PDA

View Full Version : Need advice, weird situation

OldLoveSong
15-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Ok sooo 1 of my jobs is workin at a bakery nd ever since ive worked there (since july) theres been this old man in like his 60s/70s that is one of my customers. Hes very friendly but he has a very thick indian accent thats hard to understand at times. At first ithought he was just an old lonely guy but now its gotten to the point where im creeped out. Wenever he comes in hes always like 'oh my sweet sarah im so happy to see u' and he always asks how i am etc. and for my bday he bought me abracelet which was a nice gesture but was a lil odd cuz i dont rly know him. And hes figured out what days i work there and hes always calling me on the work phone askin me if i want him to bring me anythin like a drink or food, and he offers me cigarettes(i dont smoke) and im always like no im okay thanks. Now its gotten rly creepy cuz he said he wants to give me a xmas gift and id he can get my cell number and come drop it off at my house and he called me baby over the phone today and one day he asked me if i drive and i said no not yet and he was like well when u do u can come to my house and ill let u borrow my car ????? Ive told my parents about this guy and i dont tell him any of my personal information obv cuz its not appropriate but its just starting to get creepier ever time i see or hear from him. Im always polite to my customers and i just dont know what to do really its just an awkward situation im in. Help !!!

Thread moved by mdport. (Forum Moderator) from 'Discuss Anything' as it's more suited here!

OldLoveSong
15-01-2015, 09:03 PM
Tldr bein stalked by an old man at my job help

Evanora
15-01-2015, 09:05 PM
he sounds very romanstic why not give him a chance?

sexpot
15-01-2015, 09:09 PM
yeah give him a chance

Samantha
15-01-2015, 09:10 PM
He's harassing you, is there any possibility that you could speak to your managers and consult them on it?

Richie
15-01-2015, 09:12 PM
go for it

FlyingJesus
15-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Excuse me I am not in my 60s/70s

You need to let him know that this is not ok; currently he prob knows it himself but has no reason to stop this behaviour because he's not getting any complaints about it and prob views that as implicit consent to carry on with it. You can be polite but you do need to tell him that you don't think it's appropriate and that you're not comfortable with it whenever something next happens with him. It's prob worth telling your boss too so they know to be on the lookout and make them aware that there's an issue

_HeyyItsHannah_
15-01-2015, 09:19 PM
There is nothing wrong with telling someone to take a step back or telling someone no. You don't and shouldn't have to deal with that. Yes, working in places like that you will get a lot of creeps, but usually those only last for a day or two yes? That's not right. If you are feeling stalked or harassed talk to the police. But, maybe try telling him to just stop? Yes, you have to be nice to your customers, but, there ARE exceptions to situations like this. Not saying you have to go full on ape **** on him but. If he doesn't stop after you talk to him, contact the police if you still feel threatened.

Sharon
15-01-2015, 09:19 PM
this is one of those times where u need to firmly tell him to back the **** off bcos even though he knows what he is doing is weird he won't even consider stopping until told

if you don't wanna say it u should tell ur boss that he's making you feel uncomfortable

Brad
15-01-2015, 09:34 PM
I'd throw a baguette at him. Maybe that'll teach him a lesson.

but on a serious note. This should be brought to your manager. That is super creepy!

Empired
15-01-2015, 10:55 PM
Alert your manager(s) immediately and tell him outright that he is making you uncomfortable (literally: "Please don't do that, it makes me uncomfortable." just something polite but completely to the point). Don't accept ANY gifts he gives you as that could be giving him the wrong impression and don't feel like you have to answer any of his questions or anything just because "he's the customer". If he doesn't stop after that tell your manager and your parents and ask that someone else deals with him whenever he comes into the shop. If he knows what he's doing makes you uncomfortable and he continues anyway that is harassment and the police can get involved if it goes too far.

I have old people in the pharmacy who ask for me every time they come in and some of the really old men (we're talking 90+ here) love to flirt and I feel ok flirting back because it's cute. None of them have ever taken it any further than an innocent joke though so I'm absolutely fine with it.

Kyle
15-01-2015, 10:57 PM
Give the bracelet back if you accepted it (not sure why u would) and leave the country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jssy
15-01-2015, 11:31 PM
I'd tell your manager if they're not already aware sarah because he's crossing the line so much and yes he does sound creepy

Shar
16-01-2015, 05:00 PM
Yikes that does sound really creepy Sarah. Alert your manager and if this continues and you're worried about your safety you might even need to get the police involved but first just see what your manager can do about it. I wouldn't even talk to this guy on the phone anymore, if you happen to answer the phone just cut it really short or give it to a colleague.

Kimmy
17-01-2015, 09:54 PM
I'd throw a baguette at him. Maybe that'll teach him a lesson.

Yeah because "here, old man, have a baguette" is really threatening.

Brad
17-01-2015, 10:01 PM
Yeah because "here, old man, have a baguette" is really threatening.

oh totes. If you had a loaf thrown at your face that was stale. it would hurt.

Kimmy
17-01-2015, 10:03 PM
oh totes. If you had a loaf thrown at your face that was stale. it would hurt.

"I told you not to mess with me, *****!"

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!