PDA

View Full Version : Total War...Warhammer!?!?

Collegno
24-04-2015, 08:35 PM
Well, they did it. Creative Assembly dun broke the mould and made a high fantasy RTS. My two favourite brands just combined.

What do you all think? Any potential in it? Are they making a mistake? What game would you have prefferred from them next?

Chris
24-04-2015, 09:03 PM
I'm interested because I'm a big fan of the Dawn of War series, however I do understand that this new game is based on Warhammer rather than Warhammer 40k that the Dawn of War series is based on. I'll keep an eye on it though!

Collegno
24-04-2015, 09:42 PM
Dawn of War is an amazing franchise. Do you play much, Chris? I was somewhat reluctant to play DoW II for a while, just because it removed the base-building elements, but I like how it was made into a more...almost MoBA style game.

As for the new game, Warhammer Fantasy still has the evergreen (ha. ha) Orks. That's good.

Chris
25-04-2015, 10:10 AM
Dawn of War is an amazing franchise. Do you play much, Chris? I was somewhat reluctant to play DoW II for a while, just because it removed the base-building elements, but I like how it was made into a more...almost MoBA style game.

As for the new game, Warhammer Fantasy still has the evergreen (ha. ha) Orks. That's good.

Yeah I have been playing it quite a bit recently. I mainly play Soulstorm as I prefer the base building and larger scale battles, but I do play DoW 2 when I'm in the right mood for it.

I'll have to have a look at the original Warhammer lore and find out if there are many similarities.

Collegno
25-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Yeah I have been playing it quite a bit recently. I mainly play Soulstorm as I prefer the base building and larger scale battles, but I do play DoW 2 when I'm in the right mood for it.

I'll have to have a look at the original Warhammer lore and find out if there are many similarities.

I could have a game or two with you on Soulstorm at some point, if you're interested. I bought the franchise about four years back. Mods or not?

Chris
25-04-2015, 12:27 PM
I could have a game or two with you on Soulstorm at some point, if you're interested. I bought the franchise about four years back. Mods or not?

Sure :D Not played online for years! I use mods in skirmish, they make the game more entertaining.

lRhyss
25-04-2015, 12:31 PM
Only every played with the actual figures, not the games.

Ogres, Vampires and Orks ftw.

Not sure on the games though, might give it a check out.

Collegno
01-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Only every played with the actual figures, not the games.

Ogres, Vampires and Orks ftw.

Not sure on the games though, might give it a check out.

Ogres and Orks are entertaining as all hell. I'm kind of looking forwards to Vampire Counts though. Mannheim on his giant lich dragon would be such a brilliant character.

On that note, anyone else think that this could be the start of Total War doing some more fantasy things? I want a Song of Ice and Fire: Total War game more than I want food.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!