PDA

View Full Version : Which generation did you stop playing Pokemon?

Kyle
22-01-2015, 11:26 AM
I think it's safe to say that almost all of us have played Pokemon games at one point of our life or another, be it card games (did anyone actually play them or did you just trade the cards?) game boy games, and online emulators or consoles. Which generation did you stop playing - if indeed you have stopped? And this feels odd asking but I know we have some younger forum members... Which generation did you start? Anybody about that has never even played a Pokemon game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottish
22-01-2015, 11:42 AM
The first I think.. lol

i never got the hype and quite frankly it bored me :(

buttons
22-01-2015, 11:42 AM
after pokemon black i think, you need to buy more consoles to,get the games and I'm too poor. once I finish up uni I'm treating myself to a Nintendo 3ds so I can play more pkmn games

Red
22-01-2015, 11:52 AM
After the first. Didn't bother with it when they added the new pokemon/ gold silver games.
I had the yellow game and I used to collect the stickers and these cards. No one bothered with the other ones here.
http://940ee6dce6677fa01d25-0f55c9129972ac85d6b1f4e703468e6b.r99.cf2.rackcdn.c om/products/pictures/305609.jpg

Nick
22-01-2015, 11:57 AM
I started to play at pokemon fire red and then got pokemon emerald, then diamond then I stopped

Samantha
22-01-2015, 12:17 PM
Started at 1st then stopped, began again at 4th and still play :P.

Reality
22-01-2015, 01:34 PM
I think it was Black or White (think they're the same gen though).

Bloop
22-01-2015, 01:47 PM
i never had a ds cries but i played all the gameboy kinds aye

in fact i will regularly replay it on an emulator on my phone and atm im just about to attempt victory road on fire red

e5
22-01-2015, 01:48 PM
After ruby and sapphire I think

Bloop
22-01-2015, 01:49 PM
on and thr are hacked versions online to download so ive played those diamond/pearl and johto merged into one x)

Kardan
22-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Took a long break after Gen 4 ended, started playing Gen 5 a few months before Gen 6 came out. Still playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and card wise, I actually collect Pokemon cards.

Yupt
22-01-2015, 08:18 PM
leaf green ruby red saphire emerald idk, i remember those ones.

FlyingJesus
22-01-2015, 09:12 PM
After gen 3 because the newer ones needed a DS and I wasn't gonna buy one and there wasn't a decent DS emulator around at the time so I kind of just left it at that. Gold/silver/crystal are the best games anyway

Empired
22-01-2015, 10:31 PM
I played FireRed, Sapphire (my fav of this gen), LeafGreen, Emerald and Ruby but I was quite little then and rubbish. Then I got Pearl and fell in LOVE with the whole thing. I thought Platinum was even better than Pearl with all the extra Battle Tower stuff and I unearthed my old Sapphire etc. games to add to the game. Then came Black and White, right? I played some of Black but was disappointed. I never even finished the game so I didn't bother with Black/White 2.

Then I got X and thought it was even better than Platinum and played it all last Christmas holidays. I got Alpha Sapphire this year and think it's good but not up to the standards of X and Y.

I used to have Pokemon cards but I never had more than 11 and didn't even understand what Pokemon was back then.. I must have been about 6 and just liked them because they were pretty.

Rachel
22-01-2015, 10:46 PM
I mostly had every console they invented to play pokemon or mario. My favorite one is my 3DS whichi I got a mario game with it :). But if they make a console after 3DS I do not think I will continue buying more.

Kellie
22-01-2015, 10:57 PM
I still play it now (h), just hardly ever lala

dbgtz
22-01-2015, 11:34 PM
I played Yellow quite a bit, then onto Crystal which was my favourite. I loved my Dewgong and Suicune mmm. Then I was really excited for FireRed, but when I got it I barely touched it. I became very uninterested in the franchise as a whole. I was tempted to get back into it after seeing adverts for Emerald, but never did. From then until X/Y, I would just hear about new releases without paying much attention. Then X and Y was announced, released etc. and I wasn't that interesting in it until a few people started talking about it and I was tempted to get it, for curiosity and to play with those people. I never did play with them, but I enjoy it very much as a game and I am tempted to get either of the new ones (so I can finally get that Rayquaza Pokemon that captured my interest for Emerald!!) but I have yet to do so. I'm not sure if I will as there's other games I know I will like, but yes that's my Pokemon story. I made this far longer than necessary.

TL;DR Played Yellow, Crystal. Barely touched FireRed. Didn't play any again until X/Y.

Zak
23-01-2015, 11:42 AM
After Pokemon Gold and Silver.

I do have Pokemon X and Y on the 3DS though.

David
23-01-2015, 11:55 AM
started at silver and stopped after i tried black and didn't like it.
because of this thread though i started playing soul silver yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

I started to play at pokemon fire red and then got pokemon emerald, then diamond then I stopped

started at the best one!!

Nick
23-01-2015, 03:28 PM
started at silver and stopped after i tried black and didn't like it.
because of this thread though i started playing soul silver yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

started at the best one!!

Funny thing was that i picked pokemon up randomly and said to my mum i wanted this game not knowing anything about it

Krazybethw
24-01-2015, 06:15 AM
I used to play them on the gameboy but havent since.

Kimmy
24-01-2015, 09:20 PM
After Diamonds and Pearl and stuff for the DS; completed it and lost interest.

A
25-01-2015, 12:39 AM
Going to be honest, i've never actually played it.

davecool656
27-01-2015, 01:26 PM
I stoped playing after pokemon yellow

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!