PDA

View Full Version : Betting / Issues

Richie
30-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Do any of you bet often? if so, is it becoming a problem? What was the last bet you won? / Big bet you lost?

I've done some stupid bets in the past five years, won some, lost most. Biggest losing stake was probs 100quid on psg to win, they lost. I've definitely put more into my betting account than I've received but I don't mind that, I like the buzz. These days I'll usually stick to smaller bets and only stake largish bets if I get to the stake by winning, so if i put 10€ on something, it wins, i get 40€, I might lump that on something but I wouldn't ever lodge big amounts into my account.

Then again I do lodge regularly so it all adds up. Looking at my bank statements it really isn't going to look good for future loans etc

Phil
30-01-2015, 11:57 AM
I don't bet very often at all. Last time I bet was at dog races in Waterford, I had never been before, looked up some quick tips and cheats, watch for most of the night, put a few euro here and there and won small amounts. Put a fiver on the last race and won like €120 and it was all because of one of the tips lmao

PaddyPower emailed me a few days ago and apparently I have €20 on my account so I think I'm just gonna bet it on something to see if it wins and then withdraw if it does because I wasn't really missing it so might as well. Dunno what to bet on tho lol

Stephen
30-01-2015, 12:05 PM
I always lose bets but I find that a good thing cos knowing how unlucky I am with them I'll just put little 5 pound bets on every few months or something.. Still lose but at least its only a fiver

FlyingJesus
30-01-2015, 12:07 PM
I hardly ever bet I'm not much of a gambler but got a couple of friends who seem to bet on literally every game with accumulators that come in like once a year and probably don't even offset the amount they put in

Richie
30-01-2015, 12:18 PM
I don't bet very often at all. Last time I bet was at dog races in Waterford, I had never been before, looked up some quick tips and cheats, watch for most of the night, put a few euro here and there and won small amounts. Put a fiver on the last race and won like €120 and it was all because of one of the tips lmao

PaddyPower emailed me a few days ago and apparently I have €20 on my account so I think I'm just gonna bet it on something to see if it wins and then withdraw if it does because I wasn't really missing it so might as well. Dunno what to bet on tho lol

I wish paddypower gave me money :(

I always lose bets but I find that a good thing cos knowing how unlucky I am with them I'll just put little 5 pound bets on every few months or something.. Still lose but at least its only a fiver

I'm the same but still am in a mindset 'if im not in it, i can't win it'

I hardly ever bet I'm not much of a gambler but got a couple of friends who seem to bet on literally every game with accumulators that come in like once a year and probably don't even offset the amount they put in

I'm the same tbh but a fiver here and there isn't much but when you get a large return of like 500quid, even though you could have saved that up, its a great feeling.

some guy on my twitter just did this;

http://i.imgur.com/1nESe8t.jpg

That horse isn't even the favorite.

Samantha
30-01-2015, 12:20 PM
I don't really bet, although I have been to dog races and bet on them. I prefer playing bingo and my recent win on that was £1300

mrwoooooooo
30-01-2015, 12:22 PM
bet365 is the best pls bet with bet365

Richie
30-01-2015, 12:24 PM
I don't really bet, although I have been to dog races and bet on them. I prefer playing bingo and my recent win on that was £1300

http://thinkingofrob.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/wfe-0596.gif?w=1000

omg get the **** out of here

See how you won big, does that not play on your mind 'oh I'm after winning big I want to play again as I might win even more' ?

-:Undertaker:-
30-01-2015, 01:00 PM
I don't bet although I may think about placing some constituency seat bets for the GE if I can be bothered to look at each seat and the demographics.

Kardan
30-01-2015, 01:08 PM
I rarely bet, but everytime I do I pretty much win. There's only been a few times I've actually lost money.

I have a £10 free bet on Leicester beating Man U tomorrow though. If I lose, I don't lose anything, but if I win, that's a free £90.

Richie
30-01-2015, 01:22 PM
I rarely bet, but everytime I do I pretty much win. There's only been a few times I've actually lost money.

I have a £10 free bet on Leicester beating Man U tomorrow though. If I lose, I don't lose anything, but if I win, that's a free £90.

betfred doing man utd to score anytime in that match 6/1 (new users only) http://t.co/eh0z7PnYxL

Leicester is dodgy though :P good luck

FlyingJesus
30-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Think I already took advantage of all the new user bonuses from everyone during the World Cup :P

scottish
30-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Only 'betting' I do is the lottery.

