PDA

View Full Version : Community Rewards

AgnesIO
20-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Seems like a good idea, hope the scheme works well. Particularly good idea regarding the group posting targets.

Thoughts on the scheme?

scottish
20-03-2015, 05:53 PM
'unlock a new skin' does this mean re-enable one of the old skins

or is there actually going to be new skins made.

Chris
20-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Seems like a good idea, hope the scheme works well. Particularly good idea regarding the group posting targets.

Thoughts on the scheme?

Thank you :)

'unlock a new skin' does this mean re-enable one of the old skins

or is there actually going to be new skins made.

Either made or downloaded. The skins could be voted for even.

David
20-03-2015, 06:00 PM
Thank you :)

Either made or downloaded. The skins could be voted for even.

by downloaded do you mean basic free ones or will you pay for one

- - - Updated - - -

and by made do you mean a crappy recolor

lRhyss
20-03-2015, 06:08 PM

- - - Updated - - -

If felix is still a site coder, Chris will probably get him to make one - Pretty sure he did v7's

o/t: good idea

xxMATTGxx
20-03-2015, 06:09 PM
Chris is buying one out of his back pocket. As I have now posted this - He has to do it!

scottish
20-03-2015, 06:13 PM
http://themeforest.net/item/paragon-a-vbulletin-4-suite-theme/4884888

its cheap

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.purevb.com/product/socialize-vbulletin-skin/

its cheap too and looks gr8

http://demo.purevb.com/vb4/forum.php?styleid=98 demo

David
20-03-2015, 06:19 PM
think i have an older version of that second one somewhere tbh

if chris still has the psd i gave him he should get that coded first :¬:

Chris
20-03-2015, 06:21 PM

- - - Updated - - -

No recolours :P

Chris is buying one out of his back pocket. As I have now posted this - He has to do it!

Matt is going to jump off a cliff. AS IVE SAID IT HE HAS TO DO IT NOW! :l

think i have an older version of that second one somewhere tbh

if chris still has the psd i gave him he should get that coded first :¬:

I've got that somewhere yeah :P

scottish
20-03-2015, 06:28 PM
buy the 2 I posted

Reality
20-03-2015, 06:32 PM
I like the integration of public rewards for people's efforts as well as personal rewards, very nice idea but is it just me missing the main detail of how many "points" etc need to be obtained to "unlock" these new features?

Inseriousity.
20-03-2015, 06:35 PM
Sounds like something Habbo did. A nice little addition to things like Happy Hour although the rewards don't appeal to me. Site Skin 2010 ftw :P

Chris
20-03-2015, 06:39 PM
I like the integration of public rewards for people's efforts as well as personal rewards, very nice idea but is it just me missing the main detail of how many "points" etc need to be obtained to "unlock" these new features?

The actual task threads will tell you that information. :) One will be posted this weekend.

Sounds like something Habbo did. A nice little addition to things like Happy Hour although the rewards don't appeal to me. Site Skin 2010 ftw :P

Any ideas for rewards that would interest you? One of the original rewards was to increase the lottery fund, but of course we can't even do the lottery anymore. :(

Inseriousity.
20-03-2015, 06:48 PM
less hours in hxhd lmaoooo
oh wait that might be tricky

David
20-03-2015, 06:49 PM
I've got that somewhere yeah :P

when can we expect it's release (A)(A)(A)(A)

Reality
20-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Wispur;

* ) Free number of "x" name changes
* ) Additional Avatar & signature W x L (and byte) size.
* ) Entry to a selected team of persons choosing (such as they can choose a team they want for things like HxSS).
* ) Minor credit prizes 5, 15, 20 etc.
* ) No Questions asked 2 week absence from dept (with prior notice away start and end, like usual but with no reason needed).
* ) Less or fewer minimums required in a department.
* ) Winners choosing of an event to be hosted in client.

scottish
20-03-2015, 06:56 PM
Wispur;

* ) Additional Avatar & signature W x L (and byte) size. Makes things awkward for smods etc who have to deal with that and it begins to look ugly when avatars get too big
* ) Entry to a selected team of persons choosing (such as they can choose a team they want for things like HxSS). They already can enter a team of their choosing unless that team gets full, only staff can't
* ) No Questions asked 2 week absence from dept (with prior notice away start and end, like usual but with no reason needed). If they want to disappear for 2 weeks from a dept without any questions asked then it's time they resign
* ) Less or fewer minimums required in a department. Again, they're there for a reason it shouldn't be a reward to not have to do your job

red

Reality
20-03-2015, 07:03 PM
* ) Additional Avatar & signature W x L (and byte) size. Makes things awkward for smods etc who have to deal with that and it begins to look ugly when avatars get too big ~ Why would it make it difficult, it's automatically flagged anyway by the system, so the same can be applied for this. The size of which I didn't specify as I know size in this case (I know I know), would matter as something's can look bad; but mainly the byte size of .gif could be increased instead of the Width and Length and keeping the W x L the same instead?

