like they can do on habbo. Set it as active by default. All is grand! @Phil (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=67954);
It would slow down the forum as you'd have to re-filter up-to 40 posts a page. Given the size of the profanity list I don't think this is advisable.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe (if that addon doesn't support it) Chippiewill; can make a plugin that shows on the mod CP a list of users who have what in terms of items that'll make a difference to moderation.
I was planning on making a browser extension to automatically red-flag a user if their dimensions were off.

Inseriousity.
26-12-2014, 05:53 PM
The HxL Karaoke thing was just for the day, I'm assuming cos of the 12 days of christmas event, it was decided to restrict it to the day, which is slightly weird (or it just wasn't advertised very well). The thing about forum prizes is that it should always be more worthwhile to gain them via posting. Yes, 10 rep is low for competitions. there are many people on the forum who could rep you double, triple that but that's how it should be. Similar thing with tokens, it should be easier to gain them through posts than comps/big events. I think we can tell from the achievements system, staff challenges and maybe the christmas challenges thing (haven't really got any indication of how well that did) that no-one gives a toss about tokens as a prize. I imagine that is largely down to the lack of good stuff in there and also am guessing that's the reason the comps department have so far ignored them.

As for trading, I agree with Richie.

As for credits, I think that was added to the shop when there was a lottery so it should be removed really or a better system put in place.

As for the 18+ forum, Habbox is already too 18+, it needs to be encouraging more younger people not isolating itself even more.

Chippiewill
26-12-2014, 05:56 PM
I'm not sure if it's just me that sees the amount of tokens given out awfully low? in terms of major events and other stuff.

Firstly, why doesn't competitions give our tokens? They seem to mostly give out weeks/months of VIP, rep and credits.

Do events/HxHD/HxL etc actively give out tokens? if no why not. It's something that would make people actually realize their existence and possibly even start trying to get them.

I've already suggested to Phil; for the forum to start using tokens for the weekly Posting stats for top 5 users (whether it's implemented or not is another question)

Adding on from that, I think the tokens given out should be substantially increased, I can't give an actual average as the only place I've seen tokens given out was the HxL Karaoke, but based on it being a quite large event (in the sense it's over weeks (i'd imagine I've not actually looked) rather than something that's done with and dusted within an hour), top place got 100 tokens, second 75 tokens and third 50.

That's essentially 20 1 word reply posts worth of tokens (or 10 on happy hour) for winning a somewhat large event. It's stupid low don't you think?
I completely agree, tokens are really tightly controlled, especially in comparison to VIP. Typically when you win tokens you get a few hundred whereas when you win VIP you win AT LEAST 2 weeks, often a month, which is the equivalent of 2000 tokens.

scottish
26-12-2014, 11:29 PM
Categories
Good suggestion, I don't see why this wouldn't be implemented, unless it physically can't be without designing a new plugin.

Items for the pointshop
They definitely need to add more to the shop, I don't think avatar / signature size increases would be good, they're large enough imo.

Credits
Agreed, the shop should be reset monthly rather than have gold bars out of stock for an endless amount of time. If you can't give away at least 10 gold bars in a monthly sale on a continuous basic, remove said item.

Lottery / Raffle
I don't care

Icons
I don't care unless they suggest adding the vanerama builders head as an icon on the forum!! @scottish (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=53890);

Trading
Why would users need to trade points with one another? It'll just turn into people asking others for tokens so they can have the highest amount of tokens on the forum. It isn't necessary. Even if you argue they won't, the whole point of the token scheme is to give back to those who actively participate in events / competitions / other things that better habbox activity.

Chancing my luck

why quote me in my suggestion ;l you mug

And trading them would allow them to be used as prizes for competitions and such (unofficially)

- - - Updated - - -

The HxL Karaoke thing was just for the day, I'm assuming cos of the 12 days of christmas event, it was decided to restrict it to the day, which is slightly weird (or it just wasn't advertised very well). The thing about forum prizes is that it should always be more worthwhile to gain them via posting. Yes, 10 rep is low for competitions. there are many people on the forum who could rep you double, triple that but that's how it should be. Similar thing with tokens, it should be easier to gain them through posts than comps/big events. I think we can tell from the achievements system, staff challenges and maybe the christmas challenges thing (haven't really got any indication of how well that did) that no-one gives a toss about tokens as a prize. I imagine that is largely down to the lack of good stuff in there and also am guessing that's the reason the comps department have so far ignored them.

