PDA

View Full Version : HxF snapshot: Who are you *leaning* towards voting this May? [anonymous poll]

-:Undertaker:-
30-03-2015, 10:44 PM
So the General Election in the United Kingdom is approaching and we'll just see what HxF opinion is like at this early stage of the campaign. Earlier today the Prime Minister David Cameron went to Her Majesty the Queen to dissolve parliament and trigger a General Election.

The poll is anonymous, and even if you haven't made up your mind and are just leaning towards a party then do vote.

I realise this could be in the Current Affairs forum but we wouldn't have as many replies as well as the fact this isn't to debate or anything, just to see where HxF opinion as a whole is even roughly at this moment in time. Hence why it's anonymous: nobody can bite eachothers heads off. :P

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBXVa5MXIAA2Gj3.jpg

Above are those taking part in the leaders debate on Thursday of this week, and in that order of who is standing next to who.

Apart from who you are leaning towards voting, do you think the leaders debates will help sway you or not?

dbgtz
30-03-2015, 10:52 PM
I'm going to be adding a box and voting myself, a candidate of the DW Party unless I'm convinced otherwise.

sexpot
30-03-2015, 11:08 PM
sinn fein

lemons
30-03-2015, 11:14 PM
looking forward to the debate!

i also watched the conservative free speech thing on bbc3 last week and they used LUISA ZISSMAN as one of the people to speak for the tories?!? she was humiliated

MKR&*42
30-03-2015, 11:33 PM
Oh oh oh I'm gonna get my head bitten off probably, I am leaning more towards Liberal Democrats than most other parties.

I am glad you in the US are voting Sinn Fein Emily :/

sexpot
30-03-2015, 11:45 PM
Oh oh oh I'm gonna get my head bitten off probably, I am leaning more towards Liberal Democrats than most other parties.

thanks

Sharon
31-03-2015, 12:06 AM
labourrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kyle
31-03-2015, 12:10 AM
Labour til I die. Hopefully milliband is assassinated though.

dbgtz
31-03-2015, 12:19 AM
What's up with people and Labour Sharon; Kyle; @Whoever else

Inseriousity.
31-03-2015, 12:25 AM
Not a clue. Strong reasons not to vote for them, not many strong reasons to vote for them.
I'm voting independent candidate in the mayoral election we also have here. that one was much easier to choose cos he actually bloody says something!

Martin
31-03-2015, 12:55 AM

You blates just fancy a bit of Cleggy!

I'm leaning towards labour because of massively reduced uni fees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKR&*42
31-03-2015, 01:07 AM

Tbh out of every politican Clegg is the best looking.

FlyingJesus
31-03-2015, 01:44 AM
Gonna be another hung parliament, more stupid deals that benefit no-one, more unrest and broken promises until we do it all again in a few years and everyone just shouts lots.

Sticking with blue because it's a nice colour and frankly if anyone in the entire universe is actually a lizard like the conspiracy theorists think then it's Milliband isn't it I mean I would have bullied him so hard at school and he'd have kept asking if he could sit with us at lunch while we took his yoghurt and said we'd think about it every day, Clegg would be the one who no-one really cares about one way or another and maybe you shake his hand at the end of the year if you see him but most of the time you don't remember he exists, then Farage is the kid who thinks he's popular because we all clap and cheer when he goes on a rant but really we just do it because it gives us an extra 10 minutes of not doing any work while the teachers try to calm people down. Cameron's not exactly the prom king but he's there and it seems to have been ok most of the time and I'm not dead so whatever you let him get on with it and just hope that things don't change too much because everything seems like a lot of effort. God help us if high school ever ends.

Mark
31-03-2015, 02:31 AM
David Cameron and the Conservatives

31-03-2015, 03:59 AM
I'm voting Ukip, although tactically given it's going to be either Labour or Conservative as the main party of government I want Labour to win more seats than the Tories for purely tactical reasons. Indeed, I have thought to myself that if I lived in a crucial Con-Lab swing seat I would consider voting Labour (and have to really really hold my nose) just to block the Tories from winning another seat of which every single one matters in a hung parliament.

My thinking is this... if Labour have a small majority, or have to go into Coalition with the SNP - then the usual will happen as it does under every Labour government and they'll bankrupt the country and really bring it to it's knees. But the fact is that sometimes you need that for a proper right wing government to come in, you need it to get so bad that it really sinks in to people.. just like it did in 1979 when Margaret Thatcher's Conservatives were elected.

If Labour get in, as I hope, just think as to where the northern working class vote is going to go to in 2020. It won't be Conservative. Think Scotland recently. ;)

Kardan
31-03-2015, 10:30 AM

If that's your only reason you should vote Greens who want to scrap tuition fees whereas Labour want to reduce them to 'only' £6,000.

As for me, I'm going for Labour.

Zelda
31-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Voting for green's personally. All my friends/family etc are too.

Empired
31-03-2015, 04:09 PM
I'm not voting. I only just turned 18, don't know that much about politics, and can't seem to decide the least terrible out of the bunch anyway. Not even sure if there is a least terrible.

Aiden
31-03-2015, 05:01 PM
If I could vote I'd go with Labour. Probably not the best in hindsight but it's only four years, right?

31-03-2015, 05:03 PM
If I could vote I'd go with Labour. Probably not the best in hindsight but it's only four years, right?

Never underestimate the damage politicians in general can do in just four years or less. :P

FlyingJesus
31-03-2015, 06:59 PM
Tut tut Dan, wanting to massively damage the country on purpose for your own gains

31-03-2015, 10:10 PM
Tut tut Dan, wanting to massively damage the country on purpose for your own gains

Country is on the same trajectory with either of them, just Labour usually excel in incompetence so they'll bring about the inevitable faster.

I love my country which is why I want to see these two rotten parties punished by their electorate who for far too long have been far too loyal.

dbgtz
01-04-2015, 12:15 AM

Fixed term parliaments - 5 years :)

iBlueBox
01-04-2015, 12:26 AM
I want to vote Green, but I really don't want the conservative to get a majority,

so the next party values I believe most in are Labour so I'm going to vote them.

FlyingJesus
01-04-2015, 12:43 AM
Any time I see people say they want to vote Green I have wonder whether they've ever really read what the party wants, it's baffling

MKR&*42
01-04-2015, 12:50 AM
Any time I see people say they want to vote Green I have wonder whether they've ever really read what the party wants, it's baffling

Based on this, I doubt it:

http://i.imgur.com/8OPKd1u.png

05-04-2015, 12:23 AM
I wonder if any have changed since the Leaders Debates?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!