xxMATTGxx
20-03-2015, 07:15 PM
How big are you thinking here in terms of file size? At the moment the rule is 1.5MB

Calum0812
20-03-2015, 07:19 PM
~ Why would it make it difficult, it's automatically flagged anyway by the system, so the same can be applied for this. The size of which I didn't specify as I know size in this case (I know I know), would matter as something's can look bad; but mainly the byte size of .gif could be increased instead of the Width and Length and keeping the W x L the same instead?
The automatic system is awful because 90% of the time it doesn't pick up on incorrect file sizes and dimensions for whatever reason (sorry Chippie haha) as I imagine it's quite complicated, especially when people have multiple permission groups.
We don't have access to the Admin CP either which, I imagine, is where most of the information relating to points and stuff will be tracked.

Reality
20-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Ok so think about this.

Why not, add a usergroup to the forum such as "posting scheme" which is controlled by a group admin which can approve and disapprove the requests, this usergroup is set with a "new" version of the current automated system, this would therefore have a bigger "x" set byte with the new usergroup (along with the same W X L) they've entered into, and they're taken off the old. The new system, (by the same group admin who entered them into the usergroup) overrides the default automated system(along with W X L as this would be the same on the "new") and sets them to the "new" version of the automated system...?

j0rd
20-03-2015, 07:28 PM
i kinda like this idea

what about something with the forum name icons. like someone can design one that doesn't follow a theme like the competitions, and it runs for the 2 weeks or whatever?

Kardan
20-03-2015, 08:41 PM
Ok so think about this.

Why not, add a usergroup to the forum such as "posting scheme" which is controlled by a group admin which can approve and disapprove the requests, this usergroup is set with a "new" version of the current automated system, this would therefore have a bigger "x" set byte with the new usergroup (along with the same W X L) they've entered into, and they're taken off the old. The new system, (by the same group admin who entered them into the usergroup) overrides the default automated system(along with W X L as this would be the same on the "new") and sets them to the "new" version of the automated system...?

Can we not try to devalue VIP any more (if that's even possible) by making it so you don't need VIP for the best size limits?

AgnesIO
20-03-2015, 08:43 PM
@Wispur (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=55895);

* ) Additional Avatar & signature W x L (and byte) size.
* ) Entry to a selected team of persons choosing (such as they can choose a team they want for things like HxSS).
* ) No Questions asked 2 week absence from dept (with prior notice away start and end, like usual but with no reason needed).
* ) Less or fewer minimums required in a department.

Don't think you quite understand the point in a "Community Reward Scheme". Everything you've posted is individual.

Reality
20-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Don't think you quite understand the point in a "Community Reward Scheme". Everything you've posted is individual.

I guess the words "Feedback" & "Ideas" you don't quite understand either?

Can we not try to devalue VIP any more (if that's even possible) by making it so you don't need VIP for the best size limits?

Also, Kardan your point baffle's me if it's not already referring to the way in which a new VIP+ has now just been bought out as well...?! The size limits regarding general width and length I have no current problem with, I just think a possible increase in .gif animated sizes were that bit higher.

Nick
20-03-2015, 09:22 PM
If we get a skin can it not be dark cause i hate dark skins

Chris
20-03-2015, 09:35 PM

There would be a poll, Nick :P

Nick
20-03-2015, 09:36 PM
There would be a poll, Nick :P

Oh right

Kardan
20-03-2015, 09:42 PM
I guess the words "Feedback" & "Ideas" you don't quite understand either?

Also, Kardan your point baffle's me if it's not already referring to the way in which a new VIP+ has now just been bought out as well...?! The size limits regarding general width and length I have no current problem with, I just think a possible increase in .gif animated sizes were that bit higher.

VIP+ has existed for years, hasn't it?

scottish
20-03-2015, 09:45 PM

There is no place on this forum for racists.

UnrealGoffEmo
20-03-2015, 09:52 PM

Thoughts on the scheme?

Sounds a great idea

It'd be cool to know more about it though .... please!

Phil
20-03-2015, 10:01 PM
i kinda like this idea

what about something with the forum name icons. like someone can design one that doesn't follow a theme like the competitions, and it runs for the 2 weeks or whatever?

Was thinking of adding the option in the shop to design your own that you can have for a certain amount of time

VIP+ has existed for years, hasn't it?

It left AGES ago and Chippie has recently set it up again.

