PDA

View Full Version : Cities Skylines

dbgtz
21-03-2015, 12:23 AM
Anybody bought this game recently? What are your thoughts on it? How do you compare it to any Sim City?

David
21-03-2015, 12:50 AM
no. been watching michaelalfox play it though, he knows his **** with city planning.

GommeInc
21-03-2015, 03:10 PM
Bought it the day after it came out - definitely worth buying. It would be an insult to the producers to liken it to SimCity as that monstrosity EA brought out pales in comparison to Cities Skyline. There's a reason people call Cities Skyline what SimCity should have been :P It's also 1/3 of the price of SimCity but with many times more features. Definitely worth buying.

Chris
21-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Yeah Ive got it and it's quite good. Ive got into a bit of a mess with traffic issues though.

dbgtz
21-03-2015, 03:23 PM
Yeah a big problem that annoys me with traffic is emergency services don't get right of way and I can't see that being fixed. Hopefully the stupid AI gets fixed.

-:Undertaker:-
21-03-2015, 08:21 PM
I might buy.

I am into SimCity 5 atm.

lemons
21-03-2015, 08:25 PM
Just watched some vids and it looks really good I'm going to get it

I play Sims City 4 and 5 a lot as well

dbgtz
21-03-2015, 09:24 PM
I might buy.

I am into SimCity 5 atm.

Just watched some vids and it looks really good I'm going to get it

I play Sims City 4 and 5 a lot as well

I'll just say it essentially plays very much like less ****** Sim City 2013 and it's worth the investment if you like Sim City. The only thing it has over Skylines is a day/night cycle, though you can download a badly modded one if you wanted.

AgnesIO
22-03-2015, 12:54 AM
Gutted I've read this thread. This looks exactly like the game I was hoping for with Sim City. Very tempted.

GommeInc
22-03-2015, 10:10 AM
Gutted I've read this thread. This looks exactly like the game I was hoping for with Sim City. Very tempted.
It's only £22.99. SimCity at release was around £45 and unlike SimCity, Cities Skylines worked from the start.

Cities are also larger and expandable. Traffic seems to actually work unlike the path-finding issues in SimCity. The only issue is that when you begin having heavy traffic your emergency vehicles may have problems getting through, although most of the time this can be solved by updating the roads to make them more modern or making new roads to alleviate the problems (as is realistically expected).

I have no idea if SimCity has a proper public transport and policy/tax system like Cities Skylines, but Skylines has some pretty good public transport, budget, policy and tax systems in place. These can also help with traffic issues.

AgnesIO
22-03-2015, 11:05 AM
It's only £22.99. SimCity at release was around £45 and unlike SimCity, Cities Skylines worked from the start.

Cities are also larger and expandable. Traffic seems to actually work unlike the path-finding issues in SimCity. The only issue is that when you begin having heavy traffic your emergency vehicles may have problems getting through, although most of the time this can be solved by updating the roads to make them more modern or making new roads to alleviate the problems (as is realistically expected).

I have no idea if SimCity has a proper public transport and policy/tax system like Cities Skylines, but Skylines has some pretty good public transport, budget, policy and tax systems in place. These can also help with traffic issues.

It's not the price I'm upset about, it's the fact that at some point I actually have to do some work for my degree :L

I think Sim City had a tax system, albeit very basic.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/cities-skylines-deluxe-edition-pc-cd-key?mw_aref=4589656

Available for <15 pounds at CD Keys at the moment.

scottish
22-03-2015, 12:35 PM
you can get it on G2A for less than £12 normal or £14 deluxe (or a lot cheaper from other buyers)

Cody
22-03-2015, 12:57 PM
This game was very well designed imo, It awesome watching LIRIK play it and it sold me on pre-ordering it!

Chippiewill
22-03-2015, 03:40 PM
I've been playing it. It's basically Sim City 5 except they optimised it properly and you have more control over stuff like roads and utilities.

Cody
22-03-2015, 04:38 PM
I've been playing it. It's basically Sim City 5 except they optimised it properly and you have more control over stuff like roads and utilities.

I think it's interesting how they hand over the utilities and control of expanding the roads to you, makes you more involved with your own town!

erodar
24-03-2015, 09:09 AM
It's not the price I'm upset about, it's the fact that at some point I actually have to do some work for my degree :L

I think Sim City had a tax system, albeit very basic.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/cities-skylines-deluxe-edition-pc-cd-key?mw_aref=4589656

Available for <15 pounds at CD Keys at the moment.

I´ve found it from 10,67 pounds at this comparator site (cdkeyscom is the 4º cheapest) https://gocdkeys.com/compare-prices/digital-download/cities-skylines-cd-key

AutoRapidz
27-03-2015, 01:54 AM
I bought this like 4 hours ago, not played it much as busy but its alright.

The Don
27-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Love the game even if all my cities are terrible. Well worth the £20 price tag.

Mr-Trainor
27-03-2015, 06:54 PM
I've never been in to city builders before (but I had played CIM2 and loved it), but I've actually enjoyed playing this game :P.

-:Undertaker:-
28-03-2015, 01:46 AM
I would be tempted but all the problems(?) people are saying about SC5 on here I don't really notice as I just use the cheat codes. :P

Sho
31-03-2015, 11:04 AM
I bought this yesterday, I'm excited to play wooo

Meanies
31-03-2015, 12:09 PM
It's definitely what sim city failed to be. Love the new road controls and that if you upgrade a road to a larger size the buildings just rebuild around it rather than dezone. Not played with then fully yet but the policies look very interesting and being able to expand your city as you feel ready is great

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!