PDA

View Full Version : Did you pass your driving test first time?

Matt
28-04-2015, 07:25 AM
I hate driving, I got my learners about 2 years ago and went for a 45 minute drive with my dad and I've not been back in the driving seat since. It doesn't appeal to me and I just didn't enjoy myself. So I've not actually been for my practical driving test yet (which is awkward) but I was talking to my friends about them going for theirs. Most of friends have passed first time and I know the odd person who's been for their practicals for both manual and automatic (hats off to them considering some of them are only just turning 18).

Did you pass your practical driving test first time? If not, how many times did you have to sit it?

Nick
28-04-2015, 09:21 AM
ur gunna be a train rat 4evr matt :l.......

I have like 86 hours up and im going for a lesson next monday then he will tell me if im ready for the test

Chris
28-04-2015, 09:51 AM
Yeah I passed first time! 3 years ago now which seems insane.

Chippiewill
28-04-2015, 10:04 AM
Yup, it was a pretty stressful test as I got stuck waiting for one of those skip trucks (It was blocking the road) during the independent driving bit and I wasn't sure what to do.

went for a 45 minute drive with my dad and I've not been back in the driving seat since.

I definitely didn't like driving at first. It gets more enjoyable.

Matt
28-04-2015, 10:12 AM
I definitely didn't like driving at first. It gets more enjoyable.

Yeah I've heard that from quite a few people, which sounds promising. I'll hopefully get my act together soon and sort it out.

Absently
28-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I did :) was so happy when I did as I was moving to England a few days later :D I go through phases of hating driving and then loving it. I don't mind long journeys but hate the short ones in the morning that I do

Alysha
28-04-2015, 10:40 AM
I did too. I didn't really enjoy the lessons, but when I was able to just get in the car by myself and drive it was fantastic.

welshcake
28-04-2015, 10:55 AM
I didn't no. Think I've mentioned this before. I like failed late January and took it again February the 3rd and passed.

Shockwave.2CC
28-04-2015, 11:10 AM
Yep, I passed first time with only 3 minors.

Just need money for insurance now :)

Cody
28-04-2015, 11:39 AM
I passed my driving test the first time but the drug and alcohol test I did however fail once before I passed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil
28-04-2015, 12:04 PM
I have failed it twice :( Waiting on another test date now, hopefully get one and PASS before I move away next month.

j0rd
28-04-2015, 01:08 PM
Yeah first time, not far off 4 years ago now!!

buttons
28-04-2015, 01:11 PM
i passed first time surprisingly since i'm a nervous driver

MotorStefan95
28-04-2015, 01:25 PM
I didn't pass first time, it was quite a stressful test and I was doing quite well until someone wouldn't move at traffic lights even though they were green and I stalled. By the time I got the car started again I went to move, but the light changed to red and I had to stop suddenly. The woman was brutal though, she wouldn't talk to me and stayed eerily quiet the whole time, even when I tried to talk to her. My driver instructor believed that this was just a slip up on the day and told me to book it again for a few days later and I passed with flying colours. The man I got for this test put me at ease straight away and I could also talk to him during the test.

The theory test was also very easy for me. I more or less got every question right, with 1 wrong.

GoldenMerc
28-04-2015, 02:58 PM
Failed Theory & Practical once before I passed

sexpot
28-04-2015, 05:17 PM
passed it the first time, it'll be 10 years ago later this year and I'll have to get it renewed

Charz777
28-04-2015, 07:20 PM
I passed at the start of the month after a year and a half of lessons. Failed 3 times before and on really pathetic things which I was stupid for doing. I love driving but I hated lessons even though my instructors were friendly and funny. And I really hated tests - so nervous on the day!

FlyingJesus
28-04-2015, 08:00 PM
2nd time for me, and glad about it frankly. If I'd been given a pass after the first test (which he could have done as I had a borderline score or something) I'd be a much worse driver now I'm sure because I learned a lot more about control and judgement after that. I still went to France illegally and crashed a year later, but control and judgement.

Metric1
29-04-2015, 03:47 AM
I passed it first try, I got caught speeding on my way home so I may or may not have to go for it again depending on how many tickets are still on my record :(

Brad
29-04-2015, 04:57 AM
In Ontario we have our G1, G2 and G. (G1 being your "beginners", and so on) I almost failed by G1 by one question, and I failed my G2 once because she had said I almost hit someone on a hill... but there was no one there. I aced it the second time...
Getting my G was easy.. though it it's the final level and usually the hardest.

e5
29-04-2015, 05:53 AM
I passed on my 3rd go. Not too bad really I guess. I did have lots of gaps where I kept giving up too haha :P

Zak
29-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Yes I passed first time

GommeInc
29-04-2015, 11:05 AM
Second time. First time the car didn't hold on a hill and rolled back just a tiny bit too much. Other than that it was perfect.

