PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants

-:Undertaker:-
26-01-2015, 01:56 PM
Do you prefer independent restaurants or chains like Nandos or Frankie and Bennie's?

I literally can't stand the chain restaurants and think they're expensive, not all that nice for what you are paying. I went to Nandos once and i've had cheap ASDA chicken that's better, yet the one in Liverpool One is always rammed: I just don't understand it.

Been a few independents/very small 'chains' and absolutely delicious.

You?

MKR&*42
26-01-2015, 01:59 PM
I've never been to Nandos because the queues are always horrifically long every time I go near one. They're building one in Swindon to open this year so I might go to it and see what the fuss is about, might not.

Ive only been to a handful of independent restaurants, it's mainly independent cafés or coffee shops (but I don't buy coffee lmao) that I prefer over chains.

Red
26-01-2015, 02:06 PM
Well my fave is independent or part of a small chain.
The place I went to last night had the most amazing deserts. Had this. It was lush
http://cl.ly/image/0b2t3E3D2S15/Screen%20Shot%202015-01-26%20at%2014.03.28.png

I love nandos though! Pita with chips and spicy rice always.
Frankie and bennies was the most vile meal I ever had. It was disgusting and I would never eat there again.

Kyle
26-01-2015, 03:27 PM
U ate all that wtf fat

Prefer independent as they tend to put more love into the food becaus it isn't just systematic mass production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kimmy
26-01-2015, 03:31 PM
I've never tried Nandos, but it seems so overrated to me.

Would much rather order a Chinese than go to a resturaunt anyway.

Shar
26-01-2015, 03:50 PM
I don't mind small chains/independent restaurant but it has to be credible because I don't want to walk away with food poisoning. I do like big chains though.

Alkaz
26-01-2015, 03:58 PM
Frankie and bennies was the most vile meal I ever had. It was disgusting and I would never eat there again.
I agree with this! I don't mind some chains like weatherspoons, its cheap and cheerful so you know exactly what you're getting. As a whole though I don't tend to eat in chain restaurants unless I'm with friends and even then I will never step foot into Nandos, you have to get your own cutlery and show yourself to your table :LL

Red
26-01-2015, 04:15 PM
U ate all that wtf fat

Prefer independent as they tend to put more love into the food becaus it isn't just systematic mass production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no they cut u off a slice but their portions were huge. I shared one!!

FlyingJesus
26-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Nandos is crap I don't want to pay £8 for a slice of boiled chicken but generally I'm not bothered if places are chains or independent. Little singular cafés are nice for lunch out but I don't purposely avoid places just because they're bigger

Zak
27-01-2015, 11:52 AM
I prefer chain restaurants

davecool656
27-01-2015, 01:06 PM
I dont mind as long as they sell good food

Sho
28-01-2015, 12:37 PM
I like places like wetherspoons
I don't usually go to restaurants, though. I usually eat in little cafes since we have loads of them around here and I prefer them

Chris
28-01-2015, 05:50 PM
I prefer chains but there are a couple of independent places that I love. :D

Matt
29-01-2015, 07:43 PM
Nandos is so overrated! Subway pls

I think I prefer chains because either family or friends have been there and I know what to expect. I suppose I visit chain restaurants more so than independent places so yeah.

Sharon
29-01-2015, 08:13 PM
i tend to go to chain restaurants purely because that's all there is in town centres/trafford centre which is when i eat out

there's a few traditional chinese restaurants my family love

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!