As for trading, I agree with Richie.

As for credits, I think that was added to the shop when there was a lottery so it should be removed really or a better system put in place.

As for the 18+ forum, Habbox is already too 18+, it needs to be encouraging more younger people not isolating itself even more.

Not sure, I assumed it was over at least a week as that type of thing is something thats open for people to add their songs, then poll it etc

Yes, no-one gives a toss about tokens as a prize because tokens are useless. There's nothing worthwhile to use them for (excluding VIP, which is easier to obtain via other methods).

- - - Updated - - -

I completely agree, tokens are really tightly controlled, especially in comparison to VIP. Typically when you win tokens you get a few hundred whereas when you win VIP you win AT LEAST 2 weeks, often a month, which is the equivalent of 2000 tokens.

Yup, I think we should scrap VIP rewards and reward enough tokens for a fraction of the VIP

For the sake of argument I cba checking shop prices on standard VIP so lets say 3 month = 3000 points, so 1 month = 1000 points

So any event where you'd win 1 week VIP will offer 200 tokens (instead of 250), 2 weeks VIP will offer 400 tokens (instead of 500), kinda thing.

Obviously my estimate is probably well off, so don't pay attention to the actual numbers, just take it as the fraction of the points for VIP.

e5
27-12-2014, 10:29 AM
It would slow down the forum as you'd have to re-filter up-to 40 posts a page. Given the size of the profanity list I don't think this is advisable.

- - - Updated - - -

I was planning on making a browser extension to automatically red-flag a user if their dimensions were off.
I like that idea. :D checking avatars and sigs etc is a stressful time

Sian
27-12-2014, 12:25 PM
I like that idea. :D checking avatars and sigs etc is a stressful time

Smods rarely check themselves...

I like the ideas though, we need more forum stuff to happen, been rather quiet.

Chippiewill
27-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Somewhat helpfully for the demo my signature image is technically limited to 700x150:

http://i.imgur.com/fEP5FG1.jpg

Phil
27-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Hey! Sorry I'm only getting around to this now! I've been spending all of my not in work time with my family over the holidays.

Categories:
I'm sure this can be done but is there much point in doing this until there is more stuff in the shop?

Items for Shop:
Agreed that we need more but the only thing of your list that can really be added is the Username Colour. As you all know I'm always open to suggestions for things that we can put into the shop, would love to have it packed of stuff but only so much is possible.

Credits:
Not my forté as Ihave nothing to do with those but I don't think they should be removed. There just needs to be a way to keep them in the shop. Hopefully whatever the new lotto thing is will help with that. Perhaps the Credits could be more expensive too?

Lotto/Raffle:
I was thinking of doing this but manually. If there's actually a way in vb to do that it can be considered. I don't want to take lime lgiht away from the other lotto though (is there even one idk what's going on with that tbqh)

Icons:
Agreed. I'll request some and see what the Graphics Department comes up with.

Trading:
Why?

Amount of Tokens:
I predict the following:

Not enough Tokes given out > Complain > More tokens are given as prizes > People win larger amount of tokens > Buy VIP in the Shop > Too much VIP given out/too easy to get > Complain

:P

18+ Forum:
Nope.

scottish
27-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Hey! Sorry I'm only getting around to this now! I've been spending all of my not in work time with my family over the holidays.

Categories:
I'm sure this can be done but is there much point in doing this until there is more stuff in the shop?

Yes, it should have been done when you first released the shop (not you, but whoever was manager at the time)

Items for Shop:
Agreed that we need more but the only thing of your list that can really be added is the Username Colour. As you all know I'm always open to suggestions for things that we can put into the shop, would love to have it packed of stuff but only so much is possible.

Every one of them can be added :P Open a thread with suggestions for a week or so and see what others can think of too, but I see no reason why they all can't be added?

Credits:
Not my forté as Ihave nothing to do with those but I don't think they should be removed. There just needs to be a way to keep them in the shop. Hopefully whatever the new lotto thing is will help with that. Perhaps the Credits could be more expensive too?

No, 5000 tokens is approx 500 threads or 1,000 posts. Making it cost more would just make it stupidly expensive for what it is, it should also take VIP into consideration regarding price (i.e. if VIP can be sold for 30c and it costs 2,333 tokens (3 months = 7000), then 50c being 5,000 tokens is a sensible price imho)

Lotto/Raffle:
I was thinking of doing this but manually. If there's actually a way in vb to do that it can be considered. I don't want to take lime lgiht away from the other lotto though (is there even one idk what's going on with that tbqh)

vBShop has the functionality on the lite version (which you have) judging by their website.

