PDA

View Full Version : Radio Stats on the Forum????

ItsMeerken
04-03-2015, 02:12 AM
Since when was this a thing, you've added in the radio stats to the forum, Alot of people had asked for it but i didnt think you would do it, If it's been there all this time i feel like a right noob :L

Bloop
04-03-2015, 03:11 AM
where? !!Undead!!;

Nick
04-03-2015, 03:13 AM
There has been radio stats on the forum from when I first registered in 2010 and probably been there before I registered but they were taken down because of bugs or a new skin I don't actually know but it didn't work properly. Chris looked at it and enabled it for a bit but he must have turned it of.

ItsMeerken
04-03-2015, 03:40 AM
bottom of the main page bloop

Rachel
04-03-2015, 06:11 AM
When I joined Habbox in 2011, it was there at the bottom of the page(forum). Tho it has been suggested a few times but I don't think they are considering to put it back but I am not sure.

Calum0812
04-03-2015, 08:03 AM
Radio stats - fine
A radio - not fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxMATTGxx
04-03-2015, 08:39 AM
The radio stats are nothing new if you've been here a while. Not sure if the plugin has some what magically been fixed as I swear it broke due to vBulletin and PHP upgrades.

Chippiewill
04-03-2015, 08:41 AM
Someone disabled it. Chris re-enabled it.

xxMATTGxx
04-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Someone disabled it. Chris re-enabled it.

If it's still enabled then it doesn't work for everyone.. even with your new toggle option.

Chippiewill
04-03-2015, 11:00 AM
Hmm, looks like something's happened to it. Chris was talking about moving it up to the top.

ItsMeerken
04-03-2015, 11:05 AM
I genuinely never noticed it xD

Nick
04-03-2015, 11:10 AM
where would it fit in at the top

ItsMeerken
04-03-2015, 11:17 AM
where would it fit in at the top

Put it below the Adverts or above it? or on the header? like the right hand side of it :) Habbox on the left and stats on the far right :) could you get the radio on it but muted so people can listen if they want to through the forum by turning it up?

Nick
04-03-2015, 11:27 AM
Put it below the Adverts or above it? or on the header? like the right hand side of it :) Habbox on the left and stats on the far right :) could you get the radio on it but muted so people can listen if they want to through the forum by turning it up?

If it would be to go on the side they may as well add forum blocks on which are ugly though. Not disagreeing that it shouldn't be at the top but i'd be turning it of.

Bloop
04-03-2015, 12:24 PM
!!Undead!!; i dnt see it? :(

can sm1 post a ss as im genuinely interested in the stats

scottish
04-03-2015, 12:32 PM
leave it where it is, 99% of forum have no interest in the radio it shouldn't be forced upon people.

xxMATTGxx
04-03-2015, 02:21 PM
It wouldn't work at the top, and if you also keep all the notices up (like I do) then that is going to look like a mess.

Chris
04-03-2015, 06:27 PM
That was kind of the point of the toggle options in usercp. Either way, something seems to be a bit wrong with it at the moment.

Lindsey
04-03-2015, 08:03 PM
I think its fine where it is. I agree with Scott, not all forum members are interested in the radio.

Kyle
04-03-2015, 08:18 PM
Disagree with it being fine where it is considering the amt of forum users saying that they don't already listen to the radio. Nobody scrolls to the bottom, very few people scroll at all. Use your advertising space more wisely. It's not a case of forcing the radio on anybody, it's a case of making its existence known more widely.

scottish
04-03-2015, 08:20 PM
Disagree with it being fine where it is considering the amt of forum users saying that they don't already listen to the radio. Nobody scrolls to the bottom, very few people scroll at all. Use your advertising space more wisely. It's not a case of forcing the radio on anybody, it's a case of making its existence known more widely.

Pissing them off having a big bit about the radio isn't going to make people think "ohhh I'm going to listen to the radio!". The habboxlive tab at the top makes it known, and I doubt anyone on hxf doesn't know of hxl's existence, they just don't care.

Kyle
04-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Pissing them off having a big bit about the radio isn't going to make people think "ohhh I'm going to listen to the radio!". The habboxlive tab at the top makes it known, and I doubt anyone on hxf doesn't know of hxl's existence, they just don't care.

It can be redesigned so it isn't big but still has info about the radio but I wholeheartedly disagree that it won't make people tune in if it (or something equally more enticing than just the word "habboxlive") is placed in a better location. People don't necessarily need to care about the radio to be susceptible to better placed hooks and ultimately tune in more regularly than they normally would.

despect
04-03-2015, 08:35 PM
When I first joined the Forum in 2009 the radio stats on the Forum was there and when it went I often wondered where it went. I think it's nice to have it displayed on the Forum, I don't think its forcing it on anyone at all. I say leave it where it is. It's not exactly in the way :P.

Chris
04-03-2015, 08:41 PM
The plugin allows for it to be placed in a custom location. I havent actually tried it, but it might be possible to put it in the header where there is tonnes of blank space.

Also for those saying its intrusive, that is exactly why I asked Will to add a toggle on and off function!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!