PDA

View Full Version : Habbo, and it's journey.

AlfAlfa
22-03-2015, 08:14 PM
I'm quite new to the forum, I only made an account to express how I feel towards Habbo, back then and at this moment in time.

I joined Habbo in late 2008, it was brilliant back then! My friend was playing it and I asked what the game was
called, and she said ''Habbo Hotel'' And I replied ''Hobo hotel?'' ( True story. ) But anyway that is how I discovered Habbo.

I loved playing it, I would be up all night going to events and game rooms, meeting new people and making friends, I loved to go to the public rooms, the rooftop cafe was my favorite, it was all good back then, there wasn't as much kids playing back then, I would say the age group I was around was at least 14 to at least 25, but children we'rent really a problem, it's just it was much, how do I say this; Mature, back then.

I quit eventually back in 2011, as I found other games I enjoyed! I still play other games but, I eventually came back! I made a new account in late 2013, it changed so much! Everyone had terrible grammar and spelling, I would expect them to be at least 8 or 9 years old, all the public rooms where gone, it made me heart broken as Habbo was a small part of my childhood and still is.

I ended up never coming back, but until my friend told me about how Habbo has gone to crap, so I decided to check it out another time, see what was new, it was so hard to find my way around, everything was different, this made me really sad, I actually stayed to see it go to crap myself, and I have so far.

What do you guys think about the new Habbo? The new layout?

If you had a time machine, what Habbo year would you go to? I would go back to 2006, (Looked great.)

Thank you.

Thread moved by Yet (Forum Moderator): from "Discuss Anything", as I feel it is more suited here.

Samantha
24-03-2015, 04:30 AM
The new Habbo is terribly glitchy, well the page is where everything is and the security is massively flawed. If you log in on ex.Habbo.com you're actually told when you are logged on from another machine, browser or IP address, but unfortunately on the new one you are not. You are just told you have been disconnected, you can only tell if you have been banned if it gets stuck on 87% and frankly they've released a half done site currently. Half of the features that are key to security haven't been transferred over including character changing yet the buttons are still available on Client, but you can't use them. It's not the worst, but it's definitely not the best and it seems user's opinions weren't thought of. Oh and if you are logged on from another machine, browser or IP then you aren't even logged out if the other one, hackers are going to have a field day if an account lock isn't on (which again is glitchy.

I remember a couple of years back Habbo wanted to try make everything happen on the Client, so we got all the games, profiles, groups, etc. all on the Client and now it seems they have just done a huge leap back for nothing. They also wanted to be a gaming platform, yet a year ago they removed all their games and for what? We haven't had anything new to replace that other than Habbo Stories which is rather biased and of course that is now based not on Client, but on the page you're logged into.

I'm a bit indifferent on Habbo at the moment, only time will tell if it's a good or bad change.

Bloop
24-03-2015, 08:26 AM
mm that was a nice read

i agree habbo is crap atm too much unneeded, unwanted changes. but if u ask do i miss the old habbo? in some sense, yes, but generally no. we have new stuff like wired, we have new furni, campaigns are **** but i think more importantly sulake is making an effort. it could and should be a greater effort, but oh well we really cant expect much. we will soon get used to the new layout, trust me i have had many problems with it but in a way its more interactive and still feedback channels are open, though limited where u can get ur thoughts across. (btw u can tweet @sulakedominic to get to macklebee directly and mostly he will lend a helping hand)

and honestly public rooms are back already stop complaining jesus chrisT

and im 16 with terrible grammar and spelling. its a social networking site fgs. u meet terrible people, u meet nice people. looking at habbo back then i dont miss it much

change is always constant and rather than jumping on the bandwagon whining about what habbo have removed, what about embracing what has been added

-:Undertaker:-
06-04-2015, 04:28 PM
I can't stand the new Habbo.

2005, 2006 and 2007. Those were the days.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!