PDA

View Full Version : Making use of forum banners

-:Undertaker:-
26-01-2015, 12:04 PM
Hi,

Yeah so I was thinking and noticed we don't often change our forum banners do we? I use Site Skin 2010 and it's forever been the same banner. I'm sure - and i'll be corrected if wrong - on other Habbo forums in the past they used to make much more use of the banner feature and used it for things like events (Hx Awards?) as well as had the banner rotating with others like every ten seconds? I'm sure I remember that.

If it isn't too hard for HxGraphics, and assuming they don't already have a lot on their plates, couldn't we make more use of the banner at the top of the forum? Perhaps make it more up to date and utilise it for whenever we have something on like the recent Awards.

Just a thought.

Chippiewill
26-01-2015, 12:07 PM
I think some of the really old skins (like space and retro blue) used to rotate the banners.

Inseriousity.
26-01-2015, 12:14 PM
that'd be a good idea. On a similar note, I notice the forum notices are very bland because people complained about the images but I'd personally say tough, that means it got your attention!

Empired
26-01-2015, 12:22 PM
what forum banners? are there any on dojo?

xxMATTGxx
26-01-2015, 12:33 PM
what forum banners? are there any on dojo?

He means the forum logo at he top of the skins.

Empired
26-01-2015, 12:35 PM
He means the forum logo at he top of the skins.
that one that just says HABBOXFORUM??

how are you supposed to advertise using that

Inseriousity.
26-01-2015, 12:37 PM
scroll up. see where it says HABBOXFORUM. the banner behind that ;)

Chippiewill
26-01-2015, 12:40 PM

By changing them to advertise events, so during HxSS you'd have like the team leaders doing leadery stuff. Or during awards you'd have trophies and ****.

The effort involves is massive though as you'd need 10 banners per event.

26-01-2015, 12:49 PM

Older forums managed it years ago, ClubHabbo/ThinkHabbo/HHGS all used to be very centred around events like that.

By changing them to advertise events, so during HxSS you'd have like the team leaders doing leadery stuff. Or during awards you'd have trophies and ****.

Not smaller events, just bigger events just replace or rotate with the permanent banner.

Drew
26-01-2015, 01:09 PM
We're happy to do it if GM wants us to haha

Empired
26-01-2015, 01:13 PM

Couldn't graphics staff work on ones for large events in their own time? Just as side projects whenever the department is looking a little quiet. Wouldn't harm anyone.

xxMATTGxx
26-01-2015, 01:33 PM
Wouldn't it really work on specific skins as well? On some of them it would just look really out of place and bad.

26-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Wouldn't it really work on specific skins as well? On some of them it would just look really out of place and bad.

If sizing is an issue couldn't you just use the smallest size of the skins and on the others just use the forum colour around the image to make up for the extra room?

lawrawrrr
26-01-2015, 02:16 PM
I really like the idea of having different banners but they'd be so skin specific - you couldn't upload them on the non Habbo skins really (unless we did non-Habbo ones I guess), but you'd really have to create about 10 (no idea how many public skins there are) for each event to fit with individual skins.

scottish
26-01-2015, 02:38 PM
As long as non Habbo skins don't get it I couldn't care less, as I don't use any others.

Reality
02-02-2015, 11:14 AM
Think we should wait for V7 V8 first ;)

As of late Graphics have been doing on a lot, for a top secret project that is coming along like wow, so I don't think the banners would be as important on the agenda yet, until this has been completed. As well as that, there have also been various requests by departments with bulk edits/remakes for things (glares at IzzyUhh;), so to make it a side project Empired; isn't really a choice as it would be neglected I would say. Also, we'd first need very specific design plans and colours schemes to make it work for the various Habbo/nonhabbo skins. Like lawrawrrr said, it's much down to the skins type and it's colour scheme that would need to be factored. Lastly, the time scale of this would be fairly big, so seeing it any time soon probably isn't likely, as again like laura's said you'd need at least 10 alts.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!