That was way too long ago :S

Oddy
30-04-2015, 12:30 AM
I have everything i need to take the license, i just need to wait until september when i turn 18 to try the test drive exam. I'm usually out practice driving everyday, so i think i will pass it unless i crash or do something really stupid.

Oleh
01-05-2015, 01:15 AM
Passed first time... Somehow.

A week before the test was scheduled, I could barely do roundabouts. Luckily for me the Learner infront was on their test on the exact same route, so I just followed them and passed with something like 15 minors... One of which was pulling out of a parked situation whilst a bus was at a busstop over the road... Legitimately didn't know that was reason for a fault.

Passed my theory by 1 and 2 points as well. Sums me up pretty well, do the bare minimum and nothing less. :D:D

Sho
01-05-2015, 07:03 AM
Yeah I passed first time woo
Not sure how though cause I'm sure I went over the speed limit at least two times oops

Nick
03-05-2015, 02:59 AM
Yeah I passed first time woo
Not sure how though cause I'm sure I went over the speed limit at least two times oops

Wow thats instant fail ;l

Matthew
03-05-2015, 11:05 AM

I have like 86 hours up and im going for a lesson next monday then he will tell me if im ready for the test

86 hours of lessons? That's loads!

I passed first time with like 20 hours of lessons. Isn't the average like 30-40 hrs?

Nick
03-05-2015, 11:11 AM
86 hours of lessons? That's loads!

I passed first time with like 20 hours of lessons. Isn't the average like 30-40 hrs?

no like i have to do 100 hours of driving like with either my mum or dad in the car but i've only had 2 lessons of 2 hours and I have one tomorrow

AgnesIO
03-05-2015, 11:13 AM

In the UK, 86 hours would be considered a huge amount. Blimey!

I had about 50-60 hours driving before I passed, but did pass the first time. I figured at 100 (or whatever it is), I'd rather pass first time than fail and have to pay twice (and failing is never an option).

Nick
03-05-2015, 11:18 AM

I had about 50-60 hours driving before I passed, but did pass the first time. I figured at 100 (or whatever it is), I'd rather pass first time than fail and have to pay twice (and failing is never an option).

yeah i used to live on the other side of australia and you only need to do 25 hours then a prac test then another 25 hours and then a computer test but on the east side you have to do 100 hours and then you do your prac then get your P's

Right now I can confidently drive by myself without a doubt but just getting the last few hours ;(

AgnesIO
03-05-2015, 11:51 AM
yeah i used to live on the other side of australia and you only need to do 25 hours then a prac test then another 25 hours and then a computer test but on the east side you have to do 100 hours and then you do your prac then get your P's

Right now I can confidently drive by myself without a doubt but just getting the last few hours ;(

Ohh that's strange :P Over here you cannot do the practical test before you pass the computer test.

Nick
03-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Ohh that's strange :P Over here you cannot do the practical test before you pass the computer test.

yeah its weird but im not sure if i have to do the computer one or not, or if i just do the prac but i guess ill find out

Earthquake
03-05-2015, 01:56 PM
been doing lessons every now and then and to be fair, I have other things to pay for right now then insurance, once I'm on full time contract i'll think about it.

Phil
03-05-2015, 03:31 PM
In Ireland there's none of this clocking up hours business. We do a theory test then 12 compulsory lessons and then after six months of being on a provisional license we can book our test for our full license.

Nick
03-05-2015, 10:16 PM
In Ireland there's none of this clocking up hours business. We do a theory test then 12 compulsory lessons and then after six months of being on a provisional license we can book our test for our full license.

you all get it too easy, yet australia still have ****** up drivers???

xxMATTGxx
04-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Reading this is making me somewhat nervous when I try and start learning to drive. I really need to get it done but been having to pay and sort out of other things first. Definitely going to get it done before the end of next year though. *fingers crossed*

Matt
05-05-2015, 09:18 AM

and to think the drivers in the UK are so much better than the drivers over here (and we have to rack up loads of hours before we get our P's!)

People over here seriously can't drive to save their life. I have no idea how half the population over here managed to pass their tests.

nat965
28-01-2017, 09:49 PM
Failed the learners theory test 3 times but passed the practical.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!