Bookies are rich for a reason. especially if you're stupid enough to keep betting when you win.

Phil
30-01-2015, 04:04 PM
Richie; No it was just left over from last time :P

Jordan
30-01-2015, 05:16 PM
Part of one of my jobs is to go around placing bets to see if I get ID'd. So I do it a few times a month just on small things. Most I've won is £10 ish. But I don't even get betting anyway so I get other people to tell me what to bet on haha.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

scottish
30-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Part of one of my jobs is to go around placing bets to see if I get ID'd. So I do it a few times a month just on small things. Most I've won is £10 ish. But I don't even get betting anyway so I get other people to tell me what to bet on haha.

What's your job :o

Phil
30-01-2015, 05:23 PM

Why, how old are you? D=

Jordan
30-01-2015, 05:27 PM
What's your job :o

Mystery shopping type thing. I do it on the side to my main job for extra money. I get given a list of sites and I visit them and buy the required age restricted item (alcohol, cigarettes, knives etc) and fill out a survey about the visit. I get to keep everything I buy, paid for petrol. They give me about £7-£8 a place so I can buy a cheap brand of whatever and therefore make money and keep the product of you see what I mean.

Lovely stock of alcohol at home at the minute.
Phil; I'm 18! 19 next week.

scottish
30-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Do you look underage? :p

Phil
30-01-2015, 05:33 PM
If you're 18/19 why does it matter fi they don't ask for ID? If they serve you they're not breaking the law?

Jordan
30-01-2015, 05:33 PM
Do you look underage? :p

Borderline, I look around my age yeah. I get asked most of the time.

Jordan
30-01-2015, 05:34 PM
If you're 18/19 why does it matter fi they don't ask for ID? If they serve you they're not breaking the law?

Nooo it's to make sure they are asking people for ID when you look boarder line/underage.

Matthew
30-01-2015, 05:35 PM
I've made one bet in my life.

Randomly bet £2 on red 9 on the roulette machine in william hill as we were walking past and just went "balls to it, red 9"

that was like 2 months ago

Phil
30-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Nooo it's to make sure they are asking people for ID when you look boarder line/underage.

And what happens if they do/don't?

Jordan
30-01-2015, 05:40 PM
And what happens if they do/don't?

If they do ask me for ID then it's fine. If they don't then the company I work for passes it on the manager of the shop I went to.

They shops I visit are signed up to the ID check thing by the way. As it is the law to check ID for people who look under 25.

scottish
30-01-2015, 05:56 PM
He might look a lot younger, and if he gets ID'd it's easier for them to have someone produce a valid ID than run out of the shop :P

- - - Updated - - -

If they do ask me for ID then it's fine. If they don't then the company I work for passes it on the manager of the shop I went to.

They shops I visit are signed up to the ID check thing by the way. As it is the law to check ID for people who look under 25.

is it large supermarkets you visit (like tesco, asda, morrisons, etc) or just corner shops? :P

Jordan
30-01-2015, 05:58 PM
He might look a lot younger, and if he gets ID'd it's easier for them to have someone produce a valid ID than run out of the shop :P

- - - Updated - - -

is it large supermarkets you visit (like tesco, asda, morrisons, etc) or just corner shops? :P

Both large and small :)

Samantha
30-01-2015, 06:02 PM
http://thinkingofrob.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/wfe-0596.gif?w=1000

omg get the **** out of here

See how you won big, does that not play on your mind 'oh I'm after winning big I want to play again as I might win even more' ?

I consider that, but I know when to stop when I'm winning/know my limit. However, I know it can easily go the opposite way.

scottish
30-01-2015, 06:10 PM
I consider that, but I know when to stop when I'm winning/know my limit. However, I know it can easily go the opposite way.

are you an old woman and do bingo irl or just online?

Samantha
30-01-2015, 07:16 PM
are you an old woman and do bingo irl or just online?

No I just play online, haven't been to a proper one since I've been legally allowed to.

scottish
30-01-2015, 07:57 PM
Ah do you think you've profited overall? Lol

FlyingJesus
30-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Betfair just text me with an offer which one of you works for them

Barkseh
30-01-2015, 10:34 PM
I didn't use to be that much, only the odd football accumulator when I was off work on a Saturday. Then I signed up to bet365 and started suite roulettes ect. Now I'd say it's becoming a problem lol. It's too easy!! Never won more than 120 and that was a fruit machine.

