PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Help If scammed| Scam busters

ITSMEPRANK1
12-09-2005, 03:41 PM
There are 4 types of scams scambusters can help with they are
Furni Scams

Cloning/Double Your Furni Scams

Scammers will claim that they can double or tripple your furni and all you have to do is drop it in their room or trade it to them. NO-ONE can double, or triple furni it is IMPOSSIBLE no matter what the Habbo says, they are trying to trick you into giving them your furni. They will say things like; "if you put it in my room I will double it" or tell you trade it to them and click accept 6 times as they have a code or some program that will double it. It doesn't matter what method they use they are trying to scam you. If you see ANYONE offering to double, clone or triple furni send a call for help to alert an on-duty Hobba.

Password Scams
Tell Me Your Password For Free Credits Scam
If a Habbo claims they can give you free Credits in return for your password they are scamming. If someone asks for your password you can be sure that they want it for the wrong reasons. No Habbo has the power to give out free Habbo Credits (not even Hobbas).

These scammers use your password to sign into Habbo Hotel as you. Then they can steal your furni, spend your Habbo Credits and even pretend to be you when they talk to your friends. They might even change your Habbo password, so you won't be able to get your Habbo back.

Email Scams
Password Request Emails
Some scammers will send emails to anyone who's email address they know in an attempt to gather passwords. If you receive an email that appears to be from Habbo asking for your Habbo name and password then it is a scam email and you should delete it immediately. Habbo Staff will NEVER email you asking for your password, we don't need to know it!

Phone Scams
When you call the Credits line you have to enter a code, the code is our way of making sure the Credits you buy go to the right account. Every A scammer might claim that they have a special code and when you enter it you will be given your free Credits, BUT the number they tell you to ring is the Habbo Credits Line & the 'code' they give you is their own Habbo Credits Code. You will be charged for the Credits but they will go in the scammers purse and your parents might not be too happy when the phone bill comes and they see that you have been buying credits without asking.

If you see anyone trying to fool other Habbos with this scam, you should send a call for help and alert on-duty Hobba

here are a few main ones i have picked out above and tips what to do if you see any1 or trys to biggrin.gif

TY ITSMEPRANK1 and to get more info go to [below you]
http://www.habbohotel.co.uk/habbo/en/help/scam

alexxxxx
12-09-2005, 04:52 PM
+REP Yh - err no... we all know

ITSMEPRANK1
13-09-2005, 03:30 PM
o thankz mate some habbo's don't

Lysine
13-09-2005, 03:53 PM
nice
:P

ITSMEPRANK1
15-09-2005, 12:37 PM
ty mate :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!