PDA

View Full Version : Free and easy way to remove WMA DRM?

peteyt
10-04-2015, 08:49 PM
A friend of mine has a portable speaker, I believe one of the portable mini beatbox, that take's SD cards.

She has put some CDs onto Windows Media Player but the format needs to be in MP3 and the WMA tracks have had DRM protection added to them.

Is there any free program that can easily remove DRM from WMA files? The one's I've seen are trials with limits e.g. only 30 seconds of a song etc.

Firehorse
11-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Just load the file into audacity and then export as mp3 (you need to download the mp3 codec for audacity which you can find on their website).

peteyt
12-04-2015, 09:37 PM
Just load the file into audacity and then export as mp3 (you need to download the mp3 codec for audacity which you can find on their website).

Doesn't work - When I import the track it comes up with either no sound or a click, most probably due to the DRM protection that the tracks have

Firehorse
12-04-2015, 10:17 PM
Alternatively burn the music to a disk (can be a virtual disk using magiciso so you don't end up wasting disks), then rip the music back off that disk and saving as mp3 in the process.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!