View Full Version : If you were facing the death penalty or execution...

-:Undertaker:-
26-03-2015, 05:42 AM
If you were facing the death penalty or execution, which method do you think you would choose?

- Hanging
- Gulliotine
- Lethal injection
- Firing squad
- Electric chair
- Gas chamber

Obviously you think of the pain that one may bring (even though that is unlikely) so that influences you. I think if I were sentenced via the death penalty in HM Courts properly then I would pick hanging as although it's not my preferred method it is the English way and more civilised so that for political and cultural reasons. In terms of execution (say if I were captured by the enemy in a war) and the one that I think would be easiest but is more 'rogue' its the military style of execution by firing squad.

How about you?

Nick
26-03-2015, 08:09 AM
Firing squad and get shot

Oddy
26-03-2015, 08:14 AM
I would choose hanging i think.

Alkaz
26-03-2015, 08:18 AM
Firing line >< lethal injection.

Empired
26-03-2015, 08:22 AM
Lethal injection. I'd rather die like falling asleep.

Chris
26-03-2015, 12:50 PM
This is pretty grim. I think a firing squad as that would be quite quick. Mind you, you can't get much quicker than having your head cut off so maybe that [emoji14]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

David
26-03-2015, 01:37 PM
bring on the firing squad

This is pretty grim. I think a firing squad as that would be quite quick. Mind you, you can't get much quicker than having your head cut off so maybe that [emoji14]

unless you're last in line and the blade's blunt

Inseriousity.
26-03-2015, 02:04 PM
APPEAL, APPEAL, APPEAL.
LOL

lethal injection sounds the least painful although there are those horror stories where it hasnt worked.

LMAO omg just read the OP in full. "Well, darling, the lethal injection sounds less painful but I want to be civilised and British" gosh Dan, don't change

The Don
26-03-2015, 02:16 PM
APPEAL, APPEAL, APPEAL.
LOL

lethal injection sounds the least painful although there are those horror stories where it hasnt worked.

LMAO omg just read the OP in full. "Well, darling, the lethal injection sounds less painful but I want to be civilised and British" gosh Dan, don't change

Lmao! In what world is hanging someone from the gallows more 'civilised' than a lethal injection?

And to answer the terribly morbid question, i'd pick lethal injection.

Cody
26-03-2015, 02:27 PM
I'm going to have to go with lethal injection because it sounds like an instant death!

welshcake
26-03-2015, 03:32 PM
With a firing squad, only one person has a bullet in their gun and they will all shoot so you could be there for a few seconds hearing blanks before getting shot that be awks. Y'all prob heard the stories about lethal injection where apparently it hurts really bad and that woman woke up in surgery or something and had a similar thing injected into her because she was having an op and she said it hurt bad idk boring yawn. Watching a documentary about the most humane way though and they came down to gas. Not a gas chamber like but gas.

Kellie
26-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Lethal injection. I'd rather die like falling asleep.

I agree with Charlie lol. The lethal injection!!!

Lewis
26-03-2015, 05:08 PM
Firing squad, that sounds like the quickest and least painful way to go. My second choice would be the electric chair.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with Charlie lol. The lethal injection!!!

I don't think the lethal injection is as simple as that. I'm sure I was told by someone that first you go into a paralysis, not a sleep, your lungs collapse and you go through horrific pain until you die about seven minutes later.

Perhaps I was misinformed though.

David
26-03-2015, 05:38 PM
With a firing squad, only one person has a bullet in their gun and they will all shoot so you could be there for a few seconds hearing blanks before getting shot that be awks.

unless they're deliberately ******* with you, they'd all shoot at the same time. no waiting.

Kellie
26-03-2015, 05:58 PM
Firing squad, that sounds like the quickest and least painful way to go. My second choice would be the electric chair.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think the lethal injection is as simple as that. I'm sure I was told by someone that first you go into a paralysis, not a sleep, your lungs collapse and you go through horrific pain until you die about seven minutes later.

Oh my, I know by films I've watched they start shaking like crazy as if they were having a fit then just die. Of course can't just go by films. Either way I think I'd still choose lethal injection (a)

Becca
26-03-2015, 06:19 PM
you're all wimps
throw me on the electric chair *******

lRhyss
26-03-2015, 06:54 PM

You do know you can stay conscious for like 5 seconds afterwords? :P

Injection though, painless and quick

Chris
26-03-2015, 07:15 PM
You do know you can stay conscious for like 5 seconds afterwords? :P

Injection though, painless and quick

Yeah I heard that but would you even feel pain at that point idk.

lRhyss
26-03-2015, 07:25 PM
Yeah I heard that but would you even feel pain at that point idk.
Receptors are in your brain + phantom limbs... So maybe?

I'm not an expert so I dunno haha

Martin
26-03-2015, 07:42 PM
idk, in scary movie a girl had her head chopped off by a killer and was able to carry on talking and everything so it obviously didn't killer her straight away omg!

I would go for a combination of all of them, be hung in an electric chair whilst being gassed and shot at having been given a lethal injection just before and then being guillotined afterwards just for the fun of it.

Probably being shot (provided it's in the head or something) would be one of the quickest?

AgnesIO
26-03-2015, 08:05 PM
You'd pick hanging because it is the traditional English way? Jesus christ.

Probably firing squad for me, seems quick.

Richie
26-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Lethal Injection

-:Undertaker:-
27-03-2015, 12:06 AM
Lmao! In what world is hanging someone from the gallows more 'civilised' than a lethal injection?

And to answer the terribly morbid question, i'd pick lethal injection.

You'd pick hanging because it is the traditional English way? Jesus christ.

Probably firing squad for me, seems quick.

It is. You think about it and a lethal injection is slow and very much geared towards a 'show' in American style with a panel watching, whilst the gallows are quick, painless and bloodless even if because it is associated with the neck it comes across as nasty. It's very civilised compared with many other methods. I would prefer firing squad I guess, but that reminds me of and is associated with a military show-trial. Plus it is brutal and may not be painless.

I think a lot depends on what circumstances you find yourself in. If Islamic State or some tinpot country for example tried me under corrupt courts and sent me to the gallows rather than firing squad - that'd be their PR in trying to come across civilised when they are not. I'd rather be executed under their true character.

Empired
27-03-2015, 08:33 AM

- - - Updated - - -

But what about when you're putting a pet to sleep? When that happened to one of my cats they injected him, there was a wait of about 5 seconds and then he just shut his eyes. That was it.

idk, in scary movie a girl had her head chopped off by a killer and was able to carry on talking and everything so it obviously didn't killer her straight away omg!

I would go for a combination of all of them, be hung in an electric chair whilst being gassed and shot at having been given a lethal injection just before and then being guillotined afterwards just for the fun of it.

Probably being shot (provided it's in the head or something) would be one of the quickest?
Martin just a heads up scary movie isnt a factually or scientifically accurate film ok

Also how can you be hanged from a chair, surely the whole point of being hanged is there is nothing to support you. and how can you be shot and gassed at the same time ;l surely the gunman would die too then ;l YOU CLEARLY HAVEN'T THOUGHT THIS THROUGH

AND being shot in the head is not always quick. Some people who have attempted to commit suicide lie for hours after shooting themselves in the head bleeding to death because the skull is strong as **** and so the bullet ricochets off slightly and doesn't hit the brain

nat965
20-07-2017, 07:19 AM
I'd have to go with lethal injection.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!