PDA

View Full Version : Most shocking or big events that you think will happen in your lifetime

-:Undertaker:-
14-04-2015, 01:48 AM
Alright so, what big or shocking events do you believe or know will happen in your lifetime? Whether it's to do with current affairs, war, technology, films - whatever. Obviously this is only what we believe ourselves what will happen, and as history shows: the unexpected always is thrown up at us because who would have predicted the collapse and dissolution of the vast Ottoman Empire in 1880 or the tragic events of 9/11 back in 1990 when the Berlin Wall was pulled down?

My first pick for the most shocking and big event in my lifetime is the death of Queen Elizabeth II and the accession to the throne by the Prince of Wales. It may seem strange in that death will come to all of us, especially an old lady approaching 90 next year... but the fact it'll just flash on our screens one day (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkuQMCpaKGI), we'll instantly have a new Head of State and the national anthem will change/new symbols on Police cars/hats and so on will seem so surreal given most people alive have only ever lived under one monarch. It'll just be really really strange even though I am clued up as to what happens/the conventions involved etc.

My second would be the collapse of the fiat monetary system, which will make other economic crisis' in history look like childs play as money continues to decline and eventually collapse in value given it isn't backed by anything but sheer faith. That is of course, unless something is done beforehand to avert the course.

My third would be civil unrest in Great Britain like we've never seen before. I think if mass immigration continues at the rate it is now and multiculturalism rather than integration is still followed, then the ethnic and cultural ghettos we're setting up in our inner cities right now will explode just as they do in other multicultural nations across the world on a regular basis. In other words, I reckon sadly the prophecy of Enoch Powell will be fulfilled in my lifetime unless something is done to change course.

So they are my three picks for big and shocking events I reckon will take place in my lifetime.

How about you?

Lewis
14-04-2015, 05:36 PM
In no particular order...

1. The first man on Mars
2. Scottish independence
3. Alien life being found or proved to exist (probably not intelligent life to begin with, but maybe eventually)

Kardan
14-04-2015, 05:48 PM
In no particular order...

1. The first man on Mars
2. Scottish independence
3. Alien life being found or proved to exist (probably not intelligent life to begin with, but maybe eventually)

Would Scottish independence even be a big or shocking event? I mean, I'm quite astounded that you've placed it with two quite significant things as if it holds the same sort of impact.

I agree with you Dan, the death of the Queen was my top answer. My 2nd thought was something like 9/11 happening, not necessarily planes and buildings, but a large scale terror attack that will have an impact on how the world runs. Not sure about 3 - a man on Mars doesn't seem that impressive to me, but I imagine actually trying to build a civilization on there would be impressive, not sure if that will happen in our lifetime though.

Inseriousity.
14-04-2015, 06:27 PM
"My second would be the collapse of the fiat monetary system, which will make other economic crisis' in history look like childs play as money continues to decline and eventually collapse in value given it isn't backed by anything but sheer faith. That is of course, unless something is done beforehand to avert the course."

lol you Marxist.

I agree with Kardan, I think a huge terrorist attack will probably occur again in UK or US. probably something along the lines of a hotel/shopping centre massacre.
World War 3
HxF The Mole 4.

FlyingJesus
14-04-2015, 07:20 PM
V7.

Evanora
14-04-2015, 07:44 PM
hmm perhaps a worldwide shortage the likes of which the world has never seen such as ferrero rocher shortage

Aiden
14-04-2015, 07:48 PM
For it to be shocking it will have to be a very quick and sudden or secretive thing really. So key things like death, war. Things like technology will happen over time so won't be very shocking. I'm no clairvoyant so I'm not actually sure. I know I will be pretty sad when the Queen passes but shocked? Maybe if she or a world leader was murdered.

Lewis
14-04-2015, 08:02 PM
Would Scottish independence even be a big or shocking event? I mean, I'm quite astounded that you've placed it with two quite significant things as if it holds the same sort of impact.

I agree with you Dan, the death of the Queen was my top answer. My 2nd thought was something like 9/11 happening, not necessarily planes and buildings, but a large scale terror attack that will have an impact on how the world runs. Not sure about 3 - a man on Mars doesn't seem that impressive to me, but I imagine actually trying to build a civilization on there would be impressive, not sure if that will happen in our lifetime though.

I didn't mean it'd make an impact as huge as the other two things in my list, it's just the first three things that came to me :P. It probably wouldn't be too shocking but it'd be a big thing for the UK at least, whereas the other two would be a more worldwide thing.

Nick
15-04-2015, 04:53 AM
ISIS will takeover australia

Oddy
15-04-2015, 08:49 AM
1. WW3
2. A huge terror act in scandinavia. (last attack 70 teens died)
3. Can't come up with anything.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!