Nick
20-03-2015, 10:22 PM
There is no place on this forum for racists.

too bad!! time for a light skin ;l

j0rd
21-03-2015, 10:48 AM
a skin without habboxforum at the top would be nice

Nick
21-03-2015, 10:50 AM
a skin without habboxforum at the top would be nice

avenger has no habbox forum logo but i think it needs a bit of tweaking with profile fields tho + its missing some css

j0rd
21-03-2015, 10:53 AM
ok good
pull your finger out who ever is sorting it

Alkaz
21-03-2015, 01:34 PM
Sounds good to have some more community awards and rewards.

Empired
21-03-2015, 02:24 PM
ffs I want new site skins but it also pains me to leave the Dojo
we've become such good friends

Nick
22-03-2015, 06:33 AM
ffs I want new site skins but it also pains me to leave the Dojo
we've become such good friends

theres a new site skin being made

AgnesIO
23-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Wispur may I ask what the maths was to decide on 478 posts per day? :)

Chris
23-03-2015, 11:14 PM
Wispur may I ask what the maths was to decide on 478 posts per day? :)

The mean average for 3 days of last week :P

AgnesIO
23-03-2015, 11:21 PM
The mean average for 3 days of last week :P

Makes sense :P

scottish
24-03-2015, 12:26 AM
should have done the week before that

or the average of 3 days last week and 3 days week prior

as everyone was posting to get 100 posts last week

also what's this that only the top people will be getting vip for weekly posting stats? Phil;

the one week the system is actually working and encouraging people to post to get the vip you're going to change it and remove it?

AgnesIO
24-03-2015, 12:31 AM

also what's this that only the top people will be getting vip for weekly posting stats? @Phil (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=67954);

the one week the system is actually working and encouraging people to post to get the vip you're going to change it and remove it?

I did think this :P 100 post pact mk2? :P

Phil
24-03-2015, 12:44 PM

also what's this that only the top people will be getting vip for weekly posting stats? Phil;

Everyone should be posting to get 100 posts every week ;)

Yeah I'm going to have to do some sort of cut off or I'll br giving out likr 4-5 months of VIP every week which can't happen. This is to stop people reaching 100 posts in the first few days and then give up posting, this way there will be a bit of competition.

scottish
24-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Everyone should be posting to get 100 posts every week ;)

Yeah I'm going to have to do some sort of cut off or I'll br giving out likr 4-5 months of VIP every week which can't happen. This is to stop people reaching 100 posts in the first few days and then give up posting, this way there will be a bit of competition.

So the first week the system has worked to actually increase posting you want to basically remove it?

Obviously if people made a pact to post 100 times then it'll boost forum activity, this isn't going to happen every single week.

I'm pretty sure at this point last week a few people had 100 posts already, now everyone's at a fraction of that.

Phil
24-03-2015, 12:51 PM
So the first week the system has worked to actually increase posting you want to basically remove it?

Obviously if people made a pact to post 100 times then it'll boost forum activity, this isn't going to happen every single week.

I'm pretty sure at this point last week a few people had 100 posts already, now everyone's at a fraction of that.

What worked this week was a number of people made a pact to post 100 times and it worked. Scott you are the very person that has before said that too much VIP is getting handed out and now you are against it?

scottish
24-03-2015, 12:55 PM
What worked this week was a number of people made a pact to post 100 times and it worked. Scott you are the very person that has before said that too much VIP is getting handed out and now you are against it?

I'm not against it, if it proves to be consistent.

If they make a pact one week then 20 weeks after that they don't, then I don't see the need to urgently change it.

If over say 4 consecutive weeks it happens and you're giving out 5 months of VIP per week fair enough, but not the first time it happens, especially when everyone knows they posts were made as part of a pact.

Phil
24-03-2015, 12:59 PM
I'm not against it, if it proves to be consistent.

If they make a pact one week then 20 weeks after that they don't, then I don't see the need to urgently change it.

If over say 4 consecutive weeks it happens and you're giving out 5 months of VIP per week fair enough, but not the first time it happens, especially when everyone knows they posts were made as part of a pact.

Okay well I'll leave it for this week and see how we get on but I am going to be adding something for the Top Poster.

scottish
24-03-2015, 01:00 PM
Get graphics to make some icon and the top poster will get it for a week.

A trophy or something would do.

Phil
24-03-2015, 01:03 PM
I have something already. Graphics just finished it and I will be adding it later or tomorrow and announcing it thereafter.

scottish
24-03-2015, 01:05 PM
Maybe even have a 2nd and 3rd too (assuming the top one says 1/1st) if you want to encourage competitiveness

Chris
24-03-2015, 05:36 PM
Oi, take your posting stat chat to your own thread! Anyway yeah, you'll have to do another 100 post pact to win!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!