PDA

View Full Version : Sony tells hacked gamer to pay for crooks' abuse of PlayStation account

Oleh
04-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Sony has told a victim of fraud he must either pay the outstanding charge caused by his Playstation account being hacked, or remain locked out – effectively rendering his console unusable.In February, Ben Smyth's account was hacked and £49.99 was fraudulently charged to his credit card. His details were changed by Sony and the company told him the case was "under investigation".
Sony refused to provide a refund but he was able to get his credit card provider to block the payment going out.
Two months later Sony froze his Playstation account because of the outstanding £49.99, which it said was his responsibility to settle. The company does not dispute the fraudulent nature of the payment.
Until the money is repaid, all of his purchased content is unusable – including his games, as they require online access. He is currently unable to use more than £1,000-worth of purchased software and hardware.

Click here to read the full article (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/04/02/sony_holds_gun_to_gamers_heads_over_fraud_charges/)

Thoughts on the matter? I find it horrific that a company would have such a stance on frivolous charges which can ruin their reputation now it's in the public eye.

scottish
04-04-2015, 10:10 PM
Makes me glad I went with an Xbox One.

xxMATTGxx
04-04-2015, 10:50 PM
Haven't read the full article but Sony may want to remember when PSN was taken down for ages due to hackers.

Cody
04-04-2015, 11:15 PM
I think this is crazy. Sony shouldn't give any trouble refunding the poor kids money, XBOX ONE FTW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!