Icons:

Please make them transparent too :P

Trading:
Why?

So people/staff can do competitions that dont require GM approval to give away tokens or whatever, and it doesn't end in an Undertaker situation where he gave away like 20k tokens but didn't actually give any away

Amount of Tokens:
I predict the following:

Not enough Tokes given out > Complain > More tokens are given as prizes > People win larger amount of tokens > Buy VIP in the Shop > Too much VIP given out/too easy to get > Complain

:P

The way I see it is VIP is already given out WAY too easily (wasn't there like 30 months of VIP given out per month?) so I don't think the VIP in the shop will ever be an issue compared to the VIP given out by other means.

18+ Forum:
Nope.

Can't say I didn't try

replied in red.

e5
27-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Smods rarely check themselves...

I like the ideas though, we need more forum stuff to happen, been rather quiet.
Is that speaking from experience? :L no. We have to check every time we get a report from a mod or a post report from a user.

Phil
27-12-2014, 09:50 PM
replied in red.

Categories:
Okay

Items:
Usertitle Colour, Usertitle Change, Avatar/Sig Size limit would:

Take away from value of VIP/Donator
They can buy these features by buying VIP/Donator in Shop anyway
Incredibly difficult to Moderate

Credits/Lotto/Icons:
Okay

Trading:
Okay fair suggestion and fyi he did get them taken away.

Amount of Tokens:
But it would still cause an influx in the amount of VIP being around.

scottish
27-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Items:

It wouldn't as it would be larger than VIP limit, could you limit it so only VIP's can purchase something?

Nor would it be difficult to moderate for reasons I've stated in this thread.

Trading
When did he get them taken away? like a month after he done it he still had them and some staff member said he wasn't going to get them removed (possibly Wispur?)

Tokens

Well as I suggest, don't give away VIP give a % of the tokens for the VIP.

So instead of giving away 1 week VIP, give like 500-585 tokens (7000 = 3 month, 2333 per month, 583 per week judging by the current shop prices, so maybe give just a little less like 550)

Phil
27-12-2014, 10:08 PM
Items:

It wouldn't as it would be larger than VIP limit, could you limit it so only VIP's can purchase something?

Trading
When did he get them taken away? like a month after he done it he still had them and some staff member said he wasn't going to get them removed (possibly Wispur?)

Tokens

So instead of giving away 1 week VIP, give like 500-585 tokens (7000 = 3 month, 2333 per month, 583 per week judging by the current shop prices, so maybe give just a little less like 550)

I think you might be able to limit what items are available to what group but I'm not 100% sure I'll have to check it out. All you've said about moderation is Chippie might be able to put a plugin into the modcp which isn't a solution and would still be difficult and time consuming to moderate.

Someone came to me about it and I took them away but as if.

I kinda like the idea about the give token % of VIP away but I'm not sure how other managers, staff, Matthew and members of the community would feel about that.

Sian
27-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Is that speaking from experience? :L no. We have to check every time we get a report from a mod or a post report from a user.

Reading what I typed it seems like a check yourself before you wreck yourself.

But from experience the amount that was supposed to be reported by mods was crazy.

But I wasn't ever an smod either...

e5
28-12-2014, 09:33 AM
Reading what I typed it seems like a check yourself before you wreck yourself.

But from experience the amount that was supposed to be reported by mods was crazy.

But I wasn't ever an smod either...

I don't really get your response. My comment about the smod thing was sarcastic as I know you haven't. Mods mostly report the oversized stuff as that's part of their role and we deal with it. Most don't put sizes and even if they did we have to double check it

Chippiewill
28-12-2014, 09:43 AM
All you've said about moderation is Chippie might be able to put a plugin into the modcp which isn't a solution and would still be difficult and time consuming to moderate.
Considering I've already made a script which will allow moderators to see immediately who's over the limit I'm not sure it would be.

Not really relevant anyway as avatar, signature limits have been experimented with in the past and it was pretty definitively agreed upon as a bad idea to increase them.

Phil
28-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Considering I've already made a script which will allow moderators to see immediately who's over the limit I'm not sure it would be.

Not really relevant anyway as avatar, signature limits have been experimented with in the past and it was pretty definitively agreed upon as a bad idea to increase them.

