PDA

View Full Version : Ipb V2.0.4 Problems..

Infrontation
12-09-2005, 06:49 PM
I can't log in to the Admin CP, it tells me there "is no Ip adress in record" and then when i log in it says it doesn't match the ip in the records :s Anyway, I can log in to the normal forum bit, just no the Admin CP lol :'( Rep+ for person to give solution

GommeInc
12-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Perhaps you have set something in the Admin CP to only let admins in with their pass and IP? You may need someone to help you edit your database if not...

Infrontation
12-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Perhaps you have set something in the Admin CP to only let admins in with their pass and IP? You may need someone to help you edit your database if not...

Mmk can u check for me? :p

GommeInc
12-09-2005, 07:23 PM
I have no idea when it comes to that, maybe Mentor could help?

Infrontation
12-09-2005, 07:25 PM
Okay ty :D

Mentor
12-09-2005, 08:50 PM
maybe the acp in the new one checks ips as a safty feture, if u were useing somthing crapy like aol that rotates it woulnt work.
U can probaly disable it via editing the conf_global, athogh im guessing here so may be wrong

Infrontation
12-09-2005, 09:05 PM
maybe the acp in the new one checks ips as a safty feture, if u were useing somthing crapy like aol that rotates it woulnt work.
U can probaly disable it via editing the conf_global, athogh im guessing here so may be wrong
I am using crapy aol, :p So that could explain it.. Mmk any chance u having a look and selling if u can disable?

Homesrfan
12-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Hmm, I've never heard of this.
As mentor said, edit your conf_global.php
Look at all settings, I will look through it right now to see if I can't help you. :)

Infrontation
12-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Hmm, I've never heard of this.
As mentor said, edit your conf_global.php
Look at all settings, I will look through it right now to see if I can't help you. :)
Dam, went offline :'( Mentor xD

Homesrfan
12-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Found how to fix it...
edit the file admin.php in the root directory of the install. scroll down, you'll see this right away. in your install, it should say check_ip=0, you want to change it to a one as listed here.

// Check IP address to see if they match?

// this may cause problems for users on proxies

// where the IP address changes during a session

$check_ip = 1;

Infrontation
12-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Found how to fix it...
edit the file admin.php in the root directory of the install. scroll down, you'll see this right away. in your install, it should say check_ip=0, you want to change it to a one as listed here.

// Check IP address to see if they match?

// this may cause problems for users on proxies

// where the IP address changes during a session

$check_ip = 1;

Dam, means i have to get tom to do it for me.. He bought it for me. :p

Homesrfan
12-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Do you have access to a file manager/FTP?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!