Matt
01-02-2015, 03:41 AM
I don't like spending money if there's nothing in it for me LOL. I'll bet with it if it's someone elses money. My luck is generally quite bad anyway and I see how many people waste hundreds of dollars each week on lotto and get nothing back. That's enough to put me off.

Phil
02-02-2015, 01:59 AM
I think I might place a bet on the upcoming 6 Nations (A)

dbgtz
02-02-2015, 11:43 AM
I only ever bet on occasion, no real issue. I think the most I've won is ~£10, so not exactly big money. To be honest, I have more problems with the "scratchcards" on the National Lottery site :P

velvet
02-02-2015, 01:45 PM
i dont gamble
it makes me cringe when i see people from my estate getting drunk and sitting in coral all day

AgnesIO
02-02-2015, 01:49 PM
I used to be a big habbo gambler... must have bet close to 100t over the years.

Made a profit through Habbo, albeit not due to my (generally loss making) gambling.

---

Also occasionally place bets on football. I remember thinking about placing a bet on Man City winning the Premiership in that season where they were set to lose in the last few minutes (meaning Man Utd would win). My dad told me not to be stupid, so I didn't place the bet... fml.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont gamble
it makes me cringe when i see people from my estate getting drunk and sitting in coral all day

Screams of poor working class...

velvet
02-02-2015, 01:58 PM
I used to be a big habbo gambler... must have bet close to 100t over the years.

Made a profit through Habbo, albeit not due to my (generally loss making) gambling.

---

Also occasionally place bets on football. I remember thinking about placing a bet on Man City winning the Premiership in that season where they were set to lose in the last few minutes (meaning Man Utd would win). My dad told me not to be stupid, so I didn't place the bet... fml.

- - - Updated - - -

ye that's what happens when you live on your own lol, can't exactly afford anything else :S

louder
02-02-2015, 04:15 PM

I'm not sure I've seen anything but poor working class & coffin dodgers wasting their remaining years and pensions in the local bookies...

Spending 100t on Habbo doesn't mean you've spent money on gambling lol.
& I'm not sure deciding to not spend money somewhere you don't consider it worthwhile says anything about your class?

Pissweak m8. Piss. Weak.

AgnesIO
02-02-2015, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure I've seen anything but poor working class & coffin dodgers wasting their remaining years and pensions in the local bookies...

Spending 100t on Habbo doesn't mean you've spent money on gambling lol.
& I'm not sure deciding to not spend money somewhere you don't consider it worthwhile says anything about your class?

Pissweak m8. Piss. Weak.

You surely just contradicted yourself...

"Pissweak m8". Also, I did spend some cash in habbo gambling, making it a valid point. "Piss. Weak."

louder
02-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Nah, I said that's all I've seen in the local. Choosing how you spend your money doesn't distinguish your class, in any way shape or form.

Spending money on gambling on Habbo on the other hand just screams virgin.

AgnesIO
02-02-2015, 09:12 PM
Nah, I said that's all I've seen in the local. Choosing how you spend your money doesn't distinguish your class, in any way shape or form.

Spending money on gambling on Habbo on the other hand just screams virgin.

13 year old virgin. Shock!

Shocking troll xx

louder
02-02-2015, 09:21 PM
You joined this forum when you were 5...?

Either way, you'd have a much better chance if you spent your money on steez and drugs and other cool stuff rather than a Habbo gambling addiction. You'll lose it one day mate hang in there.

AgnesIO
02-02-2015, 09:26 PM
You joined this forum when you were 5...?

Either way, you'd have a much better chance if you spent your money on steez and drugs and other cool stuff rather than a Habbo gambling addiction. You'll lose it one day mate hang in there.

If you need help reading you could always get extra lessons x

louder
03-02-2015, 03:01 PM
You said you're 13. So joining in 2007 would have made you 5? :s

AgnesIO
03-02-2015, 06:26 PM
You said you're 13. So joining in 2007 would have made you 5? :s

"I used to be a big habbo gambler..."

You stated someone gambling on habbo must be a virgin, so I pointed out a 13 year old virgin is hardly surprising... and as I *used* to gamble, the indication is I was 13 then I did. **** me, you're hard work.

velvet
03-02-2015, 09:32 PM
salty as ****

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!