PDA

View Full Version : Homeless people

thms
17-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Do you give change/money to homeless people if you're walking past them? Even if they don't ask do you?

I do if I have loose change, I did it today ~~

Kyle
17-03-2015, 04:10 PM
always if they ask. never if they don't - could just be an unkempt person having a rest. asking for money shows they are willing to at least do something about their situation so should be rewarded!

Danny
17-03-2015, 04:13 PM
I wouldn't nowadays, some are genuine and need the money but I know people who ask for money and are just after some cash for their next drugs hit.

FlyingJesus
17-03-2015, 04:17 PM
Nope but I do give to and support the local homeless charity so I know that the money is going towards actual upkeep and help rather than singular purchases of whatever they next happen to see

scottish
17-03-2015, 04:47 PM
I don't, as majority of druggies.

Narnat,
17-03-2015, 04:52 PM
I donate to charities but I don't give change to individuals just because there are so may that aren't genuine but what I have done before is gave a man a gift card for food just because I sometimes feel that if I gave them money it may go towards habits that they might have!

Empired
17-03-2015, 04:57 PM
I never give them money. I offer to buy them a coffee or something rather than offering money because I don't want them spending it on drugs or alcohol. A surprisingly small amount of them actually accept my offer for coffee or a sandwich.

Absently
17-03-2015, 05:17 PM
there's so many homeless people here, they are literally everywhere. they're constantly asking for money and i honestly just don't feel comfortable giving them it incase it's just going towards some habits they may have..

-:Undertaker:-
17-03-2015, 05:20 PM
I don't, as majority of druggies.

This.

I'm also fed up of druggy mongs coming up to me asking me for spare change for the "bus" yeah rightttttt.

dbgtz
17-03-2015, 05:21 PM
Nope, I will just ignore them if they outright ask me. There was actually a "homeless" girl who appeared outside my local Asda recently. I say "homeless" due to the fact she had very clean clothes and what seemed like fairly pricey glasses so even if she was homeless, it was probably very recent by her own accord. So there's an element of trust I lack in beggars, but also I just think it's rude to just ask for money. Perhaps if they spoke to me like a human rather than a cash point, then I'd feel more inclined.

Kellie
17-03-2015, 06:17 PM
If I'm honest I don't think I've ever walked past a homeless person unless when I was little. But it depends I guess

Martin
17-03-2015, 06:30 PM
Only if they have a dog with them and I always say its for the dog xD

thms
17-03-2015, 08:13 PM
the one I gave to today had a sleeping bag and it was so sad, I couldn't say no and was considering doing it before he asked anyway :( felt bad for him

welshcake
18-03-2015, 01:45 AM
I rarely do because I rarely see any homeless people.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!