PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in souls?

Lewis
30-03-2015, 04:24 PM
Since someone just posted a reincarnation thread, I thought I'd post this: do you believe in souls?

Whether it's for a religious purpose (such as heaven/hell) or not is a different question. It could for said religious purposes, reincarnation or anything really that is religious or not religious.

I believe it is possible that souls or something similar exists within living things, but that to me doesn't necessarily mean it's to do with a god or religion.

Inseriousity.
30-03-2015, 04:32 PM
Nope. Its properties just don't really add up if you think about it. Reincarnation for instance. A soul transfers from one living thing to the next. It does not remember its past lives but how much of the person that's created is new? As people usually refer to a soul as the essence of a living thing, how much of what a person does is nothing to do with learning via experience but dictated by the essence of a soul that was not originally theirs.

-:Undertaker:-
30-03-2015, 05:23 PM
I do, yes.

As I said in the other thread, I believe in Heaven and Hell and believe upon death you (now a soul) are judged and either rewarded or punished.

And if i'm wrong? Well i'll never know, will I?

David
30-03-2015, 05:26 PM
no, i don't

Cody
31-03-2015, 11:39 AM
I do as well, I also believe in heaven and hell, however I won't find out until death!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sian
31-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Nope. Our brains are one hell of a muscle so any of the properties souls pertain to have is all in the brain.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!