PDA

View Full Version : Money Matters - Ends 30th January

Martin
24-01-2015, 11:26 PM
http://habbox.com/text/69/Money+Matters

This September I'm going to become a University student, so I've been searching for some tips to help me save and manage my money more efficiently. There are heaps of tips out there, which range from how you physically store your money to how you can cut down on things you might perhaps not need. One suggestion was having a separate bank account for all the bills and another for luxuries.

In this competition I want you to give me some amazing money saving tips that I can use at University which will mean my student loan won't be gone within a few days! The most creative suggestions will win.

Prize: 5 Credits & 15 Rep
Click here (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=812970&p=8255961#post8255961) for more information about prizes

Samantha
25-01-2015, 05:13 PM
One of my work colleagues/friends before university left her job to pack and sort everything out. In the mean time she sorted out all the old things she didn't need or use as you're essentially moving away from home (unless you're commuting). She took to Facebook, other social media sites and places like eBay to sell her old things and made money that way! If you also did this you'd save money from your loan as you could use the money made from selling things first! Also, for supplies you need I would suggest using freecycle sites - these can be found on Facebook and you can see if there's anything you need for university on there such as pots, pans, etc. to save money there!

Cow
25-01-2015, 08:13 PM
Put your money in a location you don't know well then when you find money you will have a lot.

Krazybethw
25-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Scrounge off friends :)

_HeyyItsHannah_
25-01-2015, 09:18 PM
When you are buying food at the grocery store or such, Compare the store brand price to the name brand price by taking the amount of money per ounce and figuring which is cheaper per ounce and comparing them! ex: great value 24 pk bottled water vs. 24 pk Aquafina bottled water

Great Value 27 pk: $9.34
Aquafina 24 pk: $8.99

9.34/27= $0.34 per bottle
8.99/24= $0.37 per bottle

thus, Great value brand is cheaper :D

Also known as unit rate :)

Honor-Branch
27-01-2015, 05:02 PM
stuff it in your underwear

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!