PDA

View Full Version : [Building] Royal Opera Theatre

Jendro
23-02-2015, 03:49 AM
Hey guys!

Today I've made another room for my Grand Palace of Habbo collection! As some of you may know, my old theatre has been taken down, so it was time for a new one. Now I live in Paris, the Opera Palais Garnier inspired my to make an Opera theatre!

Feel free to give feedback, because none of my rooms are 'finished' without suggestions for improvement ;)

Cheers,
Jendro

ps. Say :lightson (to get the lights on, surprise) and :lightsoff (to get the lights off, Sherlock). Say :balcony to get up the upper level, and :back to go back down.
http://i.imgur.com/lVyRb2I.png

http://i.imgur.com/dloDhcS.png

http://i.imgur.com/58HypmF.png

Kyle
23-02-2015, 04:15 AM
Looks beautiful and grand :) glad you decided to alter the back area to give it more uniformity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt
23-02-2015, 08:30 AM
What an amazing room. Did you try it without having the huge row that blocks out a majority of the seats in the central area? I can imagine it looking better so you can see all of the seats? You might've already done it and thought it looked a bit boring or something, im not sure. Nevertheless, an incredible room like always.

James
23-02-2015, 10:31 AM
Looks reasonably similar to one of Pairz's rooms, but with so much more detail and quite a bit better. Well done!

Absently
23-02-2015, 11:53 AM
this is absolutely fantastic, such an amazing room! well done :)

Paige.
23-02-2015, 12:27 PM
wow... this is so majestic and well thought out! really love it, great job as usual :D

Bloop
23-02-2015, 12:28 PM
its actually too glaring and bright for my liking, perhaps alternating between the black and red chairs? :O

Edmond
23-02-2015, 09:01 PM
I do really like your choice of furniture for the room, it definitely holds that feel of elegance and luxury.

The only things that I'm not sure about are the top platform - in a theatre the top would just be the ceiling, so having seats up on the top makes it look like a kind of rooftop and I'm not sure that's very fitting. Perhaps if you had higher walls around it, it would suggest an invisible ceiling up and make that top part just look like the highest balcony.

I also wonder if you tried what mdport said? about the big row on the left hand side. I like that you're creating this rounded seating arrangement but it's maybe a little too blocked. I think it's because you wouldn't expect to see what effectively would just be walls (where there are loads of closed curtains) could you open some of the curtains or would it be too difficult to create the illusion of actual floors on those rows?

Sorry if I've not made much sense, been travelling through the night so my heads a bit mushed. And sorry if you think I'm being mean but you gave me feedback when I asked so I'm returning the favour :) you know I love your designs! Awesome job though, really do love the room.

Jendro
23-02-2015, 09:47 PM
Hey guys!

Thanks for the amazing feedback already!!! :)

its actually too glaring and bright for my liking, perhaps alternating between the black and red chairs? :O
I agree with you; especially the :Screenshot version is bright, but that's also because the moodlight effect is not captured. One trick for all room builders; when you build with a lot of contrasting colours, to bring uniformity, character and aesthetic appeal to a room, you can also add a filter to your room. I usually use a slightly yellow mood light effect; or in this case red.

I do really like your choice of furniture for the room, it definitely holds that feel of elegance and luxury.

The only things that I'm not sure about are the top platform - in a theatre the top would just be the ceiling, so having seats up on the top makes it look like a kind of rooftop and I'm not sure that's very fitting. Perhaps if you had higher walls around it, it would suggest an invisible ceiling up and make that top part just look like the highest balcony.

I also wonder if you tried what mdport said? about the big row on the left hand side. I like that you're creating this rounded seating arrangement but it's maybe a little too blocked. I think it's because you wouldn't expect to see what effectively would just be walls (where there are loads of closed curtains) could you open some of the curtains or would it be too difficult to create the illusion of actual floors on those rows?

Sorry if I've not made much sense, been travelling through the night so my heads a bit mushed. And sorry if you think I'm being mean but you gave me feedback when I asked so I'm returning the favour :) you know I love your designs! Awesome job though, really do love the room.

The ceiling bit is hard indeed! I've tried several things (our friend Jellyfish recommended a uniform 'Venetian Divider Back', which I like as well), but realistically it would be nice to have a proper 'ceiling'. I still have to see whether it's possible to make an alternative, or have more chairs behind the initial row of chairs. (Also; normally you would have doors everywhere to gain access to the logés, etc.).

If only the curtains were longer, I would have decided to open some, and add some more visibility. The thing is; when we open the curtains right now;you'll see the division of the lower curtain; which is ugly.
Either way, it's unique, so I'll be keeping it like this for now (... ok, you got me, it's just a lousy reason to save some more chairs as well ;P)

Again, thanks a lot! Keep on coming with the ideas!

Scotesh
27-02-2015, 09:57 PM
Good use of furni and stacking but I have a slight problem with the chairs in the middle.
It looks a bit full but it's a good reflection of an opera house.
Well done!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!