PDA

View Full Version : action plan

Bloop
01-04-2015, 12:17 PM
hi guys im back again pls be nice

anyway i think inseriousity. made a really good point the last time a thread was made about this so ill just piggyback on whatever he said. anyway, where is our action plannnnnnnnnn???? and whens the next gm takeover????
Wispur; Absently; lawrawrrr;

lawrawrrr
01-04-2015, 12:22 PM
I've made my opinion on action plans crystal clear in the various threads we've had before. I still won't be doing one!

We have the managers briefing in the Box which all the GMs write bigger things for and yes, I have projects which I'm going to be working on but I want to be able to work on them before I publicize exactly what they are.

I enjoyed doing the GM takeovers in the past, I think it's just been a case of being away/horribly busy with V7 as obviously that's our priority RN :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Empired
01-04-2015, 12:27 PM
I'd like at the very least a new GM Takeover. We've got the long Easter weekend coming up so plenty of people should be free.

also lol Inseriousity.;

Bloop
01-04-2015, 12:30 PM
oh christ i forgot the box awkward

lemme go check it now

and why not laura its not like u have anything to hide and u dnt have to detail everything u have on ur todo list. its just a rough idea which could also be improved on by the communitys input

i also have someting that i hope the new agm can accompolish ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like at the very least a new GM Takeover. We've got the long Easter weekend coming up so plenty of people should be free.

also lol Inseriousity.;
dnt be mean to him i made this thread on my own accord as i have something in mind :+

Empired
01-04-2015, 12:34 PM
oh christ i forgot the box awkward

lemme go check it now

and why not laura its not like u have anything to hide and u dnt have to detail everything u have on ur todo list. its just a rough idea which could also be improved on by the communitys input

i also have someting that i hope the new agm can accompolish ;)

- - - Updated - - -

dnt be mean to him i made this thread on my own accord as i have something in mind :+
no I actually mean he will be delighted to see his idea of an action plan being put forward again! lmfao

Bloop
01-04-2015, 12:38 PM
no I actually mean he will be delighted to see his idea of an action plan being put forward again! lmfaomikes little minions are everywhere

i scanned thru the managers briefing and i think half of them are not even completed or not showing results

i wonder if a new section could be added where managers review their plans the previous month. fun as we sieve out the competent and incompetent ones

lawrawrrr
01-04-2015, 12:43 PM
mikes little minions are everywhere

i scanned thru the managers briefing and i think half of them are not even completed or not showing results

i wonder if a new section could be added where managers review their plans the previous month. fun as we sieve out the competent and incompetent ones

quite a lot of the managers did leave within the last month remember. And this is why I really don't like action plans when it comes to Habbox or committing to doing a certain amount of things - something can suddenly come up IRL so you post away, something can come up that you have to plan, you can come up with a new idea that pushes other things to the back, there can be problems in implementing or finalizing the plans, overestimating the work involved, other people slowing down plans (graphics staff, agms, other managers, room builders) ETC.

I can't actually remember what all the manager briefings say but in department reports we always go through what's been done, what was given as targets and what hasn't. It's just not something I really think needs to be made public.

Inseriousity.
01-04-2015, 12:55 PM
lmao laura you're under the impression that an action plan is like a contract and everything on it MUST be done by the time specified but you post a progress report/new action plan after 3 months and say 'this wasn't done because....' so if something came up IRL or you decided to come up with a new idea or there's a problem or the workload was longer than expected or plans were slowed down, you'd be able to explain that and at least the community would be able to see the "behind the scenes" machinery. Or God forbid, maybe it'd speed those slow people up or the community would think 'hey that's a good idea, I can help'

You don't like the idea of an action plan because you have no ideas.

Chris
01-04-2015, 12:56 PM
I will organise a takeover to be run soon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Bloop
01-04-2015, 02:11 PM
king mike is back :P

anyway, if something cropped up, i think most of the people here would understand. u could just say family issues cropped up and im pretty sure as vile as most habboxers are we wont tear u and apart and devour your flesh.

an action plan brings about transparency and like i said, perhaps the community could further add on to the existing phase put in place that could potentially improve it? dnt think that action plans are areas to expose your weaknesses and that they do more harm than good!! rather, its the opposite.

lawrawrrr
01-04-2015, 02:51 PM
I have no ideas? Right ok then... oh apart from all the ideas I've already created and implemented. And already starting on one I'm working on once V7 is done.

I know you can go back and say why things weren't done but that sounds like extra time wasted when you could just not commit yourself then not have to defend yourself after. I don't want to open my work up more than I already have for people to jump on, ridicule and be nasty about (which people do have the ability to do).

I just think it's an absolute, complete waste of time to spend ages writing out all my ideas, waiting for feedback on all of them, having to defend myself for not doing them while also not leaking anything. It's just a waste.

When I want people's opinions or help I will ask for it, as I have done multiple times in the past, but I think it's nice to be able to launch something that people aren't expecting, as well.

I don't feel like I have to justify myself, while I will answer questions to the best of my ability in a takeover or asked on here.

-:Undertaker:-
01-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Habbox has always written up elaborate plans and they have always failed because plans are always broken or unforeseen circumstances occur. It would be better pushing things through rather than talking about them endlessly (see v7). That said and in the interests of fairness, as a department manager recently I was expected to write up paragraphs and paragraphs of waffle so I do think General Management should be expected to do the same.

lawrawrrr
01-04-2015, 03:01 PM
Habbox has always written up elaborate plans and they have always failed because plans are always broken or unforeseen circumstances occur. It would be better pushing things through rather than talking about them endlessly (see v7). That said and in the interests of fairness, as a department manager recently I was expected to write up paragraphs and paragraphs of waffle so I do think General Management should be expected to do the same.

We do. Every month in the Box, which is where the department briefings go. If you chose to fill it with waffle then that was your choice, rather than using it to let the community know what you were doing with the department [emoji4]

-:Undertaker:-
01-04-2015, 03:05 PM
We do. Every month in the Box, which is where the department briefings go. If you chose to fill it with waffle then that was your choice, rather than using it to let the community know what you were doing with the department [emoji4]

No, I am talking generally say in feedback or department reports of the levels of waffle expected.

I was crucified for not writing paragraphs of complete and utter waffle every week in department reports which is entirely pointless and forgets that this is a Habbo fansite. Likewise, public action plans are also entirely pointless as this is a fansite and isn't a bureaucracy department in a large corporation.

Inseriousity.
01-04-2015, 03:22 PM

It's taking 5 minutes out of their day to tell people what they're already working on so when these unforeseen circumstances occur (which they do, plan or not) then their ideas are not brushed under the carpet and never seen again.

It's not elaborate or complicated and it certainly would not take ages.

this took me 5 minutes (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=823459&p=8358263#post8358263)

Bloop
01-04-2015, 03:35 PM
jesus christ dan ur name looks hideous with the bamits in front

obviously its a habbo fansite, but then again we want to keep on improving, do we not?

"hey we are just a fansite so actually we should just let events die since its entirely pointless"

lawrawrrr
01-04-2015, 03:38 PM
Ok ok ok just cos were not wasting time writing an action plan doesn't mean we're not doing anything!!! That's a fairly big assumption to make :p

If it genuinely seemed like anyone, a manager or AGM wasn't doing anything then yes they should be justifying - to their seniors - why they're not, or what they're actually doing, but it's very time consuming to post and formulate an entire plan when IMO that time could be better spent actually doing stuff.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!