Yeah I'm not exactly keen on increasing them either. Hypothetically speaking, would all mods have access to this or just those with access to mod cp? If the items that were suggested were all implemented would half the work load for moderators which I'm not keen on either lol

scottish
28-12-2014, 05:16 PM
It would be anyone who installed the extension.

Chippiewill
28-12-2014, 05:19 PM
It would be anyone who installed the extension.

a) It wouldn't
b) I deployed it for all moderators, super moderators and admins a couple of hours ago.

scottish
28-12-2014, 05:21 PM

you lied then

Chippiewill
28-12-2014, 05:23 PM
you lied then

I just changed my mind on how I would deploy it. The Extension would never have worked for everyone anyway.

Phil
28-12-2014, 07:27 PM
I COMPLETELY misunderstood lmao! I thought you had coded something magic who just gave a list of everyone with oversized features lol

scottish
06-01-2015, 10:47 PM
Any updates?

Phil
06-01-2015, 11:00 PM
Addind something new to the shop soon and hope to have the icons added then too

scottish
06-01-2015, 11:16 PM
I forgot what else was discussed in the thread but what about;

Categories?
Credits?
Lottery?
Regarding the change of tokens?

scottish
08-01-2015, 03:22 PM
Right to follow this up again;

I'll quote in the parts that's back and forward as this thread was all over the place due to Christmas being in the center of it.

Put my comments in red as there's loads of text

Categories

First things first, the shop. I'm sure you're able to create cataogires (so it would show under different headings on the shop) this should be put to use. So for example tab 1 could be 'VIP', tab 2 'Habbo', etc.

under each section would have the appropriate items, rather than having everything under the one heading 'Shop'

Yes, it should have been done when you first released the shop (not you, but whoever was manager at the time)

Okay

From what I can see, nothing has been done to introduce new categories?

Items for Shop

Within the shop, there's currently 3 things you can buy, credits, VIP or a name change.. there really needs to be more in my opinion.

Some that I've seen elsewhere have been;

Username/VIP Colour
- Add the option of changing your VIP/Username colour (so for example if I have a year of VIP Dodger Blue I can change it to VIP Black)
- I know this is currently done for free depending on the situation, but could be told to refer to shop in future and have to earn tokens to do it.
- Would obviously be a one-off purchase

Usertitle Colour
- Would change your current usertitle to a list of pre-defined colours or you could enter a hex/rgb.
- This would obviously be more for non VIP's, as VIP's have access to the HTML usertitles via the request thread
- Not sure on the time span, if it should just be a 'buy now and have forever' kinda thing or monthly.

Usertitle Change
- Would allow you to change your usertitle to a non HTML message
- This would obviously be more for non VIP/Donators (correct me if I'm wrong, donators can change their usertitle via options, just no HTML?)
- Again, not sure if it should be a one off purchase or monthly.

- Would allow you to purchase larger avatars
- One-off purchase.

Signature Size Change
- Would allow you to purchase larger signature sizes
- One-off purchase.

Every one of them can be added :P Open a thread with suggestions for a week or so and see what others can think of too, but I see no reason why they all can't be added?

Usertitle Colour, Usertitle Change, Avatar/Sig Size limit would:

Take away from value of VIP/Donator
They can buy these features by buying VIP/Donator in Shop anyway
Incredibly difficult to Moderate

Again, updates? Is anything there going to be added, is anything in general going to be added? are you going to open suggestions for new items or anything to get ideas (such as liaising with competitions to maybe get a competition regarding suggestions for it, damn i'm too good)

Credits

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you can't afford to give out credits don't just have them sitting in there for the looks.

It's become obvious you can't keep up with the demand of credits if you're removing the Sack from sale as well.

If you have the funds to support the shop then have a monthly sale when people will know that there's going to be a stock of gold bars and sacks to purchase, otherwise remove them.

No, 5000 tokens is approx 500 threads or 1,000 posts. Making it cost more would just make it stupidly expensive for what it is, it should also take VIP into consideration regarding price (i.e. if VIP can be sold for 30c and it costs 2,333 tokens (3 months = 7000), then 50c being 5,000 tokens is a sensible price imho)

Okay

How profitable is the lottery? Is it profitable enough to keep up a stable income of credits to support this as well? or are we better off just removing those from the shop and just leaving the 5/10 credits there?

