PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Zone

Danny
23-04-2015, 05:03 AM
On certain trains they have a 'quiet zone' where electronic use must be used quietly and no mobile phone usage but all the time I hear people on the phone or playing videos loudly. The trains are usually fairly empty at this time of day so no excuse not to use other carriages. Is it just me or do others get pissed off at these people's selfishness?

lawrawrrr
23-04-2015, 06:36 AM
You can tell the conductor if he's there and he should make people move! Most of the time quiet carriages (which I ALWAYS book) are perfectly quiet for me but I have seen people be asked to move before deffo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt
23-04-2015, 08:59 AM
Our trains don't have quiet carriages :(

People just don't care now, they do what they want when they want. It does annoy me when you can hear their entire conversation though, or the game they're playing!

lemons
23-04-2015, 02:25 PM
never use trains with quiet zones and don't really care if i don't want to listen to other people i just put my earphones in and listen to music

all should watch this funny argument on the london underground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFIwMTRj6J0

Alkaz
23-04-2015, 02:37 PM
I've had it like once, I have to travel round the country at times on fact finding missions and I try to book the quiet carriage so that I can get on and do work without distraction and there has only been once when some bloke was just being a complete ******* with his mobile phone game :@

Charz777
23-04-2015, 04:06 PM
I used to get the train to and from uni every day. People were doing it quite a lot. I never felt the need to complain, except internally, but I internally moan about ignorant people all the time. People talking on their phone used to annoy me the most, or people playing music so loud through their headphones that I could hear it. No one says a word about that but an old guy gave me a death stare for rustling a packet of crisps!

Chris
23-04-2015, 04:07 PM
I almost always sit in the quiet zones. I hate it when its rowdy during quiet times of the day when there is lots of space, but I understand that the quiet zone may be loud during peak hours.

UnrealGoffEmo
25-04-2015, 08:21 PM
If the part's of the train are empty and it don't matter playing music etc - that I fine I think, but not otherwise!

As for the Video - it is just beyond staged .... AS IF that'd happen (yeah it does but for mins) and no-one par that 1 boke batted an eyelid - it is just too un-real to be real!

lemons
25-04-2015, 08:40 PM
As for the Video - it is just beyond staged .... AS IF that'd happen (yeah it does but for mins) and no-one par that 1 boke batted an eyelid - it is just too un-real to be real!

who would stage an argument on a train :rolleyes: hardly anyone does anything these days to stop arguments or fights in public!

Earthquake
25-04-2015, 08:45 PM
to be fair I stand waiting for the train, if the quiet zone stops at where I'm jumping on, then I couldn't care less. I'll have my earphones in listening to music, i'll answer my phone if I get a call. I pay my fare, not follow their rules and be quiet like a good boy. sorry but thats the truth.

UnrealGoffEmo
25-04-2015, 09:11 PM
to be fair I stand waiting for the train, if the quiet zone stops at where I'm jumping on, then I couldn't care less. I'll have my earphones in listening to music, i'll answer my phone if I get a call. I pay my fare, not follow their rules and be quiet like a good boy. sorry but thats the truth.

Sounds totally fair me to me mate.

I am similar - if the inevitable happens .... so be it Lol

-:Undertaker:-
26-04-2015, 10:51 PM
I wish there were quiet zones across trains I CAN'T STAND morons playing music loudly. Literally drives me insane especially if I am tired/irritable.

Danny
27-04-2015, 03:32 AM
After work I am irritable, but because I wear the company uniform I can ask them to be quiet if I really feel the need. As to those that would just go on the quiet zone regardless, that is selfish and lazy.

Jssy
27-04-2015, 07:59 AM
In Yorkshire we don't have quiet carriages we get other regions old trains and drunk football holligans whenever I'm on trains

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!