PDA

View Full Version : Cracked screen - dual monitor?

Kyle
05-01-2015, 07:59 AM
So someone has closed my laptop wit headphones on the keyboard and now the screen has a giant crack down it and nothing is visible on the screen. Since I only have standard warranty that doesn't cover accidental damage I had wondered whether it would be possible to use my other laptop screen somehow with my broken screen keyboard so that I can transfer and back up my files before attempting to take it apart to repair it. If not I do have a tv screen I could connect to it, would that work? I have an essay on my laptop that needs handing in within the next 2 weeks and would prefer to recover it using a makeshift screen than rewrite it entirely. Also, will it be cheaper / easier to fit the screen myself or send it in and risk not getting in back for weeks? Help pls

-Nick
05-01-2015, 08:02 AM
So someone has closed my laptop wit headphones on the keyboard and now the screen has a giant crack down it and nothing is visible on the screen. Since I only have standard warranty that doesn't cover accidental damage I had wondered whether it would be possible to use my other laptop screen somehow with my broken screen keyboard so that I can transfer and back up my files before attempting to take it apart to repair it. If not I do have a tv screen I could connect to it, would that work? I have an essay on my laptop that needs handing in within the next 2 weeks and would prefer to recover it using a makeshift screen than rewrite it entirely. Also, will it be cheaper / easier to fit the screen myself or send it in and risk not getting in back for weeks? Help pls

I believe if you have an HDMI input, you can do it. Not sure what else, I tried hdmi on my Mac and it worked.

Jack!
06-01-2015, 01:18 AM
Plug a mouse and keyboard into it then plug it into your TV and keep using it like a normal computer in the meantime.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!