Shonly;

Lotto/Raffle

- I believe vBShop comes with a built in lottery feature? So it would probably be easier to do a lottery than a raffle, but both would be good and something that's actually making tokens useful.
- I don't think I need to explain lottery, but basically every week (or month) there would be a lottery draw, the draw prize could be the tokens from every single ticket add 10% or something, or just all tokens from the tickets.

vBShop has the functionality on the lite version (which you have) judging by their website.

Okay

Anything? is this going ahead, if no why not?

Icons

Add icons for everything, ALWAYS.

For name change you could have a gif (if possible) of a name changing, or just have old name above arrow new name or something, be creative. Donator/VIP 3 month needs tokens too.

Please make them transparent too

Okay

Anything?

Trading

Is this possible with your version of vBShop or only the Pro version? I'm sure one allowed you to trade points with other members. Would it be possible to enable this if it is on your version, if not explain why so I can counter it

Why?

So people/staff can do competitions that dont require GM approval to give away tokens or whatever, and it doesn't end in an Undertaker situation where he gave away like 20k tokens but didn't actually give any away

Okay fair suggestion and fyi he did get them taken away.

Any news on this? is it going to be enabled?

Amount of tokens

I've already suggested to @Phil; for the forum to start using tokens for the weekly Posting stats for top 5 users (whether it's implemented or not is another question)

I predict the following:

The way I see it is VIP is already given out WAY too easily (wasn't there like 30 months of VIP given out per month?) so I don't think the VIP in the shop will ever be an issue compared to the VIP given out by other means.

But it would still cause an influx in the amount of VIP being around.

I kinda like the idea about the give token % of VIP away but I'm not sure how other managers, staff, Matthew and members of the community would feel about that.

Anything? Have you spoken to other managers, GMs, etc and seen what they thought of the idea?

Sho
08-01-2015, 03:54 PM
the lotto alone isn't enough to fund it, no. we get approx 150c per month out of the lotto (that's after taking the 100c prize out) and most of that will go to the managers who have sold tickets since they keep 50%, the rest will definitely not be enough to fund it.

Kyle
08-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Why is lotto said to be "sold out" can you not just add more numbers lol seems a bit thick to cut off funding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Empired
08-01-2015, 04:33 PM
Why is lotto said to be "sold out" can you not just add more numbers lol seems a bit thick to cut off funding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no because the numbers you can roll on a dice only range from 111 to 666 surely? :P

but seeing as habbo doesn't exactly approve why don't we start doing it on the forum anyway and use a random number generator rather than holodice. that means we wouldn't be restricted to 3-digits numbers only using 1 through 6

Lewis
08-01-2015, 04:37 PM
no because the numbers you can roll on a dice only range from 111 to 666 surely? :P

but seeing as habbo doesn't exactly approve why don't we start doing it on the forum anyway and use a random number generator rather than holodice. that means we wouldn't be restricted to 3-digits numbers only using 1 through 6

there are many different methods than the use of dice -- for example the colour wheel (not the wheel of fortune, but that too I guess) and many other things. Plus the use of a random number generator could work, but might bring a lot more distrust among the newer members paying for a ticket.

Empired
08-01-2015, 04:42 PM
there are many different methods than the use of dice -- for example the colour wheel (not the wheel of fortune, but that too I guess) and many other things. Plus the use of a random number generator could work, but might bring a lot more distrust among the newer members paying for a ticket.
Are new users seriously going to be going in for the whole "hey why don't you donate 1c and we'll enter you into our lottery :) :)" thing anyway? No new user will want to "donate" to someone else.

scottish
08-01-2015, 04:43 PM
habbo is live so you can see the numbers as it's rolled

where as if its someone random generating a number they can do it several times and can easily cheat etc

Sho
08-01-2015, 05:04 PM
The numbers will be rolled using the HabboxLive RNG, not a dice. This was decided after the numbers thread was posted (which is why the numbers are only numbers that can be rolled with three dice) and the next numbers thread will be changed to reflect this change. The HabboxLive RNG keeps a record of all numbers that are rolled, including the time and date it was rolled and who rolled it, so if we were to roll it multiple times it would be on record.

Chris
08-01-2015, 06:02 PM
There are not enough funds to support the credits in the shop at the moment, so I've removed them until we can stock them. The lottery won't be able to fund this at the moment.

Tokens trading is a no. I introduced the tokens system so that they could be earned, not traded or sold to other members.

