PDA

View Full Version : YouTube Partner Update

-Nick
09-04-2015, 11:30 AM
Got an email the other day:

Dear YouTube Partner,

Your fans want choices. Not only do they want to watch what they want, whenever they want, anywhere, and on any device they choose, they want YouTube features built specifically with their needs in mind. Over the past several months, we’ve taken bold new steps to bring these experiences to life. Since inviting hundreds of thousands of fans into our YouTube Music Key Beta, we've seen tremendous engagement. And we've seen an equally enthusiastic response for our new YouTube Kids app, designed to give families a simpler and safer video-viewing experience— it’s already crossed 2 million installations in less than one month.

We’re excited to build on this momentum by taking another big step in favor of choice: offering fans an ads-free version of YouTube for a monthly fee. By creating a new paid offering, we’ll generate a new source of revenue that will supplement your fast growing advertising revenue.

So what’s next?

Launching a new paid offering will require us to update your terms through your Creator Studio Dashboard (https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?u=/dashboard?o%3DU&g=HVUbFtJYmLmI0pEMsUPGI_61bUsKe9xGo18GP4o4obD27ZsG pex5ZMlbEPRuspeQE7vf&a=O7gfEXxhzy0)—a process that should feel familiar to anyone who went through a similar process three years ago when we began distributing and monetizing your content on mobile devices. Today, mobile represents over half of all watchtime and mobile revenue is up 200% in the last year. Just as with mobile, we’re confident this latest contract update will excite your fans and generate a previously untapped, additional source of revenue for you. Please look out for our notification, review it and let us know your thoughts.

It’s an exciting year for YouTube, as we push ourselves into uncharted territories. But we continue to be guided by a desire to deliver the choices fans want and the revenue you need. By working closely with you, we know it’ll be a successful journey.

The YouTube Team

Will this not majorly job the revenue for bigger Youtubers:P?
i won't myself as a viewer pay the fee for adfree videos.

Phil
09-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Are you a YouTube Partner? :S

And yeah I can see this not being very beneficial to YouTubers who rely on advertisements to make an income but I don't see this kicking off very well if at all since people can just get ad block?

-Nick
09-04-2015, 11:42 AM
Are you a YouTube Partner? :S

And yeah I can see this not being very beneficial to YouTubers who rely on advertisements to make an income but I don't see this kicking off very well if at all since people can just get ad block?

Yes, I am otherwise I wouldn't of got the email :P

Yeah if someone doesn't want to watch ad's they we use adblock. But they might take away the adblock system - rumours on twitter. They really should leave it how it is to be honest. Youtube are just trying to create a bigger net profit for themselves, but if Youtubers are relying on advertisements for an income and they offer people not to have ads, these youtubers might have to stop as they won't have any income.

Phil
09-04-2015, 11:46 AM
Yes, I am otherwise I wouldn't of got the email :P

Yeah if someone doesn't want to watch ad's they we use adblock. But they might take away the adblock system - rumours on twitter. They really should leave it how it is to be honest. Youtube are just trying to create a bigger net profit for themselves, but if Youtubers are relying on advertisements for an income and they offer people not to have ads, these youtubers might have to stop as they won't have any income.

I suppose this will only effect the small partners whereas bigger ones still have brand deal and things like that. Is much revenue even made from ads for the YouTubers?

-Nick
09-04-2015, 11:52 AM
I suppose this will only effect the small partners whereas bigger ones still have brand deal and things like that. Is much revenue even made from ads for the YouTubers?

Well you can see roughly how much PointlessBlog makes by youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jgOM8l9dnY

These are only estimates though. They have other way's of income.. e.g Pointlessblog has his 2 books.

The Don
09-04-2015, 01:16 PM
Guess this is an attempt to stop vessels growth :P

GoldenMerc
09-04-2015, 02:43 PM
I'll maybe pay, depending on price. I watch about an hour of Youtube videos a day... could be worth it

lemons
09-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Please stop using AdBlock :(

Stadiums
09-04-2015, 02:52 PM
I usually don't mind the adverts too much, if it's really cheap I might get it but I doubt it :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!