The lottery tickets have been capped at 666 this time but we are planning to increase it for the next draw. We couldn't do it this time as it would be unfair to reduce the odds of winning for the people who have already purchased a ticket. Also, there is no risk of cheating as the HabboxLive panel logs everything so if there is anything fishy going on we will know.

Everything else is down to Phil & Nick.

Reality
08-01-2015, 06:14 PM
I would also like to see the option for larger avatar / signature size. This wouldn't be harder to moderate at all, if you're organised in the department then you're able to make and update a simple Google docs thread.
It doesn't degrade from the Donator/VIP in anyway as they can have expiry dates just like normal Donator/VIP (but shorter so the Doantor/VIP still has value).

I do agree to some extent though that it would be nice to see the categories in place; but I do see where the need for it wasn't and still isn't necessary at the moment.

Phil
09-01-2015, 12:20 AM
Scott believe it or not I'm not going to spend the whole of my holidays updating the forum.

Phil
09-01-2015, 12:43 AM
Categories:
Well it's not necessary now since Forum items are the only things there.

Shop Items
Literally two posts above your long one I said there'll be something new in there soon. As always, I am open to suggestions and that is known.

Lotto/Raffle
In terms of tokens, haven't thought any more about it. But Chris said tokens were brought in for people to earn and not just given and I stand by him.

Icons:
Again, two points up I said I hope to have these in shortly. There is a graphics request currently in for it.

Trading:
No.

Amount of Tokens:
No? I make a decision for my department, that's it. It's not my job for every other department to work how they give out prizes.

scottish
09-01-2015, 01:06 AM
Categories:
Well it's not necessary now since Forum items are the only things there.

Shop Items
Literally two posts above your long one I said there'll be something new in there soon. As always, I am open to suggestions and that is known.

Lotto/Raffle
In terms of tokens, haven't thought any more about it. But Chris said tokens were brought in for people to earn and not just given so will have to see AFTER THE HOLIDAYS.

Icons:
Again, two points up I said I hope to have these in shortly. There is a graphics request currently in for it.

Trading:
No.

Amount of Tokens:
No? I make a decision for my department, that's it. It's not my job for every other department to work how they give out prizes.

Categories
It can still be used to make the shop neater 'VIP' 'Donator' 'Misc' or something for time being until you add more

Shop Items
I know, but there needs to be more than one thing, is there multiple planned or just one, as post implied one. If you can't think of anything like I said open suggestions, liaise with competitions or something, be creative.

Lotto/Raffle
They're 'given' out freely in many places, however this wouldn't be giving them out it would be winning them (similar to a competition, or something else)

Icons
Ok

Trading
No, as in no more news or no it's not being enabled? If no why not

Amount of Tokens
Tokens are a forum implementation so logically it should be you discussing it with others to get it implemented. No-one else is just going to do it.

Phil
09-01-2015, 01:14 AM
Categories:
Seems highly pointless. Might do it for a test just to see how it looks, don't want people thinking things are gone from shop when they're just under a different heading or something lol.

Shop Items:
It is just one thing I'm adding at the moment but it will be recurring as in it will change every month or so.

Trading:
No as in it's not getting enabled. As Chris said, they were implemented to be earned, not given. In the case where Undertaker gave out loads and it wasn't taken off, that's easily sorted, it was a mistake, it didn't happen. If users want to do competitions and give out tokens I'm up for that but they can request transfers by PMing Matthew. Just like it works in the mole.

Amount of Tokens:
Don't you see that it's not just the managers, it's the users too. Like we know people like you doesn't mind just getting tokens because you have a lot of vip. People who enter things specifically to win VIP may not be up for the idea.

scottish
09-01-2015, 01:31 AM
Don't tell me you're gonna add one image per month or something :P (as in thing next to name on VIP)

throw in a bunch so users have choice.

They still do, they get tokens at an equivalent rate as they would get VIP.

So if they're entering for VIP, all they have to do is use the tokens to buy VIP via the shop instead of having it outright.

Phil
09-01-2015, 01:37 AM
Don't tell me you're gonna add one image per month or something :P (as in thing next to name on VIP)

throw in a bunch so users have choice.

They still do, they get tokens at an equivalent rate as they would get VIP.

So if they're entering for VIP, all they have to do is use the tokens to buy VIP via the shop instead of having it outright.

Well we might leave them there for there to be like a collection of them over time and people can just buy when they want be we have to wait until after the competitions first :P

Yes Scott but while that might be a nice idea for you, others might not like it that way.

scottish
09-01-2015, 01:39 AM
Screw the competition, just release a flag for every country now as it was the highest demand wasn't it

then do a poll

Phil
09-01-2015, 01:46 AM
No I will not 'screw' the competition.

As far as I remember the flags were high demand for the post bit section rather than by the username but I could look at getting a few added to the shop to see how they sell and then add more if they're popular & people request particular ones.

Between this and the arcade you're very fond of polls the past few days!

scottish
09-01-2015, 01:50 AM
the original idea was postbit but then it got a lot of support for the flag next to username (hence why we all started wanting icons from what I remember?) iirc

because some stuff makes sense polling and others don't, minor changes don't need them (like cosmetic changes such as piss rep, a 0 capped +/- rep counter, etc) but larger changes that will impact users should be polled as long as an I don't care is added (such as resetting arcade scores, changing rewards to make use of a neglected system, etc).

Phil
09-01-2015, 01:54 AM
the original idea was postbit but then it got a lot of support for the flag next to username (hence why we all started wanting icons from what I remember?) iirc

because some stuff makes sense polling and others don't, minor changes don't need them (like cosmetic changes such as piss rep, a 0 capped +/- rep counter, etc) but larger changes that will impact users should be polled as long as an I don't care is added (such as resetting arcade scores, changing rewards to make use of a neglected system, etc).

Okay I'll ask for some to be made up. I think pixelated might look better than shrunken versions.

Well the arcade one is daft lol. Before posting a poll I'll have a chat with General Management first as ultimately that's a decision that will effect all departments

scottish
09-01-2015, 01:58 AM
It's not but you're entitled to your opinion... this time

Okay I eagerly await updates.

Phil
09-01-2015, 02:01 AM
It's not but you're entitled to your opinion... this time

Okay I eagerly await updates.

WAIT WHAT?! You're allowing someone else to have an opinion on something. You're a changed man. I'll have a few examples of each made and see what I think then.

scottish
09-01-2015, 02:03 AM
and eventually we can have loads of choice for an icon another reason categories need to be added

VIP, Donator, Icons, Misc.

so far

Phil
09-01-2015, 02:06 AM
Once we get a few icons I'll throw in some category tabs

scottish
09-01-2015, 02:15 AM
So to sum this thread up;

Categories
Will be added when Icons are added

Items for pointshop
Adding some icons.
Open a feedback thread or liaise with competitions for more in future

Credits
Been removed

Lottery or Raffle
?

Icons
Flags will soon be added, as well as competition for one

Trading
Can be done through Matthew, still don't understand why we can do it through a staff member (increasing their workload) but not freely

Amount of Tokens
Discuss with (A)GMs then poll (or managers then poll)

Chris
09-01-2015, 11:42 AM
I'm not sure what was misunderstood when I said no trading. Matthew isn't going to be transferring any tokens because trading is not allowed. A competition on the other hand is different and depending on the circumstances we may allow the tokens to be given away.

Inseriousity.
09-01-2015, 12:18 PM
There's evidence to suggest that when there is simply a token prize involved, people are just not interested. I would disagree with this idea.

scottish
09-01-2015, 02:45 PM
There's evidence to suggest that when there is simply a token prize involved, people are just not interested. I would disagree with this idea.

It wouldn't be if they added more VIP (i.e. 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc)

say the price of 1 week is 250 tokens, then instead of '1 week vip', 250 tokens would be given in that place and just ensure they know more about the token store.

everything seems half arsed when it's released these days.

Arcade, Tokens, Achievements, everything fails because it's never been advertised or implemented properly.

So instead of giving out say 380 months of VIP per year and 8000 tokens, we'd now give out like 36800 tokens or whatever, then the users themselves can buy the VIP at a proper price, instead of only having 3 months in the store.

Inseriousity.
09-01-2015, 03:24 PM
There's that saying 'keep it simple, stupid' which I think needs to be applied here. The simpler something is, the easier it is to get people involved. To win tokens that then needs to be converted into VIP is to add an unnecessary extra obstacle to users, which will in turn decrease participation. Credits and VIP tends to be the most popular prizes on offer and using tokens when it's been proven not to provide any motivation to users to aim for would be a mistake.

scottish
09-01-2015, 03:36 PM
where has it been proven to reduce motivation? i'm curious.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!